The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A tiny riddle
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

A tiny riddle

Last month, I was pretty shocked because quite a few blokes in this forum do not understand "the modes".
I said that room acoustics is a just summation of the modes, which is theoretically proved the truth, but some ignorant do not understand the "mode" at the first place.
I explained it does not mean something they say "the room modes", but the entire modes of the system, of course including furniture, traps, vibrating walls, whatever you are interested.
And with using figures created by this very theory, but unfortunately, the imbecile could not understand a single thing.

The theory itself is not novel, not even uncommon, and not limited in acoustics either, actually it is a commonly used simulation technique in automotive industry (NVH), aerospace industry (noise and vibration), and recently in some architectural industry (e.g. shock to the slab such as footsteps in the flat or dealing with seismic problem in tall buildings, bridges, etc.) for thirty years, YES, WHOLE THIRTY YEARS.
Of course acoustician knows this (if they are properly educated, I know some acoustician in the acoustic society in my country and some actually uses in their designing, others don't though), my friends in mechanical engineering knows, friends in physics knows, friends in electronics knows, at least in my level of education, it is that basic.

I'm not sure about your average level of education, but I know many of you are suggesting that you are having good knowledge about acoustics, some are even behaving as an acoustician (which looks pathetically shoddy in most cases though), So, who can name this technique?
If you were that sort of college student, pull the texts out of a cardboard box, wipe dust, and read them, maybe you can find it.
BIG HINT: M**** S************ M***** (mind you that asterisks are not necessarily representing the number of characters.)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search