The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UK New Build Advice
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

UK New Build Advice

Hi.

Firstly apologies for an extremely dull question but this one has me slightly flummoxed.

I'm building a studio within an existing brick outbuilding so I'm doing a room inside a room for the main recording area but would also like to treat the external wall (9" solid brick) of a staircase / hallway just outside of this isolated room as best I can as a sort of second line of defence.

There's not enough space between this wall and the staircase to fit a stud wall with fibre glass or mineral wool so I was thinking of glueing some rigid insulation (Cellotex or similar) to the back of some 15mm soundboard and putting that on the wall. (Building code insists I thermally insulate it somehow)

If I batten or use adhesive to fix this board to the wall am i going to create a void behind which Is going to cause problems? Would this type of insulation help to dampen any resonate in this void or not? Could I maybe screw the board directly to the wall or would this would make things any better? I have about 80mm space between stairs and wall.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search