The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundproofing Pls Help Girlfriend Mad
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Soundproofing Pls Help Girlfriend Mad

Hi! i moved and now i have neighbours behind one wall. Sadly i cant build a room in room construction to effectively proof my studio. What can i do to at least proof my studio a little more? It's a 17,20m^2 room with higher ceiling.
Help immensely appreciated, all the best
Aaron
Old 3 weeks ago
Can you describe more about the building in terms of the area transitioning from your space to your neighbours? What are the existing walls (material, etc)? Is it a continuous straight wall? What are the dimensions of the wall you are concerned about? Are the floors continuous between your 2 spaces? Do you have windows which could be contributing noise bleed to the neighbours?

Also, what are the offending sound sources in the studio? Drums? Your monitors? Sub-bass?

It's hard to offer ideas without more details. A quick diagram would also help.
Old 3 weeks ago
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoSchiele View Post
Sadly i cant build a room in room construction to effectively proof my studio. What can i do to at least proof my studio a little more?
Honest answer? **** all. At least nothing that will make any discernible difference in terms of noise reduction.

Soundproofing is one of those "go hard or go home"-type activities. You either invest considerably in doing a proper job of it, or you avoiding wasting your time/money, as there's no useful half-way point.

Best advice would be to invest in a good set of headphones. I say this as a bass player who gets asked this question a lot by other bass players
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I had the same problem - there is nothing you can do really apart from investing in good headphones instead.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
If the problems are bass, you could try using a tactile transducer on your seat, or the make the ones you can wear.

https://www.amazon.com/SubPac-M2X-We.../dp/B0751H8FZ1

Then use some sort of DSP box (minidsp maybe) as a crossover so your speakers aren't playing the lower range.

Another thing that can help is to use properly loaded isolation springs on subwoofers. Like the mason industries vibration isolation products etc. You need to load them to near their max weight rating.

If you need more isolation than that the best bet is headphones.
Old 3 weeks ago
rented or do you own the place?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search