The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
monitors size? pic of my room inside
Old 20th May 2019
Here for the gear

monitors size? pic of my room inside

So i've been mixing on headphones and i really feel the need of buying a pair of monitors but since my room is small i don't know if 6.5" would be good for me. I'm excited about the focal alpha 65, they are expensive here on this side of the earth but i want a good pair of monitors, need them to last many years.

Here's a pic of how my room looks now

https://i.imgur.com/p7nW4tE.jpg
i'm not allowed to use IMG tags yet

no floor mat, no curtain, just solid walls everywhere. Also would like to know if it's better to use wooden curtains or just go with fabric curtains.. i'm not really sure about it!

thanks in advance guys
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear
Put your desk on window wall.

And search function above

What size monitors and acoustic advice

What size monitors and acoustic advice
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
since my room is small i don't know if 6.5" would be good for me.
Probably not, depending on the type of music you mix. If it is just cowbells, cymbals, an castanets, you'd probably be fine with a tiny speaker, but if you want to mix for things like drums, keyboards, bass, electric, acoustic guitars, etc., then you definitely need a larger speaker, or perhaps smaller ones with a couple of large sub woofers to fill in the low end.

Room size has no bearing at all on speaker size. That's a common myth, but totally wrong. Your choice of speaker frequency range depends on thing only: your music. Room size is irrelevant to that.

- Stuart -
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Addict

Adding to @ Soundman2020 : For bass frequencies, I think bigger drivers on average will have less distortion at the same level as smaller drivers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search