The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studio in the corner of the room
Old 16th May 2019
Here for the gear

Studio in the corner of the room

Hello, ive been looking around on this forum and have found some posts about studio being in the corner of the room. Its not a good idea, i know, but the things is that its my only option. So the question is: is it possible to make the corner so, that there would t be any problems with the stereo imaging and bass? Of course acoustic foams help and i have to get a lot of bass traps. I live on the last floor which means the ceiling/wall is diagonal? I dont know if it makes things worse or better. Every tip and solution would be very much appreciated and ill also add a picture of the studio(which is not ready because of the foams)
https://m.imgur.com/a/V57zZi1

Thank you!
Old 17th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smit View Post
Hello, ive been looking around on this forum and have found some posts about studio being in the corner of the room. Its not a good idea, i know, but the things is that its my only option. So the question is: is it possible to make the corner so, that there would t be any problems with the stereo imaging and bass? Of course acoustic foams help and i have to get a lot of bass traps. I live on the last floor which means the ceiling/wall is diagonal? I dont know if it makes things worse or better. Every tip and solution would be very much appreciated and ill also add a picture of the studio(which is not ready because of the foams)
https://m.imgur.com/a/V57zZi1

Thank you!
FIRST:
It is not problem if your studio is in the corner IF you have everything symmetrical from left to right. Even if your ceiling is slanted.
I do not know if this is a case with your corner, because you did not send a drawing of the whole room.

SECOND:
Try to avoid unreasonably large working reflecting surfaces, between you and your loudspeakers. You are trying to build studio not bank office. Also you do not have a big mixing desk, try not to improvise similar reflecting surface, without reason.

I hope I help you.

Last edited by boggy; 17th May 2019 at 09:48 PM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search