The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for sources on history of acoustic design
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Looking for sources on history of acoustic design

Hi everyone,

I'm doing some research into the history of acoustic treatment/design of popular studios, particularly the live room. Ideally I'm looking for information on studios popular in the 70s and onwards, and how the way they were treated impacted the music that came out of them.

The goal is that this can inform the design of the treatment for the studio I work in, as we wish to make it a flexible environment that can authentically capture the kind of sounds linked with historic eras.

If any of you have sources/articles that you think would be useful to me then I would hugely appreciate your help.

Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If you google your question you get lots of results....
Here's the first.. >> The Origins of Building Acoustics for Theatre and Music Performances – John Mourjopoulos
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Jason,

I've done a lot of googling and reading of journals, however most of it is looking at theatres and concert halls rather than music studios specifically. I will have a look at the article you have linked to

thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

For starters MHoA. There is apaper by Putnam pn control room design. Chisholm has a paper on deslgn. Cooper has a good book. Plus acoustics texts for the meat.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Marshall Long's "Architectural Acoustics" touches on that a little, but not much detail.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search