The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studio Monitors, which one? Studio Monitors
Old 14th April 2019
Here for the gear

Studio Monitors, which one?

Hi guys, I'm going to modernize my studio and I've order new desk, new synth, bass trap ecc. For the moment I've the desk with PC and all synths, from 1.5 m to the wall cause I've a couple of M-Audio bx8 d3 with bass reflex and I must have to keep It at 50cm from the wall.
So now I want to support the new desk to the wall and then buy a new Monitors without bass reflex and use the M-Audio to play with turntables.
I saw the Adam A5x without bass reflex and I think that they are really good about specifics but I dont know if they are good also for the music that I'm doing, I play live set (acid techno) with machines if this thing can help you to suggest me a good Monitors.
So guys, what do you think about this Monitors or which one could be very good for my situation?
Thank you.
Old 16th April 2019
Gear Maniac
ATC ASL20s and a Sub

ATC ASL20s and one or two ATC SCM0 subs.
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've a couple of M-Audio BX8 d3 with bass reflex and I must have to keep It at 50cm from the wall.
Actually, that's not really true. It is possible to place a rear-ported speaker close to the front wall. It is even possible yo flush mount them in the wall (a.k.a. "soffit mount"). As Jens pointed out, there are methods for dealing with the port.

Quote:
I saw the Adam A5X without bass reflex
Those are ported: they have two rather large bass reflex ports... on the front, not on the back, but they are still ported, and still suffer from the same pros and cons as all ported speakers.

Quote:
I dont know if they are good also for the music that I'm doing,
You should choose your speakers based on the room they will be used in, and how they will be mounted, rather than just on the genre. Any speaker that covers the frequency range of your music is a potential candidate, so you could prepare a long list of suitable monitors, but the best way to narrow down that list is to match the speaker to the room.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search