The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help me enhance my room treatment !!!!
Old 14th April 2019
Gear Head

Help me enhance my room treatment !!!!

Hello friends,

Hey guys, i would like to enhance my room acoustics, i have been working in this room for years now. I can say that i am happy with the results so far. As you can see in the photos bellow, my room is fairly treated following advice from expert fellas here on gearslutz. However i still have some problems hearing bass and low mids accurately. One obvious reason is the lack of isolation material on desk for the monitors , which will be very soon sorted out, i have already placed an order for a pair of isoacoustics. Apart from that i have a few questions. Notice that i can't really achieve symmetry in treatment at the listening space since i have a door and a concrete column on the left side of the room, so i decided to leave them untreated and place 2 bass traps behind my speakers instead. I pretty much hear some rumble and bass build up in these corners. However i was afraid to trap these corners since i won't be able to achieve symmetry . I have tested my room recently , and i got the room frequency response uploaded as well. It looks very flat to me other than a peak at 115 hrz . Anyways my questions are

1. Should i add traps at these corners nevertheless?
2. Is there any other areas that i can add some more treatment?
3. How can i deal with the 115hrz peak problem?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Help me enhance my room treatment !!!!-20190407_220525.jpg  
Old 14th April 2019
Lives for gear
hello,

1) remove all this foam
2) remove all this carpets
3) give the names of the expert on gearslutz who you advised.
4) use porous absorbers with the good Gas Flow Resistance function of the Thickness.

for evaluate
Porous Absorber Calculator

5) the measurements should be posted by the downloading of the mdat file or by showing measures with a resolution of 1/24 dbo and by square of 5 db
Old 14th April 2019
Gear Head

Thanks a lot for your reply . I will check the porous thing out. I have never heard of it before .
The foam and the carpets were in the room prior to its treatment. Here are the rest of the photos
Attached Thumbnails
Help me enhance my room treatment !!!!-20190412_185713.jpg   Help me enhance my room treatment !!!!-20190407_220615.jpg   Help me enhance my room treatment !!!!-20190407_220603.jpg   Help me enhance my room treatment !!!!-20190407_220539.jpg   Help me enhance my room treatment !!!!-20190407_220554.jpg  

Help me enhance my room treatment !!!!-img-20190414-wa0004.jpg  
Old 14th April 2019
Lives for gear
A workpiece plane will be more helpful with all the acoustic gears and furnitures, speakers.
Old 14th April 2019
Gear Head

I dont understand what you mean by a workpiece plane?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search