The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
REW measurements after bass trapping 500 Series Dynamics
Old 4 weeks ago
  #31
Here for the gear
 

DO YOU REALLY CAN DO THIS "rather simple" SIMULATION? And, if you could, can I give you SOME BASIC PROBLEM?
(ANSWER NEEDED, BECAUSE IF YOU COULD, YOU CAN EXPLAIN YOURSELF NOT AN IMBECILE.)
Old 4 weeks ago
  #32
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyBassTraps View Post
DO YOU REALLY CAN DO THIS "rather simple" SIMULATION? And, if you could, can I give you SOME BASIC PROBLEM?
(ANSWER NEEDED, BECAUSE IF YOU COULD, YOU CAN EXPLAIN YOURSELF NOT AN IMBECILE.)
Once again, I have no idea what you tried to say there! Once again, the bong must have held too much attraction for you, I guess.

But just to remind you when you get back later, what we are waiting for is the equation you promised that shows how one can derive the SBIR, ITDG, early reflection, and comb filtering predictions for the mix position, by using only the predicted modal response of the room.

You made the claim that you can do this, so now we are merely waiting for you to prove it. I gave you a very simple case to solve, since I don't want to make it unduly complex for you. The case is this: A room measuring 11' x 9' x 8', with the chair being a simple rectangular wooden box (such as an apple crate) measuring 20" H x 19" W by 16", and a simple wood plank for a desk, 2" thick, 5ft long, and 3ft wide, 28" above the floor, on the room center line, and 4ft from the front wall, resting on four 1" diameter solid steel legs, one at each corner. There is no other furniture in the room, and no acoustic treatment. No doors, no windows. Assume that the walls, floor and ceiling are all 1m thick concrete, to make it even easier for you. Standard temperature and pressure.

That's a VERY simple room. The modal situation is dead easy to predict (do it with the REW Room Sim tool, since you claim that this is what the world's leading acoustic researchers rely on), or use another modal prediction tool if you prefer. The room is not complicate at all, and even a total rookie studio builder could figure out the modes in a few minutes.

Since you are apparently the world's leading expert in this type of modal analysis, that should be a piece of cake for you. Very simple.

So please do go ahead: derive the SBIR, ITDG, early reflection, and comb filtering predictions for the mix position, by using only the predicted modal response of that room (and of the objects in it, if you need to).

The ball is in your court...




- Stuart -

Last edited by Soundman2020; 4 weeks ago at 05:46 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
  #33
Here for the gear
 

Do not answer, just trying to evade. Very typical and predictable, very.
Because I know you're trying to keep bluffing, and it sort of works for some of the innocent slutz.
But it does not work at all for me from the very begging, because I know (or even you are telling me in every single post) that you are an incompetent.

You can not tell the truth, because it means loosing, You can not keep bluffing either, because you know that you can't,
You can not learn fundamentals of physics and take the challenge, even if you had some ability to learn something, because learning itself means loosing as well.
The only option you can take was, just do not answer this very clear and simple question.

You could be a community hero, if you had some basic knowledge, beating bastard new comer!
But the brutal honest truth is, there are absolutely no chance, What a shame, What a cul de sac.

If you could answer the above question, simply you can or you can't,
And if you could, which I Personally do not believe, let's solve the same problem in the same FE based method (both modal and steady), and compare the results.

Mr. BuyBassTraps
Old 4 weeks ago
  #34
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyBassTraps View Post
Do not answer, just trying to evade. Very typical and predictable, very.
Because I know you're trying to keep bluffing, and it sort of works for some of the innocent slutz.
But it does not work at all for me from the very begging, because I know (or even you are telling me in every single post) that you are an incompetent.

You can not tell the truth, because it means loosing, You can not keep bluffing either, because you know that you can't,
You can not learn fundamentals of physics and take the challenge, even if you had some ability to learn something, because learning itself means loosing as well.
The only option you can take was, just do not answer this very clear and simple question.

You could be a community hero, if you had some basic knowledge, beating bastard new comer!
But the brutal honest truth is, there are absolutely no chance, What a shame, What a cul de sac.

If you could answer the above question, simply you can or you can't,
And if you could, which I Personally do not believe, let's solve the same problem in the same FE based method (both modal and steady), and compare the results.
I've met some interesting trolls on the internet over the years and decades, but few as brazen as Mr Ignorant here. He really takes the cake! The world's best bluffer and evader, for sure.

The last certain sign that a troll realizes he's been well and truly cornered by his own lies, with no way out, is this type of feeble but so obvious attempt to somehow turn the tables, and mirror what the other guy is doing. Like here...

Quote:
Do not answer, just trying to evade.
Yes you are! That part you got right. You refuse to answer, and continually evade...

He's clearly evading the challenge I set for him, since he has finally figured out that what he claims he can do is actually impossible, so instead of even attempting it, he tries to make it look like he never evaded anything, and that, in fact, he asked a question that I'm evading! He never did that, of course. He never asked any valid question at all, so there's no possible answer... yet now he's trying to say that we are evading his non-existent question... Cute!

Quote:
The only option you can take was, just do not answer this very clear and simple question.
What question would that be? You never asked one...

Quote:
You can not tell the truth, because it means loosing, You can not keep bluffing either, because you know that you can't
The truth has been told, and you bluffed big-time (and lost) with your claim that the modal response of a room can be used to predict SBIR, ITDG, comb filtering, and early reflections at the mix position. Of course, in real life, that is impossible, since none of those are related to modes in any way at all. Knowing the modal response of a room does NOT allow one to figure out the SBIR, LBIR, ITDG, comb filtering, or early reflections at the mix position, because there is no relationship at all. None. Not even a little bit. That's like saying that if you know just the air pressure in all five tires of a car, you can use that to predict what the size the engine is, what the color of the bodywork is, the capacity of the fuel tank, and what station the radio is tuned to...

On the other hand, I actually have asked a very simple question, based on the original claim that SBIR, LBIR, ITDG, comb filtering, and early reflections at the mix position, can all be predicted from the modal response alone.

He claims he can do that, yet refuses to do it... I wonder why?

Quote:
You could be a community hero, if you had some basic knowledge, beating bastard new comer!
The last four words of your statement is probably the only true thing you have said... so very true, in fact...

Quote:
If you could answer the above question,...
There is no "above question", except the one I asked. Which you seem to have missed, so I'll repeat it for your benefit, one more time:


You made the claim that you can do derive the SBIR, LBIR, ITDG, early reflection, and comb filtering predictions at the mix position for any room, by using only the predicted modal response of that room (and that of the objects in it).

That's your claim. Not mine.

You claimed that it is simple, and that anyone can do it, so now we are merely waiting for you to prove it.

The test case is this: A room measuring 11' x 9' x 8', with the mix position chair being a simple rectangular wooden box measuring 20" H x 19" W by 16", there is a simple desk consisting of one wooden plank 2" thick, 5ft long, and 3ft wide, 28" above the floor, resting on four 1" diameter solid steel legs, one at each corner, 4ft from the front wall and on the room center line. There is no other furniture in the room, and no Acoustic Treatment. No doors, no windows. Assume that the walls, floor and ceiling are all 1m thick concrete, to make it even easier for you. Standard temperature and pressure.

We are waiting....

(Of course your reaction is predictable: The one thing that is absolutely certain is that you will not predict any of the above, for the simple reason that is impossible to do so based on the modal response alone, which is what you claim.)

Quote:
let's solve the same problem in the same FE based method (both modal and steady), and compare the results.
By all means, do that! You keep on claiming that you can, but you never do put your money where your mouth is. You never have shown one single calculation related to how you can derive the SBIR, LBIR, ITDG, early reflection, and comb filtering predictions for the mix position for any room, by using only the predicted modal response of that room. So now is the time to remedy that, and show that what you claim is correct. What will the SBIR look like for that situation? And the LBIR? And the ITDG? And the early reflections? And the comb filtering from the desk?

That is what you said you cold predict, yet have repeatedly failed to do so. There's a lot of experts here who would be more than happy to check your results. All you have to do is recite your magical incantations, wave your wand, mix your potion, inhale deeply from your bong, and the answers should just pop right out!

After all, it is so simple, according to you. I really don't see why it is such a big deal! So just go ahead and do it. Or carry on evading, avoiding, bluffing, and obfuscating, like a good little troll...



- Stuart -

(PS. Anybody care to place some bets on him actually predicting any of the above? )
Old 4 weeks ago
  #35
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumsizeddog View Post
Anyone else find it odd that “Mr Ignorant” seems to have joined the forum yesterday just to have this argument? Anyway, thank you to those who gave advice, and sorry the thread got derailed.
Spot on. As soon as the gross interruption is gone, hopefully we can get your thread back on track, and try to help you get your room right. He should tire and give up soon: once a troll is fully exposed and backed into a corner, it usually screams and bitches a blathers in big red letters for a while, then eventually shuts up and quietly disappears.


- Stuart -
Old 4 weeks ago
  #36
Here for the gear
 

Example I showed, which you call "rather simple", was simple but not a rectangular room, there by the mode must be calculated by the FE based simulation.
On the FE simulation, angled wall, desk, chair, bay window, it does not matter at all because they are just an ordinary B.C., the simulator does not care.
The modes contains all effect from given B.C..
Again,

DO YOU REALLY CAN DO THIS "rather simple" SIMULATION? And, if you could, can I give you SOME BASIC PROBLEM?
ANSWER NEEDED, JUST SAY YES OR NO.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #37
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
the mode must be calculated by the FE based simulation.
That's not true. BEM works better, and faster. FEM is not the only way to do it. There is no "must" here.

Quote:
On the FE simulation, angled wall, desk, chair, bay window, it does not matter at all because they are just an ordinary B.C., the simulator does not care.
Cool! So go ahead and simulate all you want, using all your very best BC, then show us what the SBIR, LBIR, ITDG, early reflection, and comb filtering predictions for the mix position for that room, by using only the predicted modal response.

Quote:
The modes contains all effect from given B.C..
You keep on saying you can do it, even though it is impossible, so please do go ahead and show us. Model the very simple room I mentioned, in whatever way you want in your FEM simulator, then show us the predicted SBIR, LBIR, ITDG, early reflection, and comb filtering predictions for the mix position.

After all, you have told us countless times that you can do this very simply, so it should take you just a few minutes, I would imagine. I don't see why it can be talking you so long to figure it out! How can that be, when you said it was simple?

- Stuart -

(PS. REW does not use FEM or BEM in the Room Sim module, and it is not 3D, so I have no idea where you got that from! Yet another one of your numerous errors... )
Old 4 weeks ago
  #38
Here for the gear
 

AGAIN
DO YOU REALLY CAN DO THIS "rather simple" SIMULATION? And, if you could, can I give you SOME BASIC PROBLEM?
ANSWER NEEDED, JUST SAY YES OR NO.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #39
Lives for gear
 

Hehehe! As predicted, Mr Ignorant BuyMyBS, once again refuses to show that he actually can do magic tricks! Entirely expected. He seems to think that by screaming out irrelevant, inapplicable, unrelated blather in large red capital letters, he'll be able to distract attention from the fact that he refuses to show how he uses the modal response of a room to predict the SBIR, LBIR, ITDG, early reflection, and comb filtering predictions for the mix position, by using only the predicted modal response.

He made the claim, not me! Yet he refuses to actually demonstrate that he can do that. Which, of course, is physically impossible, since none of those depend on modal analysis in any way, form or fashion. He doesn't even know what those terms mean, so he hasn't even seen what is missing that makes any such "prediction" impossible...

So: cue yet another Big Red Tantrum Scream... Because that's all he has left now! He knows that he is unable to do what he claimed, so the only straw he can still clutch at is to try to distract, obfuscate, and throw tantrums, like the troll childish he clearly is.

Stay tuned for the Scream...

In 3...2...1...

- Stuart -
1
Share
Old 4 weeks ago
  #40
Here for the gear
 

Oh, he needs so many words for escape from this simple question. It tells all.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #41
Lives for gear
This was an interesting thread until post twelve.
After that it becomes an illustration of the need for thread moderation. A new poster (or disguised old poster, or bomb-throwing troll) sidetracks the thread with a combination of insults, audiobabble, rambling lengthy fill, and plenty of fresh bait with every new post. And a couple of well meaning and credible posters take the bait and try to educate and correct the “new poster”. Then we’re on this slow train to nowhere. Stop taking the bait.
4
Share
Old 4 weeks ago
  #42
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
... A new poster (or disguised old poster, or bomb-throwing troll) sidetracks the thread with a combination of insults, audiobabble, rambling lengthy fill, and plenty of fresh bait with every new post. And a couple of well meaning and credible posters take the bait and try to educate and correct the “new poster”. Then we’re on this slow train to nowhere. Stop taking the bait.
Yup. Probably good advice. Vaguely reminiscent of that McTwins guy, or whatever his name was, a few years ago. No point in continuing to flog a horse that died ages ago, and was probably of Trojan origin anyway...



- Stuart -
Old 4 weeks ago
  #43
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
This was an interesting thread until post twelve.
Ok, I should edit #12 to following, HA-HA

Whoa, everyone on this forum says basically the same thing, "BUY bass-trap! The seller is a GOOD guy and TRUSTABLE! blah blah blah".
And it was true! it's ABSOLUTELY HOPEFULL even in under 100 Hz!! LOOK AT THE SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT!
This thing is a bunch of GEM!!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #44
Lives for gear
1
Share
Old 4 weeks ago
  #45
Here for the gear
 

mmm... Answering YES or NO seems to be HARDUOUS for him.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #46
Moderator
 
Tim Farrant's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
This was an interesting thread until post twelve.
After that it becomes an illustration of the need for thread moderation. A new poster (or disguised old poster, or bomb-throwing troll) sidetracks the thread with a combination of insults, audiobabble, rambling lengthy fill, and plenty of fresh bait with every new post. And a couple of well meaning and credible posters take the bait and try to educate and correct the “new poster”. Then we’re on this slow train to nowhere. Stop taking the bait.
Yes, my apologies to the original poster that your thread has been hijacked, but this is going nowhere. Perhaps start a new thread, and we will keep a closer eye on it.

Tim
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
radlid / Studio Building / Acoustics
18
mistergreen / Studio Building / Acoustics
2
dft3670 / Studio Building / Acoustics
15
Mctwins / Studio Building / Acoustics
12
btroberts / Bass traps, acoustic panels, foam etc
89

Forum Jump
Forum Jump