The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
In the process of finishing my room with GIK help.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

In the process of finishing my room with GIK help.

I had built a bunch of traps and panels and had them up. Room was sounding pretty good but then, I decided I wanted new preamps. Well, having talked myself out of preamps because new monitors were actually the better next step, I realized that I probably should make sure my room was right before purchasing the monitors.

So, I began reading even more about acoustics and got a measurement mic and took some measurements with REW. It then dawned on me, why not send those files to someone who actually knows what they are looking at?

Enter GIK Acoustics and one of their designers, John Dykstra. I sent measurement data from 3 different listening positions. He also helped me see how to best arrange and finish out the room. I have some range limiting soffits headed my way. He also told me how to best use the the ones I had built and without his advice I would have just kept building full range traps and potentially sucked the life out of my room.

Sometimes it’s better to ask for help. Great experience so far. Here is a rough floorplan and some pics of my traps in their new spots New listening position will be facing the recessed window.
Attached Thumbnails
In the process of finishing my room with GIK help.-ca7c140f-5c04-4f3a-9dc6-84e4fb6fa44e.jpg   In the process of finishing my room with GIK help.-5f9ed544-762e-4d33-9687-6bcd9246aa76.jpg   In the process of finishing my room with GIK help.-be958b45-0baa-4d99-91dd-b3d5d59aece8.jpg   In the process of finishing my room with GIK help.-d5bc71a2-b535-45e6-b6f9-38667bcf6cd6.jpg  
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Can you share your .mdat?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search