The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Room (diagram inside) question about treatment and speaker placement
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

New Room (diagram inside) question about treatment and speaker placement

So I have been doing as much research as I have been able as I finish up construction on my new space. It is below ground with an unoccupied small apartment on top.

The room measures 25.5' wide by 13' wide. There is an 11' ceiling, which has R-30 covered by acoustic fabric.

Basically, I mainly do overdubs and once in a great while I'll do drums (but not enough to dedicate a ton of space to it).

Mostly I do vocals, guitars, bass and some keys or VI things.

Originally I was going to put my console against the left hand wall, but since many times I have people hanging out while I work putting it facing the room made more sense from a workflow perspective. Since I'm not working with a huge space I didn't want a small control room and a small live room but I did build a door out to a well ventilated closet for my console power supplies and tape machine. My console is pretty big (DDA Arena).

I am planning to do bass traps in the corners and I am building two acoustic fields diffusors based on 13 (which I was told is a good number for a rear wall) that will be between the bass traps. The diffusers are from Acoustic Fields' plans:

Acoustic Diffuser QD-13

Do I need anything on the front wall or side walls? I figured by moving my small monitors (KH-120) as close to a 1/3 into the room I may benefit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Anyone?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search