The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Speaker Stand Spikes -what is the real improvement? advise
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Question Speaker Stand Spikes -what is the real improvement? advise

Hi,

I have those great and heavy Sound Anchor Speaker Stands.

and I would like to put the spikes on them but that makes them so difficult to move if you consider they have speakers on top of the stands.

So I am using this leveling system that is way better than having all the base of the stand touching the floor but not as small as the tip of four spikes.

So do you guys consider the clarity with the spikes will be way better to consider the hassle that they will bring to move the stands with the speaker in order to find a good speaker placement?

I am not sure if what I think is correct but is not that now the spikes are the bolt itself? yes they are bigger than the spike tip.... but really how much better can be the difference in clarity??

Speaker Stand Spikes -what is the  real improvement? advise-screen-shot-2018-11-10-10.25.38-am.png

Speaker Stand Spikes -what is the  real improvement? advise-screen-shot-2018-11-10-10.13.51-am.png
Attached Thumbnails
Speaker Stand Spikes -what is the  real improvement? advise-screen-shot-2018-11-10-10.25.38-am.png   Speaker Stand Spikes -what is the  real improvement? advise-screen-shot-2018-11-10-10.13.51-am.png  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Spikes are used for stability, and to couple the stands to the floor. You still want to decouple the speaker from the stands
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Foi View Post
Spikes are used for stability, and to couple the stands to the floor. You still want to decouple the speaker from the stands
well I have those Isoacoustics Aluminum Decouplers Aperta for one pair of speakers and the others Soborthane Bumpers
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Then youre all set!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

@Jason Foi Thanks so much for your help
Old 1 week ago
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search