The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Acoustic Cloud Position -advise Studio Monitors
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Question Acoustic Cloud Position -advise

Hi,

Please I need some advise...

I want to put an acoustic cloud on my room/ listening position.

The ceiling goes progressively higher (Part of a old house roof).

So The front wall height is like 9Ft and progressively goes to the back wall to 14.5 FT

so I wonder if the Cloud should be parallel to the Ceiling (angled) or parallel to the Floor

where should I place it? should be from the front edge of the speaker ?

should the cloud cover my head or just cover all the area from the speaker before I seat?

Or should I prioritize the first reflection are corresponding t the side of the room??

How should be the height from the floor to the cloud? because if I flush mount the cloud with a gap of an inch or so the cloud will be very high....

Do you recommend a 2" or 4" cloud?

Thank u.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The bigger the better, cover the whole ceiling if you can with as thick of absorbtion as you can. As a minimum 4'x8'x1' cloud of semi rigid or fluffly fiber hanging between the speakers and mix position at first reflection point as low as you can comfortably hang it is best. Parallel to the floor is fine. The bigger the airgap the better.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Foi View Post
The bigger the better, cover the whole ceiling if you can with as thick of absorbtion as you can. As a minimum 4'x8'x1' cloud of semi rigid or fluffly fiber hanging between the speakers and mix position at first reflection point as low as you can comfortably hang it is best. Parallel to the floor is fine. The bigger the airgap the better.
so if it 2.5 FT over my head creating like a gap from the cloud to the ceiling of 2.5 Ft its OK?

I have a cloud that is 2" thick can I put on top of the cloud another 703 panels wrapped with a light fabric?

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

2.5' is good.
4" of 703 is ok, better than 2", not as good as other products, but you do what you gotta do i suppose.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Foi View Post
2.5' is good.
4" of 703 is ok, better than 2", not as good as other products, but you do what you gotta do i suppose.
which products do you suggest ..specially under 80hz

Thanks again.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak7 View Post
which products do you suggest ..specially under 80hz

Thanks again.
This is what oc703 @ 4" vs 12" of fluffy fiber looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Acoustic Cloud Position -advise-screenshot_20181108-220821_firefox.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thank you!!

so which Material do you recommend for Frequencies from 80hz and lower?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

For a hanging cloud like we're talking about, any fluffy fiber with a GFR of 5000
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search