The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Objects absortion
Old 30th October 2018
Here for the gear

Objects absortion

Hey ppl, I was wondering how can I find out the absortion level or acoustic characteristics of simple objects that exist in a house/room. Let me explain..

I have no budget for proper acoustic treatment so I am willing to optimize my room using staff that sits in my repository. For instance, I have parts of old sofas and furniture. Most of them use a PVC wood on the back, fluff inside and they are covered with leatherette. Moreover, many types of woods that I could cut and make diffusers, pillows etc.
Old 31st October 2018
Lives for gear

No budget whatsover? We all started somewhere with acoustics - use what you can and at least get started. If you plan it well you should be able to improve your studio as and when future funds allow without having to discard stuff you have previously invested in.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search