The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is it really worth the acoustic treatment? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Is it really worth the acoustic treatment?

Goodnight.

I would like to share a thought with all of you.

I am treating my room acoustically, and the truth is that doing things well requires interest, time and dedication. I love listening to music and I think it's time to enjoy it with the best quality.

While I am transforming my room some doubts arise. The fact is that people treat their rooms acoustically to mix, this is not exactly my case although I do not rule it out. I like to record the piano and now I have started playing with Omnisphere 2 and Nexus 2.
Mainly what I'm looking for is to enjoy music, correctly equalize different styles of music, use MIDI instruments, compose from time to time and have a faithful impression of music in general.
I understand that people buy HI-FI equipment to fully enjoy the musical sound, but they tend to be teams that exaggerate certain frequencies to enhance the "pleasure" of music. I do not get it. Are not we supposed to treat our rooms precisely because the "exaggeration" of certain frequencies is a bad practice?, Why do we insist on correcting the modes, the echoes and the resonances, if then the music tends to reproduce itself in teams that distort that sound specifically to increase the "pleasure"?
I want to believe that listening to the music as flat as possible is the best way to approach it, if not, then I think I've made a mistake wanting to treat my room.

I thought that recording studios used studio monitors and acoustic treatment not only to master, but also focused on finding the best sound quality.
If this is not the meaning of a home studio, then I was wrong.

In any case, these are the thoughts I wanted to share with you.

Doclad
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search