The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Room modes accuracy with angled ceiling
Old 13th July 2018
Here for the gear

Room modes accuracy with angled ceiling

Hi all,

Long time lurker here, I've recently moved into a house with a potentially great room for music making. The dimensions are:
4.76m L x 2.70 W x average of 2.77 H (2.34 at the short end, 3.2 on the high end).

I've identified the room modes using amroc and done a REW waterfall plot which shows the strongest modes (71HZ & 105Hz) more or less correlate with amroc's predictions.

From my reading, room modes are difficult to predict with angles however from my initial tests it seems that they were ballpark accurate.

As I'm planning on building pressure based absorbers, would it be 'safe' to carry on with trapping according to the pressure zones?

Many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Room modes accuracy with angled ceiling-empty-room.jpg  
Old 13th July 2018
Lives for gear

NJice work!

Use the waterfall results. That looks like ~53, 75 and 110 Hz.

To others reading his thread: by 200 Hz the pattern is fairly diffruse and porous absorption is the logical choice

Enjoy!

Andre

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search