The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to increase the reverberation time in an already treated room? Synchronisers/Clock Generators
Old 13th February 2018
Gear Guru

Uploads

Yup there are very helpful and educational people here. Fuzz Files will not upload here. So chose your most interesting measurement(s) and each one separately, Export Impulse Response. 24 Bit Wav.
DD

View most liked answer
Old 13th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neufneuf9 View Post
Excuse me for my late reply. I have a new born at home (my second little girl) and with all the trouble and work and sleepless nights..
Congratulations!
No need to apology. Looking forward for the wav files especially as your room design is quite different from the "usual" (superchunks in the corner)

All the best
Old 22nd February 2018
Here for the gear

measurements Fuzzmeasure

ok so i have uploaded the measurement before and after removal of the 150Hz acoustics elements. Please have a look.
Attached Files

Speaker Left before.wav (772.0 KB, 148 views)

Speaker Left after removal of 150Hz elements.wav (772.0 KB, 141 views)

Old 22nd February 2018
Gear Guru

REW

You can post the .mdat REW file directly here. If it is too large, over 10M afaik, just make a copy and delete all measurements except the two you want to show us.
DD
Old 23rd February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neufneuf9 View Post
ok so i have uploaded the measurement before and after removal of the 150Hz acoustics elements. Please have a look.
Measurements.
I imported your wav-files into REW.
Yes , Topt ”decay time” has increased a little between 200- 500 Hz. Pic 1 (Topt 1/3 oct overlay.)
Then some 1/1 octave filtered ETC’s . 125Hz to 2kHz
Early Reflections have changed. 2kHz looks like flutter now!?

Ake
Attached Thumbnails
How to increase the reverberation time in an already treated room?-topt-1-3-oct-ovly-jpg.jpg   How to increase the reverberation time in an already treated room?-125-hz-1-1-oct-ovly.jpg   How to increase the reverberation time in an already treated room?-250-hz-1-1-oct-ovly-jpg.jpg   How to increase the reverberation time in an already treated room?-500-hz-1-1-oct-ovly-jpg.jpg   How to increase the reverberation time in an already treated room?-1000-hz-1-1-oct-ovly-jpg.jpg  

How to increase the reverberation time in an already treated room?-2-khz-1-1-oct-ovly.jpg  
Old 12th April 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by akebrake View Post
Measurements.
I imported your wav-files into REW.
Yes , Topt ”decay time” has increased a little between 200- 500 Hz. Pic 1 (Topt 1/3 oct overlay.)
Then some 1/1 octave filtered ETC’s . 125Hz to 2kHz
Early Reflections have changed. 2kHz looks like flutter now!?

Ake
Hi well yeah there is a little flutter since we haven't put up any decent small broadband absorber on the walls. but now it is all up and we will be doing some more measurements!
All in all i am quite happy with the results.

furthermore we have installed a few Helmholtz resonator on the back (49Hz) and left and right (43Hz + 86Hz) side as well as in front (60+120Hz).

They have made a lot of listening after installing the Bass resonators and they noticed right away that the bass information is much more tighter than before.

Another problem i discovered was that the PMC's were not installed properly. they had all together a gap around the frame and where just standing loose.
I suggested to fix that issue and to properly fix the speakers as in sofit manner. so that the speaker do not have a physical connection to the walls. they used sylomer all around the speaker. now the speakers are not moving anymore and they notice a pretty huge difference. The bass was tighter the transient came very quick and sharp and highs where smooth. So i was very happy.
Another step was to remove the graphic eq that was in the analog chain before the speakers. After it was out of the signal path the speakers sounded like PMC and where freaking awesome.

So i am very happy. now they are building the room back together and are working since then everyday and are non stop listening to the new speakers ;-)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search