The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any NYC Studio Control Room Building Engineers? Studio Headphones
Old 19th January 2018
Here for the gear
Any NYC Studio Control Room Building Engineers?

Hi! I am looking to get a consultation with an engineer that could acoustically analyse my space. Someone who could recommend speaker placement, diffusion, bass traps, etc. I will pay for anyone's time.

Here is the background

Mixing/Recording Basement Studio

Let me know Bellow!
Old 19th January 2018
Gear Guru
Low Cost

Your Basement has a low ceiling, looks like ceramic tile floor, and you can hear footfall upstairs. Think about a carpet. Buy RealTraps or/and GIK products. I am pretty sure both companies will tell you where to place them, free. All of this will be reusable in your new space should that move happen. As a freelance engineer I have worked in all sorts of Pro, Semi Pro, Location, and Guerrilla, situations. There is a skill in learning the foibles and working around them. Headphones make one independent of such foibles. Few Control Rooms come near the accuracy and translation of a pair of HD650 Headphones driven well, with a 'Speaker translator' such as Canopener Studio.

DD
Old 20th January 2018
gwm
Gear Head

Try Troy Germano, John Storyk or Fran Manzella. Plan to spend some real $$$$
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search