The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Knauf with foil backing or no backing?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle P. Gushue View Post
Panels are looking nice, great work!
Thank you. The knauf Earthwool insulation board has a nice color. Almost don't want to cover it.
Old 1 week ago
I think the hardest decision is what color to go for in absorption fabric. Light colors make more space but I like that dark chocolate brown.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by avare View Post
Congratulations! It is not polythene covers, it is any material with mass.
Avare,

I'm realizing that I will only have space and mores so now, budget for 6" Safe N Sound ceiling cloud and for bass traps across the corners. I know you said 9" but I will have to add to it in the future. The corners and ceiling will have plenty of airspace behind the panels. Hope this doesn't drastically change how things will work out for now but its the best I can do.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDNOOB View Post
Avare,

I'm realizing that I will only have space and mores so now, budget for 6" Safe N Sound ceiling cloud and for bass traps across the corners. I know you said 9" but I will have to add to it in the future. The corners and ceiling will have plenty of airspace behind the panels. Hope this doesn't drastically change how things will work out for now but its the best I can do.
HUH? After over 513 posts you realize how much space have and are the recommendation to the initial reflection points first just ignored? Add what in the future? I think, you can afford right now to make absorbers 6" of SNS WITH A 3" airgap. If you are tight on budget why are you even considering building "bass traps?"
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
HUH? After over 513 posts you realize how much space have and are the recommendation to the initial reflection points first just ignored? Add what in the future? I think, you can afford right now to make absorbers 6" of SNS WITH A 3" airgap. If you are tight on budget why are you even considering building "bass traps?"
Yes after building the frames for the bass traps I realized the space is tighter than I thought. In the future I could add another 3" of Safe N Sound to the 6" to make it 9" as you recommended.

I'm don't think I ignored the reflection points. There is 4" Knauf Earthwool 4 feet wide on the side walls with 4" airgap.

I just put 6" Safe N Sound in the joist. There is about 6" airgap up there. Covering a 6' by 6' area above the mixing position.

In the future I could add another 3" of Safe N Sound to the 6" to make it 9" as you recommended.

O.k I'll go for that now.

Thank you Avare.

If you are tight on budget why are you even considering building "bass traps?"

I thought corner bass traps where needed. Thought it was Safe N Sound in the corners.

[/QUOTE]
Old 1 week ago
I put the 6” Safe N Sound up in the joist and covered it with fabric.
Attached Thumbnails
Knauf with foil backing or no backing?-85df0c0e-966d-4a24-bb23-d9bb2ad8eeb1.jpg   Knauf with foil backing or no backing?-56ce7396-c191-45f3-908d-1e1dc0aedce2.jpg   Knauf with foil backing or no backing?-5a63e815-725c-43f9-a00e-b38d8d07d039.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I put the 6” Safe N Sound up in the joist and covered it with fabric.
We are getting to the end result. How does it sound?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
We are getting to the end result. How does it sound?
I had to unplug everything and get it out of the way to do the ceiling but next week I should be able to do some measurements.
Thank you Avare
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I am certain that you are unintentionaly putting down his english skills. Like most people reading here, english is not his first language.

Sometimes people have to be led to the water. See the ending of post 5 and posts 6-9.

I forgot to link the thread. Here it is.

Could someone help out interpreting material's gas flow properties
Possibly, but "This thread is getting annoying. 17 pages about nothing." seems like native English. I apologize if I misunderstood what he meant by that.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caffrey View Post
Possibly, but "This thread is getting annoying. 17 pages about nothing." seems like native English. I apologize if I misunderstood what he meant by that.
Sorry to everyone that I have annoyed with this thread. It was not my intention.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry to everyone that I have annoyed with this thread. It was not my intention.
You have nothing to apologize for. We all have things we know and things we dont. Im proud of you for taking the time to learn what you needed to design your own space, and you should be proud of your acomplishments so far.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Foi View Post
You have nothing to apologize for. We all have things we know and things we dont. Im proud of you for taking the time to learn what you needed to design your own space, and you should be proud of your acomplishments so far.
+1
Old 1 week ago
πŸ˜·πŸ‘
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
πŸ˜·πŸ‘
How does your room sound?
Old 1 week ago
Thumbs up

Quote:
How does your room sound?
Been busy with family. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have time to get it set up again. Been debating with myself about SafeN Sound or Fabrock for the last section (corner absorption) the SNS is really fragile stuff. SNS is cheaper. I will probably have to put the fabric on the panels first if I’m using SNS before I measure again.

Last edited by OLDNOOB; 1 week ago at 05:12 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
What I mean is that when a new member is asking if he (always a he, never a she) should remove the backing of a piece of absorption he is pointed to this thread and has to read > 525 posts and still won't be sure .
Old 1 week ago
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert stoltenborg View Post
What I mean is that when a new member is asking if he (always a he, never a she) should remove the backing of a piece of absorption he is pointed to this thread and has to read > 525 posts and still won't be sure .
Yeah its a long thread. What's the answer? I thought Dan Dan answered that in the 2nd post?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah its a long thread. What's the answer? I thought Dan Dan answered that in the 2nd post?
Old 1 week ago
Smile

Quote:
Can't answers why there is no She on these threads.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can't answers why there is no She on these threads.
Women are way more clever than guys. :-)
Old 1 week ago
Smile

Quote:
Women are way more clever than guys. :-)
No scientific evidence needed. It is just truth
Old 5 days ago
Stapling fabric is a pain in the butt.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Stapling fabric is a pain in the butt.
Lol, i bought a pneumatic stapler for this
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Foi View Post
Lol, i bought a pneumatic stapler for this
Haahhaaa. The Terminator gun.πŸ‘πŸ˜·
Old 4 days ago
Taking longer than I thought putting fabric on panels
Attached Thumbnails
Knauf with foil backing or no backing?-ac3943c0-6d35-4f23-a58a-0e9a016fce08.jpg  
Old 4 days ago
Getting there.
Attached Thumbnails
Knauf with foil backing or no backing?-51f2f533-cc2e-463e-bb7c-223fe1c2042d.jpg  
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Looking good!
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Looking good!
Thanks Avare.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
I wasn't annoyed. I'd made a comment in response to the person who wrote that.
Old 23 hours ago
Quote:
I wasn't annoyed. I'd made a comment in response to the person who wrote that.
I understood that. I should have not used your quote and just made the statement as a reply. It’s all good. You have made lots of valuable suggestions and I can sense everything you suggested has been to help me get to a good place with my project and I very much appreciate all of your suggestion.
πŸ“ Reply