The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Desk mount monitor stand
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Desk mount monitor stand

Does anybody know of a solution to getting my computer monitor off my desk and away from me, in order to have it in between my studio monitors, versus where it is now (see pic), which is slightly in front of the monitors and too close to my eyes.

Ideally I would like something that runs horizontal away from my desk.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Desk mount monitor stand-image1-1-.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Hi!

(My first post )

I use an Ikea Rast bedside table turned on its end behind my desk. Depending on the height of your desk it fits perfect.

Last edited by shookcoda; 3 days ago at 10:24 AM..
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Only screw a second plate under your table to extend the table-plate.
If it tends to topple over backwards, use additional table legs.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

I had the same problem and now i use this one. And I'm about to buy one more for a side monitor mounted on my rack.

https://www.thomann.de/gr/gravity_sa...f=search_prv_8

I did a big search when I was looking for an arm like this and the Gravity was the best value for money. It is stable, gives the opportunity for various placements and it can be mounted on a desk with 2 different ways. And of course cable management because hanging cables are ugly.

Hope it helps!
Old 5 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurotic18 View Post
I had the same problem and now i use this one. And I'm about to buy one more for a side monitor mounted on my rack.

https://www.thomann.de/gr/gravity_sa...f=search_prv_8

I did a big search when I was looking for an arm like this and the Gravity was the best value for money. It is stable, gives the opportunity for various placements and it can be mounted on a desk with 2 different ways. And of course cable management because hanging cables are ugly.

Hope it helps!
Thanks! How big is your monitor, and will this mount allow you monitor to swivel deeper (away from the desk), so as to position it in between your speakers? Thanks
Old 5 hours ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass assassins View Post
Thanks! How big is your monitor, and will this mount allow you monitor to swivel deeper (away from the desk), so as to position it in between your speakers? Thanks
My monitor is 23". It's ok for my workflow. I'm going to purchase one more for metering, mixbus, etc. but not in front of me as this one.

Looking to your desk I think you can place the Gravity arm and have it as you said.

Here is a photo of mine. I have the mount base through my desk, but it comes with an adaptor for mounting on the side of the desk, too.
Attached Thumbnails
Desk mount monitor stand-img_20171017_234649.jpg  
Old 2 hours ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurotic18 View Post
My monitor is 23". It's ok for my workflow. I'm going to purchase one more for metering, mixbus, etc. but not in front of me as this one.

Looking to your desk I think you can place the Gravity arm and have it as you said.

Here is a photo of mine. I have the mount base through my desk, but it comes with an adaptor for mounting on the side of the desk, too.
See your desk extends in between your monitors, so even when the computer monitor is flush with the edge of your desk, as yours appears to be, it's still safely in between the monitors. I need a mount that allows the computer screen to extemd further away from the desk.. I'm at the point now where I don't think these mounts exist, because maybe that would cause the desk to topple over or break..

Last edited by ass assassins; 2 hours ago at 12:11 AM.. Reason: ...
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search