The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cable Management
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Cable Management

Man these cables that are accumulating under my desk are an eye sore. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

I have all my cables plugged into a surge protector.

Advice is appreciated!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

First get, for example, ty wraps that are found on bread loaf bags. Use two to hold each cable's excess in a loop. Then cables can be freed or changed without any tools.

Second, get nylon hooks (best but more expensive are Command from 3M). Use those hooks to hang cable loops on a wall. Now a vacuum can clean dust balls that would otherwise collect in piles of cables.

Depending on a setup, those nylon hooks can be attached to the back of a vanity skirt or behind drawers of a desk. Then cable loops are also out of sight.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

A life-jacket to prevent drowning in your own cables. And a helmet to prevent injuries when you stumble over them.

There are studio desks where you can hide all of your cable mess. But just use plastic strips, or wrap something around them.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Whacky idea no. 217: Do you know anyone whose vacuum cleaner is about to pack up? When it does, ask them for the hose, slice it open and hey presto, a free conduit for a mass of cables.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search