The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
High pitch noise with all mics
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

High pitch noise with all mics

Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
The link says the video has been removed but my guess is a ground loop picking up noise from the power supply in your computer. Use balanced cables and don't bypass the ground when plugging gear into the wall or don't use an outlet without a ground.

Last edited by inestima; 1 week ago at 05:55 PM.. Reason: misspell
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I updated the link, now it works.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I am using extention cables, lots of cables inside. How to figure out wether something has ground?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

My computer gets fired by 2 different jacks. I guess that is what is causing it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
The broken English and vapid monologue made it impossible to listen for very long, but the only issues I hear are plosives.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

no it has distortions as well.

And what popfilter do u sugguest, can I use a windshield?
I like windshield a lot more because they are small. But I heard it distorts the high frequencies.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Back away from the mic. I'm hearing mostly plosives and sibilance issues, also occasionally some distortion. Backing up will help, sometimes only a few inches. You'll get a more natural sound that way.

Of course, backing up can introduce other problems, especially if your room is not acoustically treated.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Ok I can do that, but do I need a popfilter?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

well I guess I don't even need a pop filter anymore. Increasing the distance between me and the mic helped a lot!
I really thought if I get that far from my mic the recording will sound ****ty like it did before when I still used my USB mic. But to me it sounds even better and as if my room was treated, no!? I guess I'd get an even better sound with room treatment, but I'm astonished how good it already sounds, and this with an only 73$ mic.

https://soundcloud.com/user8269633/wow

Room isn't even treated.

What do you think?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plautus View Post
Room isn't even treated.

What do you think?
Put treating your room on your list of things to do.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

The distortion is still there!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

That short clip definitely sounds better. I didn't notice any glaring distortion in the clip, but if you are still experiencing it then either back off some more, turn down the mic preamp gain, or both.

And yes, treating your room will help a lot.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I also lose quality when I put the wave file from Audacity to Sony vegas and then create the video. The afterwards audio is pretty bad, althouhg I set sound quality on high on vegas.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Ok now I figured out what messed up the quality of my sound: Handbrake, a program to decrease file size.
Sony vegas wasn't the issue here.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I solved the quality issue. Now m,y videos have high quality sound.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

ok actually Handbrake still ****s up my sound.
Ok I think I now fixed it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

still messes up my sound!!!!
My recording loses all the good bass after compression
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

That is what lossy compression does to save so much data space: it gets rid of what it thinks you will not notice, including bass and highs and what it deems to be background noises. If Handbrake will allow you to have a less compressed track try that, eg. a 256kbps MP3 file will have fewer data deleted than a 128kbps MP3 file.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I think it sounds OK now.
#I changed "Dolby Pro Logic" to "Stereo" in Handbreak audio output, just like it is set in Sony Vegas.

That solved it, I think. It sounds clean now.
But I still have grounding issues.

The distortion caused by the grounding issue might not be noticable to you, but I can hear it slightly and I want to fix it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R05tEVCCbOI
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Handbrake is still ruining my audio quality!!!!
Is there a program that decreases file size but doesn't destroy the good audio!?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

This is the room acoustics forum; you would probably get more help by posting this in a more appropriate forum.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search