The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Studio room question
Old 18th July 2016
Gear Maniac

Studio room question

We're moving for a year or so, then will be coming back home. But while we're away this is the room I get to put my studio in. The shot isn't very good sorry about that, but as best I know those angled eves don't go the whole length of the room. The wall opposite the window is flat, the eves don't reach that far. I'm wondering a couple of things

1) Do you think this room will suit for writing/mixing etc. I do most everything in the box, work with sampled instruments etc.

2) Would having the desk be better at the window end of the room, or the opposite wall? Aside from the point that it's nicer to look out a window of course.
Old 19th July 2016
Gear Maniac

It's hard to say, since the room is invisible.

You would be better off by simply doing a drawing (to scale) with dimensions clearly marked.
Old 19th July 2016
Gear Maniac

I'll be there in a couple weeks and can put up more info. As far as I know the room is fairly rectangular (bad, I know) except for those sloping walls from the eves of the roof above the room, which I'm hoping will mitigate the squareness.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search