The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
MyRoom Acoustic Design Mark II
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Nut

It is with a very heavy heart that I must inform the Gearslutz community that fellow member Bogic Petrovic aka Boggy suddenly passed away from a heart attack.
All my condolences and thoughts goes to family and friends, I was lucky to call myself one of his and to be honest, I cannot describe how sad I am.
I liked him a lot and had a lot of respect for him as a person and genius Acoustician.
May he now rest in peace and I hope he is now with his beloved wife Zorica.

You are now one star in the sky my friend.
Old 9th September 2019
Gear Addict

That was sad news, very sad. I cannot find the right words but as one of those very helpful and unselfish persons he will be very much missed.
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear

Thank you for letting us know.
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear
Very sad news. :'(

Sincere condoleances.
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear

Wow! That is very sad, and tragic.
Old 9th September 2019
500 series nutjob

:(
Sincere condoleances.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

He is grreat.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Rest in peace, Boggy. Thank you for always sharing your knowledge and passion with the world. You will be missed.
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Farewell, Boggy

Boggy truly liked this forum.
He was constantly telling me to participate and that GS acoustics forum was "the best place, with great professionals and high level topics".

A tremendous loss not only for GS but for the entire field of acoustics and electroacoustics... no question!
I will always remember him as a motivator and a very generous man to whom there was "no secrets".

Last edited by Mauricio Gargel; 10th September 2019 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 10th September 2019
Sad news. I was just getting to know of his work, sounds like we lost a great one.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

It's very saddening to hear that this very talented and kind man has passed away. He has been inspirational to me in both his work and attitude.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Sad news. I didn't know him personally but recently read a lot of great postings all made by Boggy.
Great guy.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear
So sad to hear this, and I send my sincere condolences to his loved ones. It just makes you realize how precious life is, and how short our time on this planet is.

RIP Boggy !
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Addict

RIP Boggy....
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Learnt a lot from his posts. He will be missed.

RIP Boggy and condolences to his friends and family.
Old 10th September 2019
Gear Maniac

R.I.P. Bogic.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Bad news. I hope your heirs keep and spread their work. Your room concept is revolutionary, hopefully someone will continue on their way. RIP
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Oh that’s sad news.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear
Good bye Boggy, one of the suns of GS.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

One of my real heroes in this Forum! Always willing to share and help. Take a look at FB!
What a loss!

R.I.P Bogic

Sincere condoleances
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Long-time forum member here, DanDan, has asked me to post the following message here, (since he is no longer permitted to post here himself):

Quote:
"It is with a sad heart and a real tear in my eye that I note the sudden passing of Boggy. A creator at the level of a Putnam, or Les Paul, or George Neumann IMO, his unique work will become part of normality in years to come. He shared his professorial knowledge gently and generously. I am so sad today.

DanDan"
He also asked me to post this photo of Boggy that he sent me:
Attached Thumbnails
MyRoom Acoustic Design Mark II-boggy.jpg  
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Unhappy

So sad news ... Rest in peace Boggy

Ciro

Last edited by ciro; 10th September 2019 at 08:22 PM..
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman2020 View Post
Long-time forum member here, DanDan, has asked me to post the following message here, (since he is no longer permitted to post here himself):

He also asked me to post this photo of Boggy that he sent me:
Thank you.
Old 10th September 2019

Only seeing this now. Very sad indeed. I had a few nice chats years ago with Boggy and liked his work. He was clever and above all came across as a very kind human being.

I sincerely hope the company can keep going and keep the development of his ideas.

RIP and condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Addict

Very sad
Old 12th September 2019
Lives for gear

Goodbye to a Friend

I got to know Boggy here on Gearslutz some years ago and soon we had long chats on Skype talking acoustics. In 2015 I finally traveled to Belgrade to meet him in person. He gave me a two days ride around Serbia to visit a bunch of studios he had built and was proud of for sure. We had a good time spinning ideas and I enjoyed great Serbian hospitality. In 2017 we met again in Slovenia while he finished work on another MRAD2 studio. I have the greatest respect for his work on room acoustics as well as his approach as a human being ... feeling very sad that he passed away ... may I share a personal photo of him:
Attached Thumbnails
MyRoom Acoustic Design Mark II-_dsc2583.jpg  
Old 13th September 2019
EOG
Here for the gear
I have been lurking on and off on gs for years and decided to join today. Only to find out that the main reason to join has passed away.
Thank you Boggy, for all the helpfull posts und great advice!
Old 15th September 2019
Here for the gear

Goodbye Boggy

Like many, I followed Bogic Petrovic through these pages, for years.

Technically brilliant and having deep insight, genuinely kind and tireless in his commitment to helping others, he never disdained of those who knew less than he. Even when accosted occasionally by a few, he responded with evenness and good will. He always lifted us up.

The highest honour we could pay him would be not only to model the genius of his acoustic designs, but to emulate his heartfelt humanness as best we can.

You did not know me Boggy, but I knew you. And I will miss you, sorrowfully, for quite some time.

Wayne Rose

Last edited by MellowDios; 15th September 2019 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Very, very sad news, which makes me post for the first time here. Just two weeks ago I had a very nice chat with Boggy about the room I am building now. Then I sent him for analysis all the plans and descriptions and was waiting for his feedback, which very unfortunately will never come... I hope you are on a better place now, Boggy.
My condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Only just found out today on FB. RIP Boggy. An inspiration and guide on GS and beyond for helping me build my own little studio.

Makes me realise that I should post more and say thanks when I've found something useful even if I've not asked any questions. So much info is available on here and other platforms that it's easy to overlook the vast time and effort people put into helping others on their own quest.

Northward Acoustics and Boggy were massive inspirations (amongst many others) to me building my room so thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge for everyone's benefit.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search