The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Professional Magnetic Tape Recorder

Discussions

Anamod ATS-1 vs. Slate Digital VTM

How about you decide since I'm obviously biased. Here's a drum loop: www.stevenslate.com/tape/Original.wav One of these Howie loaded onto his Studer A80, and the other, we matched the settings with the VTM. Does one sound "real" and the other a "plugin"? www.stevenslate.com/tape/Tape1.wav www.stevenslate.com/tape/Tape2.wav We spent over a year making this algorithm with the help of...

View Post

Acustica Audio releases TAUPE: "The king of sample-based analog tape plugins"

...I find that the 30ips of the 90210 is nice. In a lot of records I 've noticed that the studer a800 and a827 were the most used with the ampex 499 and 456 tape. Revox a77 & more expensive a700 were used by semi-pro and sometimes pro with the a77 (for the portability). I find very...

View Post

Impressed by Slate Digital VTM (virtual tape machines)

...still got the VTM. The biggest problem is, that you can 't compare different tape machines 1:1. A modern Studer A80 is a complete other thing like an old J37 as used in the 60th and 70th in the Abbey Road studios. The Kramer MPX is emulating even an older machine from the 50ths....

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?