The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Magnetic Monster. This effects pedaldelivers the sound and feel of our favorite tape echo machines. In the development, the focus was on capturing the warm, saturated, distinctive qualities of tape echo machines, cumulating in the dTape™ technology. El Capistan has a SHARK DSP to be able to perform the necessary calculations. features

• Faithful replica of a real tape echo
  • With Time control, Mix control, Tape control, Repeat control, Wow and Flutter control, Tap and Bypass Switch
  • 24 Bit / 96 kHz digital converters with 115 dB SNR
  • Metal housing
  • Incl. 9V power supply

Discussions

Roland Boutique - Three new Roland synth products??

Well Kid.. Just had a look at your studio, and noticed you've got a Strymon El Capistan. Guess what.. there's NO TAPE in there!!. Not a single inch of it. It's ALL DIGITAL, an emulation running on CHIPS. It's only pretending to be tape, through a clever emulation! Which is not unlike the boutique synths. See,...

View Post

Is it ok to sell my classic tape echo (and replace with digital delays?)

... Had both an RE-201 and RE-150 for a while but eventually sold them both and had a Strymon el Capistan to replace them. I did miss the RE-201 mojo, though that particular 201 was slowly becoming more trouble than it was worth. Over time though I've since gone away from...

View Post

Building a Prophet setup

...making a decision Yeah, adding some outboard fx in the long run is always better. I have the Big Sky and El Capistan, they really add to a synth. Also a BBD-chip chorus pedal can liven up any modern synth tone a treat.

View Post

Video Guides