The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

You want over 1,000 sounds? You want 12GB of goodness to explore? You want it all with awesome quality, created by serious audio GENIUSES (you know, the guys who made the MOTIF? Those guys)? Okay, well, you need to grab Steinberg's HALion Sonic. This sampler is beefed out with awesome instrument sounds - everything from acoustic/electronic beats, synth soundscapes... acoustic instruments... just the quality goods that every musician and recording guy or gal wants and needs. Easy enough? Then it's done. Check out Steinberg's HALion Sonic. Features - Easy-to-use yet powerful premier music and production workstation for synthesized sounds and breathtaking recreation of acoustic instruments Outstanding library including over 1,400 instrument sounds created by top sound experts at Steinberg and Yamaha Powerful multi-timbral VST 3 audio-engine with 4 different modes - disk-streaming sample playback, highend virtual analog synthesis, dedicated sliced-loop and drum mode Unique morphing filters seamlessly blend between up to 4 of 24 filter shapes

Discussions

Komplete 8 has made me appreciate HalionSonic

...ensure backward-compatibility for longtime users, but all in all I am not as impressed as I thought I'd be. I've had HalionSonic for about a year now, and although I didn't dig it much at first, I have begun to change my mind. It compares very well to Kontakt 5, so much so that I...

View Post

Opinions on DAW Market

I use Reaper and, frankly, it's flawless for my uses. I'm in the box so any issues with control surfaces or the implementation of hardware effects, which are it's weaknesses apparently, don't apply to me at all. I've had the basic $50 licence for over 5 years and have had countless free upgrades and...

View Post

Studio One 4 vs Cubase 10

One thing not mention about Cubase is their parent company Yamaha. They have assisted in making the Cubase stronger with Yamaha motif sounds in Halion Sonic for one, and improving other things with the program. kfhkh

View Post