The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase 8: boy do I feel duped!
Old 29th July 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
Many features which are added in Pro base on license costs they are paying themselves. Also, many artists do NOT need it. Added to that, "Artist" is a tag they gave the entry level version, although it is not just for artists.

As a side note: I don't think many people will take your comments on Steinberg products serious if you use a tag like that, it only shows you are on a mission.

Artist is the mid level version. The entry level version is called Elements.

There's at least one more level below Elements called LE AI that's included free with some Yamaha/Steinberg hardware.

Just sayin'.....
Old 30th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by attaboy_jhb View Post
I am a fool for not checking this properly but I cannot believe Cubase Artist 8 does not have Variaudio and instead some karioke sounding plugin for pitch correction. What makes Steinberg think an "artist" would not need decent pitch correction tools for his or her music? This is not a "commercial" requirement, but a personal one and am really dissapointed that it is not included. Can you purchase it separately? Any one else find this to be a bit of a dissapointment?
You should feel duped by whatever school you went to as they didnt teach you how to read. The website clearly lists what each version has.

Buy melodyne and move on.
📝 Reply