The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nuendo 6.5 just released DAW Software
Old 23rd July 2014
Nuendo 6.5 just released

Saw that it was just released
Old 23rd July 2014
Deleted #297939
Yep. But I won't be the first man out this time ;-)
Old 23rd July 2014
Gear Maniac

... apparently at the same level as C7.5.20 as far as comparable.

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

oh well,
Rhino
Old 23rd July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaRhino View Post
... apparently at the same level as C7.5.20 as far as comparable.

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades.

oh well,
Rhino
Except that it does stuff Cubase can't.
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getalife2 View Post
Old 24th July 2014
Deleted #297939
Quote:
And NOT At least without NEK
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Maniac

First: these idiotic comments of the kids here should be overlooked.

A great Update 6.5 for Nuendo users!

N 6.5 is very stable here.

I really enjoy...

- Automated Loudness processing to both industry standards such as EBU R128 and fully user-definable settings

- ADR Taker 2.0 introduces a major update of Nuendo’s ADR taker system with enhancements for voice and foley recording such as new playback/recording modes, automated naming schemes and pre-record buffer

- Improved AAF Filter now supports even better import/export to Pro Tools and Media Composer

e.g.

Have a look - ADR Taker 2.0 :

Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshifter View Post
- Automated Loudness processing to both industry standards such as EBU R128 and fully user-definable settings
The only thing about that is that if you have to deliver stems that sum to full mix it's useless.

The other added features are very good. Just wish they'd revert to the old GUI for the Control Room. But they're too stubborn to admit when they made a crappy decision.
Old 24th July 2014
Gear Maniac

N 6.5 actually runs more efficient then running the same session in N6. Nice!

It's also nice to have something (the new algorithmic reverb Revelation) in the space between Roomworks and REVerence. For most Post-Jobs I keep using Altiverb 7 or Reverence.

Track Versions comes from Cubase 7.5, it´s very useful:

Old 24th July 2014
Anyone know if there is a limited period of time that you get to download non boxed versions? I bought a download only upgrade from 6.0+NEK to 6.5+NEK and wonder if i should back this up in 4 places??
Though im pretty happy with the 130 US price.. i was expecting like 300 for the 6.5+NEK update.
Glad i was wrong.

Last edited by ataylor; 24th July 2014 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: add more info
Old 24th July 2014
Stable here I can feel it working great better then before.
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

hey guys, just watching the video above … do you feel that the Track Versions feature is similar to Playlists in Pro tools ? thank you john
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
hey guys, just watching the video above … do you feel that the Track Versions feature is similar to Playlists in Pro tools ? thank you john
Looks like it to me. If they could just get the groups and VCAs going it'd be a close to perfect app in my opinion.
Old 24th July 2014
Lives for gear

I agree Groups and VCA's would be nice … i am mulling over the upgrade to 6.5 … really looking for stability and it seems some are having a good experience so far ..

thai you john
Old 24th July 2014
I am on 10.10 Yosemite. As part of official Apple Dev. Group. Now the public beta just dropped today. I had been running Nuendo 6.0.7 on that just fine since it was already installed prior to the update from 10.9 to 10.10.
NOTE: the new installers I downloaded and also suspect the physical media installers also might not like 10.10 yet either.
Here is Steinberg's official word on this subject: Detailview
Since that helper application works for everything but Nuendo it seems at the moment...

I did figure out a way to trick the installers so I could install and test.
NOTE: DO this at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This totally worked for me but your millage may vary as it were.
Step 1 - Download the installer or have them ready on your new shiny 6.5 media.
Step 2 - This requires that you change your OSX version # so that the installers think they are installing onto a 10.9 system See the site below:
Tutorial: Change the OS X Version by modifying systemversion.plist

Step 3 - Install both Nuendo 6.5 and NEK if you have it.
Step 4 - Change system version back to 10.10
Step 5 - Use disk utility to repair permissions. NOTE Nuendo 6.5 crashed until I did this last step.
Here is how to do that
Using Disk Utility to Repair Permissions

Step 6 - Reboot after repair permissions is done.
Step 7 - Open Nuendo 6.5 update your plugin list and enjoy.

ONE MORE THING as Steve would say. YES YES I know its beta... yes yes i know don't trust it without having full backups and preferably on a cloned drive. That way if something goes wrong swap the 10.9 drive back in and continue working where you left off. As always.. be prepared. If your a beta tester your quite used to having multiple system backups and ways to revert back if needed. ENJOY.. SO far so good for me.

SO far the interface oddly looks a bit more like cubase now. It has more lines and bolder elements then 6x did. Area's of the interface seem more refined and framed out.
Old 25th July 2014
Guess i spoke too soon. Got some crashing going on.. Looks as if its the open GL driver or something. Seems to happen just as it tries to load the new Steinberg hub
Old 25th July 2014
Deleted #297939
Since when did they remove posts in here without a notice?
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

iBM, did you write something off color ? or maybe your post never went through ? i have been watching this thread and did not see a post show up form you ..
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

"automatic detection of waveform transients for skipping between transient peaks add to the many workflow optimizations" - would this be considered like Tab to Transient ??? that would be cool to have in Nuendo ..
Old 25th July 2014
Deleted #297939
Quote:
iBM, did you write something off color ? or maybe your post never went through ? i have been watching this thread and did not see a post show up form you ..
Most likely never went through.

A bit lenghty, not to long. Lost momentum, didn't care to start over
Old 25th July 2014
I was able to get into 6.5 then disable the hub.. seems to come up fine for the moment.. I was having some random system locks up but that could just be 10.10's issue with audio drivers or something.
But the startup bug appears to have to do with HUB!
Old 26th July 2014
Im getting these over and over in console... sadly
eventually the system locks up.

7/26/14 3:38:35.637 AM Nuendo 6.5[582]: Error: this application, or a library it uses, has passed an invalid numeric value (NaN, or not-a-number) to CoreGraphics API. This is a serious error and contributes to an overall degradation of system stability and reliability. This notice is a courtesy: please fix this problem. It will become a fatal error in an upcoming update.

The full crash log is this:
http://adriaantaylor.com/files/nuendo65crash1010.rtf
Old 27th July 2014
Lives for gear

This is upgrading to 6.5 and then upgrading to Yosemite. I have not seen anyone chime in that has used the Steinberg Installer patch. Curious if this happens installing that way.
Old 27th July 2014
Nuendo 6.5

The installer helper is missing nuendo builds from its list. Had to trick the installer. I think the bug is more to do with something about 10.10 and a few components trying to connect to graphic drivers. The nvidia kext seems involved in the crash reports

Quote:
This is upgrading to 6.5 and then upgrading to Yosemite. I have not seen anyone chime in that has used the Steinberg Installer patch. Curious if this happens installing that way.
Old 27th July 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjadams View Post
The installer helper is missing nuendo builds from its list. Had to trick the installer. I think the bug is more to do with something about 10.10 and a few components trying to connect to graphic drivers. The nvidia kext seems involved in the crash reports
I think you may confusing some people by attempting to install this on Yosemite beta without the Steinberg updated installer. There is simply no way to determine where the fault lies in a beta OS and without the correct installer for Nuendo 6.5, which I'm sure is coming soon. Given that 6.5 was only released 4 days ago, maybe a few more days to get the correct installer before diving in?

Just a thought.
Old 27th July 2014
Actually you can easily check the installer Plist file inside the installer helper bundle, and see which programs are listed.. Nuendo simply is NOT in the installer helper list at all.
Most cubase stuff is as well as the trials and some of the synths but not Nuendo at all.
See this thread for the discussion on the installer helper. Last i checked nuendo wasn't in it's list.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/cubas...te-update.html
Hopefully they will update that soon.

Quote:
I think you may confusing some people by attempting to install this on Yosemite beta without the Steinberg updated installer. There is simply no way to determine where the fault lies in a beta OS and without the correct installer for Nuendo 6.5, which I'm sure is coming soon. Given that 6.5 was only released 4 days ago, maybe a few more days to get the correct installer before diving in?

Just a thought.
Old 29th July 2014
Lives for gear

anyone else take the Plunge yet ?
Old 29th July 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
anyone else take the Plunge yet ?
Must admit I did even though I hadn't planned on it but it was cheap. It's great so far. Feels the same as Cubase 7.5 in terms of stability and workflow.
Old 30th July 2014
Gear Head

Here's another Steinberg's video about Nuendo's 6.5 new tools like bass manager, track versions, project browser, etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3-T...RD-JaKzb5wKDdQ

Very cool stuff.

(sorry, I couldn't find out how to make a video preview with the link...)
Old 30th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Feels the same as Cubase 7.5 in terms of stability and workflow.
is this a good thing ?? or a bad thing ??

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search