The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nuendo 6.5 just released DAW Software
Old 30th July 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
is this a good thing ?? or a bad thing ??

Good for the most part. These have been the most stable Steinberg releases ever, at least for me. Workflow issues may vary for people but for the most part I love the new mixer and features outside some annoying things.
Old 30th July 2014
Lives for gear

thank you Animus ..
Old 30th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Good for the most part. These have been the most stable Steinberg releases ever, at least for me. Workflow issues may vary for people but for the most part I love the new mixer and features outside some annoying things.
Have they fixed the issue with the button in the channel insert slots (looking like an "on/off" icon but doing both "on/off" and "bypass")? This at least the case in the inspector.
Old 31st July 2014
Gear Maniac

I've had no problems here.. Great update!!

There are one or two little things that'll be fixed with the next update patch (true peak resets in the loudness meters when you stop, etc..)

but, no crashes.

Been working on a track heavy movie with tons of processing since N6.5.2 came out. Stable and more efficient.

W8.1 here..

Cheers,
Robin
Old 31st July 2014
Lives for gear

Are any of you fine folks having good results w 6.5 on Mac?
If, so which OS are you on,
64 or 32 bit, buffers etc ?

Been on 5.5 & 10.6.8 for quite a while due to stability & paranoia..for better or worse.
Appreciate any insights.
Old 31st July 2014
I must say i love it. Its faster then 6.0.X and the loudness normalization on export is brilliant. Seeems to work quite well. Love track versions too. its like playing with multiple arranger tracks a bit least the way im using it to shuffle things around. Had to run it in 32 bit mode on Yosemite 10.10.. still bugs there with 10.10.. but hell its beta.. I can always drop back to 10.9. Always make backups.. then you can play and test all you want. I just clone my HD and put 10.9 on the shelf. Since my work is done on the raid..jsut swap the disk. All in all.. Brilliant Steinberg. Supposedly a 10.10 installer is on the way with an updated installer helper app.
Old 1st August 2014
Lives for gear

Be aware that the new automatic hit point detection is on as default in 6.5. This caused me to get crazy long save times until I realized what caused it and turned it off.
For large post uses the hit point detection implementation is not very good.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search