The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubendo > S-1 > Reaper DAW Software
Old 20th July 2014
  #31
Lives for gear
 

But true. I've cleared up and talked about the very questionable nature of some things on that list and the other similar list that's been floating around here for months a couple of times already but they're all still there. I also (previously) talked about how such lists that go full blast con only one way, but never seem to list any con at all about the other thing are pretty obviously not intended to add anything positive or informative to a discussion. If it was, there would be a balance of pros and cons from both.

I also talked about how almost any daw fan can make a list of "No x" stuff from all the things that are mostly near exclusive to that particular product in the market, which is mostly meaningless. I mean, a Reaper guy might say "No Mix Snapshots", "No Multitrack Templates", "No API", "No Mouse Modifiers", into near infinity, listing (only) all the things it does that Cubase can't. What does that really mean? Not much with no context, but it can make a really, really long propaganda list if you keep going while assuming the entire universe actually needs or even wants those things.

But no reasonable adult should care too much about such things, and i don't. The net is what it is.

Lists are easy. Having a reasonable and productive discussion with minimal bias, not so much.

Thanks N.
Old 20th July 2014
  #32
Deleted #297939
Guest
Someone got to check their facts. It took me 10 seconds to find 10-12 wrongs in Nightshifter's post (without thinking very hard).

Please don't lie about missing/bad/not working kind of things. Please list what you don't like, but DON'T LIE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested in Studio One, please not read to much into what he says. Please try it our for your self.
Go ask questions in the Studio One forum (nice vibe over there).

I am not against some minuses on the Studio One side (and Reaper's), if the issues mentioned is true.
Actually I were about to post one minus, in the plus/minus list style agreeing to the OP's list on top.

But now that this thread has been destroyed, I won't.

This actually have turned out to be a thread you can expect on the Cubase forum.
Old 20th July 2014
  #33
Deleted #297939
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Lists are easy. Having a reasonable and productive discussion with minimal bias, not so much.

Thanks N.
But the worst part is that many things on Night..... list is simply NOT TRUE.

But I won't spend one minute to comment on such an unserious list.

PS. PreSonus has bought Notion, so a good scoring/notation app they have. PreSonus may as well incorporate Notation 5 in the next major version of Studio One Pro.
Old 20th July 2014
  #34
Gear Maniac
 
jjeffers's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apartment dog View Post
That's a pity since there are a lot of very nice looking UI's.
I use JanneUniverse 2014 and also like WT Dead Ringer Colonial 4000XL pro (special for smaller screens) and L2 system.
You can also adjust it anyway you want it.
I have checked out some skins. Not those in particular, though. But, if I have to skin it to make it look halfway decent, there's something wrong. And, as someone else said a few posts back, a skin doesn't fix the UX problems. Just my opinion. If you love Reaper, that's great. But it doesn't do it for me, which is a shame, because I really like the ideology behind the program. I like what they're trying to do, but it doesn't feel like a polished application. I check it out every so often, so maybe version 5 will be better.
Old 21st July 2014
  #35
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
Can you elaborate on these with some factual information?

What are these things? This is not helpful at all if you're not already a Cubase user.

W
A lot of these Cubase features can be found on Youtube tutorials. Whatever you do, don't think Chord Tracks are just for guitar players like someone else did here.


chord tracks
vst expression
logical editor
note expression

I'm sure you can find separate youtube tutorials that focus on each of these. I don't know S1, but I don't think it has any of these. Rhino could tell you for sure.

Im sure quick controls and the control room are in a Cubase tutorial too.
Old 21st July 2014
  #36
Gear Maniac
 

From the looks of this list......you have either never used Studio One or had no clue what you were doing. Half the stuff you list is false. You may want to be qualified on a subject before speaking to it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshifter View Post
#

Cubase vs. Studio One - in my experiences...


here are some collected disadvantages about Studio One:

- MIDI is absolutely rudimentary.
- No drum editor.
- No score editor.
- S1 has no proper Audio Editor.
- waveform view is blurry!
- No real Instrument Tracks.
- S1 has not the ability to add CC data to a single MIDI note.
- S1 doesn't handle OMF files.
- No Split Arrange / Toggle Track List.
- When previewing loops sometimes S1 do it wrong.
- Studio One currently has no beat detection.
- No Non-Linear Sequencing (Cubase´s Arranger Track).
- No S-type (logarithmic, exponential) curve to fade-in and fade-out.
- S1's media management is an absolute pathetic joke compared to the power of Cubase´s Mediabay.
- No split an imported stereo track into 2 mono tracks.
- No input gain in the mixer.
- No phase button in the mixer.
- Strip Silence is a joke in S1 compared with Cubase´s or PT.
- S1 has no warp-to-picture. In Cubase: easy.
- No VST Expressions.
- S1 has no Surround options.
- No Chord Track.
- No Part-Editor.
- No dual panning in the mixer.
- No Project Logical Editor.
- No channel button global Insert FX on/off.
- No channel buttons FX and sends on/off.
- No Control Room.
- No Note Expression.
- No In Place Editor.
- No Midi Plugins.
- No global on/off for automation.
- No Global Transpose (Audio & Midi).
- No Volume Envelope Events.
- No Track Controls.
- No Mixer Reset Button.
- No "set timecode at now" option.
- No Quick Controls, e.g. in inspector.
- No export/bounce virtual instrument tracks in mono!
- Studio One is absolutely lacking in Film Scoring.
- It doesn't have the same level of hardware support, the routing is very limited.
- The included plug ins are not the greatest. Stock plugins are a joke (e.g. one weak Synth and Sample Player with very old soundfont libraries...)
- Horrible support for control surfaces except for the (Surprise!) FaderPort. MCU support sucks, really bad.
- Doesn't have descent panning (only one slider!). This can be fixed with the pan plugin. (But using a plugin to pan something...?)
- Loop browser doesn't work properly. Loops don't sync correctly to tempo, and when i open my Virus TI it gets even worse, nothing syncs.

etc. etc. etc.



I have no time at the moment, so I will try to mention only a few points.

...More to come, stay tuned....



regards,
Nights.
Old 21st July 2014
  #37
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshifter View Post
#

Cubase vs. Studio One - in my experiences...


here are some collected disadvantages about Studio One:

- MIDI is absolutely rudimentary.
- No drum editor.
- No score editor.
- S1 has no proper Audio Editor.
- waveform view is blurry!
- No real Instrument Tracks.
- S1 has not the ability to add CC data to a single MIDI note.
- S1 doesn't handle OMF files.
- No Split Arrange / Toggle Track List.
- When previewing loops sometimes S1 do it wrong.
- Studio One currently has no beat detection.
- No Non-Linear Sequencing (Cubase´s Arranger Track).
- No S-type (logarithmic, exponential) curve to fade-in and fade-out.
- S1's media management is an absolute pathetic joke compared to the power of Cubase´s Mediabay.
- No split an imported stereo track into 2 mono tracks.
- No input gain in the mixer.
- No phase button in the mixer.
- Strip Silence is a joke in S1 compared with Cubase´s or PT.
- S1 has no warp-to-picture. In Cubase: easy.
- No VST Expressions.
- S1 has no Surround options.
- No Chord Track.
- No Part-Editor.
- No dual panning in the mixer.
- No Project Logical Editor.
- No channel button global Insert FX on/off.
- No channel buttons FX and sends on/off.
- No Control Room.
- No Note Expression.
- No In Place Editor.
- No Midi Plugins.
- No global on/off for automation.
- No Global Transpose (Audio & Midi).
- No Volume Envelope Events.
- No Track Controls.
- No Mixer Reset Button.
- No "set timecode at now" option.
- No Quick Controls, e.g. in inspector.
- No export/bounce virtual instrument tracks in mono!
- Studio One is absolutely lacking in Film Scoring.
- It doesn't have the same level of hardware support, the routing is very limited.
- The included plug ins are not the greatest. Stock plugins are a joke (e.g. one weak Synth and Sample Player with very old soundfont libraries...)
- Horrible support for control surfaces except for the (Surprise!) FaderPort. MCU support sucks, really bad.
- Doesn't have descent panning (only one slider!). This can be fixed with the pan plugin. (But using a plugin to pan something...?)
- Loop browser doesn't work properly. Loops don't sync correctly to tempo, and when i open my Virus TI it gets even worse, nothing syncs.

etc. etc. etc.

h.



I have no time at the moment, so I will try to mention only a few points.

...More to come, stay tuned....



regards,
Nights.
What age are you 12 ? go away, grow up, and then write a concise list of pro and cons after using both programs. Putting on the list Cubase unique features is really dumb and only makes you look really foolish.
Old 21st July 2014
  #38
Lives for gear
 
Robert Randolph's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
A lot of these Cubase features can be found on Youtube tutorials. Whatever you do, don't think Chord Tracks are just for guitar players like someone else did here.


chord tracks
vst expression
logical editor
note expression

I'm sure you can find separate youtube tutorials that focus on each of these. I don't know S1, but I don't think it has any of these. Rhino could tell you for sure.

Im sure quick controls and the control room are in a Cubase tutorial too.
I know what these features are, but it is not helpful to the topic at hand to list out random buzzwords and say 'go look it up yourself!'.

The unhelpfullness is magnified when a large portion of that list is misleading or plainly wrong. One could simply reply with a list of things that Cubase doesn't have like 'nimbit integration', 'Control Link', 'Track Transform', 'Studiolive integration' etc...

The topic is better served by explaining the things that you can do more easily by using these specific tools that each DAW offers.
Old 21st July 2014
  #39
Deleted User
Guest
@Robert,

The Project page in StudioOne is worth the price alone. I can do all the Mastering, CD prep, Digital release etc with this app. Not to mention if you need to tweak a mix, do that and go to the Project page and one click will re-mixdown your mix and import it into the current Project/Master, BRILLANT!!! No more do I have to open up a song, re-mix that down to two track, import that back in just for one little tweak.
Old 21st July 2014
  #40
Gear Maniac
 

I started with the very first version of Cubase (no audio) and stuck with Steinberg until Nuendo4. I had been quite happy until a Synchrosoft 'update' meant that the copy protection was eating 30% of my CPU and the solution offered by Steinberg support was to buy a faster computer.

So I switched to REAPER which apart from being far more stable and far less resource hungry, at the time had a lot of fab audio features that N4 didn't. I am sure that in the meantime Steinberg have caught up quite a bit, but I don't know, because I never felt the need to touch one of their products ever again.

However, there are two Cubase midi features that I sometimes miss: Logical Editor and Groove Quantize.
Old 21st July 2014
  #41
Lives for gear
Cubendo had the best looking future of any DAW out there.

Cubase 7.5 is nothing less than superb as is Wavelab 8.5 ..... Steiny are having a golden period since Yamaha took over.

I've tried them all over the last 25 years and Cubendo now stands head and shoulders above the competition.

If Cubando gets VCA's, linked automation editing. Session import, FX templates and a couple of other less major features then
Game over ..... There will be nothing to touch it.

Close to my perfect DAW we are.
Old 21st July 2014
  #42
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
I know what these features are, but it is not helpful to the topic at hand to list out random buzzwords and say 'go look it up yourself!'.

The unhelpfullness is magnified when a large portion of that list is misleading or plainly wrong. One could simply reply with a list of things that Cubase doesn't have like 'nimbit integration', 'Control Link', 'Track Transform', 'Studiolive integration' etc...

The topic is better served by explaining the things that you can do more easily by using these specific tools that each DAW offers.
I totally agree these lists are not very helpful.

Reading that reply I thought you expected an explanation of every feature. Anyone can make an impressive list of what they got that the other doesn't.

As mentioned I have never used S1 or Reaper for that fact, but based on other discussions about S1 and Reaper I don't believe either have the equivalent to

VST Expressions.
- No Chord Track.
- No Part-Editor.
- No Project Logical Editor.
- No Control Room.
- No Note Expression.

or even Vari-audio. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

But that might not be a bad thing depending on your needs. Cubase is a creation/production tool application, and these things definitely help me. This is why I don't think common Cubase-Pro Tools comparisons are very helpful. While they have similarities, I see them as 2 different tools, one for song creation, the other for multitrack studio recording. IMO from what I read, S1 and Reaper are up-and-coming DAWs that are comparable to Cubase yet don't have as many features as Cubase. Again, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Do you need Vari-Audio built in? Or would a 3rd party application such as Waves Tune, Autotune, or Melodyne better suite your needs?

However keep in mind the relationship between Vari-Audio and chord tracks and how they work together. When Steinberg released Vari-Audio several versions ago I thought it was just another lame attempt to keep everything in one program and be competitive when a 3rd party probably did it a lot better. But, then I saw the big picture when they released Chord Tracks in C7...integrating it with Vari-Audio.

I think Cubase is the feature rich DAW. But that comes with many draw-backs too. IMO they have spent too much time with features and not enough time with core functions and workflow. Ever get a VST hidden behind the full screen mixer? Ever try to use a key command to focus the full screen mixer? Obviously you don't if you have 1 video monitor, but that might become important with 4 monitors. However based on replies, it's obvious not everyone cares about key commands and instead is just fine mouse-clicking and hovering over stuff.

I don't think S1 or Reaper has these issues.
Old 21st July 2014
  #43
Lives for gear
 
Robert Randolph's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
I totally agree these lists are not very helpful.

Reading that reply I thought you expected an explanation of every feature. Anyone can make an impressive list of what they got that the other doesn't.

As mentioned I have never used S1 or Reaper for that fact, but based on other discussions about S1 and Reaper I don't believe either have the equivalent to

VST Expressions.
- No Chord Track.
- No Part-Editor.
- No Project Logical Editor.
- No Control Room.
- No Note Expression.

or even Vari-audio. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
AFAIK, S1 and Reaper do not have an equivalent to chord track or note expression.

Unless someone can explain to me something that you can do in Cubase with control room or the logical editor that can't be done in S1 or Reaper, I'm not sure about those. I did research both and was able to find similar capabilities for those 2 features. Very different ways of gettting to the end result, but no more or less difficult. I would love if someone could accurately explain any deficiencies in these areas should they exist. From my research, it appears that Reaper may even be more feature-rich in these 2 areas than Cubase.

S1 and Reaper definitely have features like the part editor. From what I can tell it's more feature-rich in Studio One and Reaper.

S1 does have vari-audio-like features and from what I can tell they are much better than Cubase's. S1 has melodyne integrated and has full multitrack audio-warping AND manual warping capabilities. Reaper also excels in this area now, but it relies on a plugin for pitch adjustment.

The vari-audio-like implementation in S1 and Reaper do not have neat things like chord track to fall back on, but for plain editing they appear to be much more capable.

FWIW, my experiences are based off being able to actually use S1 and Reaper. I have to read the Cubase manual to attain information about it since I do not have an eLicenser to run the demo. I am fully open to corrections.
Old 21st July 2014
  #44
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
Is there some news I'm not aware of.... why is the future uncertain for Cubendo?
I was going to ask the same thing.
Old 21st July 2014
  #45
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
... in light of Cubendo's uncertain future...
Quote:
What uncertain future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I was going to ask the same thing.
I've used Cubase since VST5.x, and would very much like to know if it is on the rocks, or if there has been some announcement concerning it's future as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Probably half a dozen times in the thread people have asked for clarification about "the future of Cubendo" as referenced in that first post, but no one has responded. I really don't know what to think. Does that mean it's a wind up, or (maybe more likely given the context) just emotional hyperbole? That might be my first guess, but the silence of the Cubase Rep who frequents this forum has me worried a bit. Wouldn't they be interested in squishing this rumor right away if it were not true?

Really, if any one has concrete information or a link to a Steinberg announcement concerning their "uncertain future", would appreciate someone posting here.

Thanks!
Old 21st July 2014
  #46
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis View Post
I've used Cubase since VST5.x, and would very much like to know if it is on the rocks, or if there has been some announcement concerning it's future as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Probably half a dozen times in the thread people have asked for clarification about "the future of Cubendo" as referenced in that first post, but no one has responded. I really don't know what to think. Does that mean it's a wind up, or (maybe more likely given the context) just emotional hyperbole? That might be my first guess, but the silence of the Cubase Rep who frequents this forum has me worried a bit. Wouldn't they be interested in squishing this rumor right away if it were not true?

Really, if any one has concrete information or a link to a Steinberg announcement concerning their "uncertain future", would appreciate someone posting here.

Thanks!
okay just the normal prediction of Steinberg's demise that has been predicted for the past 20 years. :-)
Old 21st July 2014
  #47
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis View Post
I've used Cubase since VST5.x, and would very much like to know if it is on the rocks, or if there has been some announcement concerning it's future as mentioned in the first post of this thread.
I think the reference was to Nuendo not Cubase. I'm thinking he was just joking, but not positive. There is a huge price difference so IMO it's not unthinkable.
Old 21st July 2014
  #48
Deleted #297939
Guest
Is it really that hard to put in plus/minus entries?

Do you know of a feature you like, enter it in a +++ form.
Do you know of a feature you don't like, enter it in a --- form.

Is it really that hard?

PS. I think the intentions was to help long term Cubase/Nuendo users to look at some other DAW's and/or solutions.
Especially the new Mixer and Control room seem to have split the user base about straight down the middle.
Some like it, some don't. Some Love it, Some Hate it. That's all fair.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, for one, are not here to switch completely to another DAW, but are first and foremost looking for another and better mixing environment, FOR ME.

So far I like Cubase 6.5/Nuendo 5.5 the best for tracking (ie better Control Room, FOR ME), editing (I Know Cubendo the best) and mixing.

Not so with C7.5 and Nuendo 6 (soon 6.5).
I find it clumsy for tracking bands etc. due to the worse implemented control room, FOR ME (but I like the new Track Versions).

Editing works for the same as in C6.5/N6.

Mixing is tiresome and a clickfest galore compared to C6.5/N5.5, FOR ME.
Much less info, status and values are shown at any one time.
Many of these things you have to hover over buttons and knobs, making you only see important info ON ONE TRACK AT A TIME (where in C6.5 you could swipe your eyes across all tracks within the screen, getting all that info without lifting a finger).
Not very efficient when working with 80-100 tracks, I'm afraid.

So, if I can get any valueable info on how things work in other DAW's and apps, I appreciate that.

I have used Studio One on and off for 2-3 years, and really liking it, but don't master it as Cubendo.
S1 are missing a couple of things that don't make it an option to cross over full time (but maybe in the upcoming Studio One 3).

This was/is a thread about helping each other out. Many frustrated Cubendo users these days, especially many middle sized commersial studio facilities.

PS. Please don't turn this into a "Cubase" like forum. That's not why we fled here
Old 21st July 2014
  #49
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
FWIW, my experiences are based off being able to actually use S1 and Reaper. I have to read the Cubase manual to attain information about it since I do not have an eLicenser to run the demo. I am fully open to corrections.
Yes I forgot S1 added Melodyne. See what you get from someone who only uses Cubase?

IMO the logical editor is a bit difficult and you need to spend some time learning. Fortunately there are many logical editor presets and I have never had to create one from scratch...ever. Ironically, a few of those presets have been turned into normal Cubase functions.

I think you are at a disadvantage not being able to use the Cubase demo without a dongle. You can read and ask questions all day, but until you actually drive it...you won't know if it feels like a Porsche or a Pinto. It's too bad Steinberg hasn't changed this.
Old 21st July 2014
  #50
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

The biggest thing I am envious of is Studio One's track transform freezing features.
Old 21st July 2014
  #51
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBM View Post

PS. Please don't turn this into a "Cubase" like forum. That's not why we fled here
Sorry, but I guess you missed my point in an earlier post when you think I am after some sort of 'no critique allowed/fanboi hype' only forum. Post #6 sums up my view adequately.

As I stated I have no experience in regards to the 'official' forum so I can not comment on these issues you've had but I think it's time get over them.

My personal opinion is that DAW hopping just pretty seldom really pays off in the long run. I prefer to stick to one solution and explore the depth. I mean, maybe S1 3 is actually three steps back. Maybe Cubase 8 is going to be two steps back, maybe 6 steps forward. Who knows?
Old 21st July 2014
  #52
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
......
PS. Please don't turn this into a "Cubase" like forum. That's not why we fled here
Some of us have not fled from anywhere!

I'm here just to get different perspectives on the DAW I use
Old 21st July 2014
  #53
Lives for gear
 

Imo these discussions essentially boil down to three main points of interest:

1. Personal 'Dealbreakers' and that's something no poll or survey will really disclose. There are so many - highly personal - variables at play that it's impossible to give general solutions. As you said iBM some folks dig the new mixer some don't. Some like the new CR some don't. Is it a Dealbreaker? What are the deal breakers? This list is indeed manageable.

2. Feature lists: Features here, features there. There are literally thousands of different workflow options, sub-menus, export options, plugin quality lists, mouse clicking discussions, comfort zones, speed, accuracy, all at play. This list is endless. Which features do I really need? I have to make a decision.

3. In addition to that there is an highly personal emotional factor every individual has with a particular DAW. Am I socialized with it? Experiences with the company/support team? Peers groups, which DAW's use my friends? This list is endless.

Since all the major DAWs on the market are able to deliver the dish maybe to discuss point one is the most fruitful option for this thread.
Old 21st July 2014
  #54
Deleted #297939
Guest
@color - In this instance I was not necesarry talking to you.

@alexis - What happens when someone are trying to give you a different perspective on your DAW?
In a language that had got you banned over at the Cubase forum?

Hint: The same defenders are here as well.

What's your pluses or minuses on Studio One and Reaper?
After all, that's what this thread was/is all about.
Old 21st July 2014
  #55
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
My personal opinion is that DAW hopping just pretty seldom really pays off in the long run. I prefer to stick to one solution and explore the depth. I mean, maybe S1 3 is actually three steps back. Maybe Cubase 8 is going to be two steps back, maybe 6 steps forward. Who knows?
I agree too. It takes months...maybe even years to learn and be comfortable with everything...at least that is true for myself and Cubase. And then they add new features to keep you going..... How people can hop from one DAW to another, and proclaim to be an expert is beyond me....unless their hobby is admiration of the DAW itself instead of using the DAW for music creation.

But, unlike what you wrote, I disagree that anyone should not be able to discuss their likes and dislikes about a DAW...even if they have been doing it for years. This is why I like this forum and not the Steinberg forum. It was mentioned the OP, Bredo & IBM have been doing this for years? Since you don't participate in the Cubase forum, what forum have they been doing this for years? Maybe I'm out of the loop. Or is this a situation where posters reinvent their names/profiles multiple times which I think is a shame?

What I gather from this post is the OP is frustrated with certain aspects of Cubase, and wants to confirm to himself that there is, or is not...anything better for his specific objectives. Is there anything wrong with that? Even if this person has posted Cubase likes and dislikes for years? It's not like anyone is forcing you to read the criticisms of any DAW.

Sorry this topic has gone off a bit from the intended +++ ---- for S1 and Reaper. Other than PT HD in studio, I haven't used any DAW's so it's impossible to give an honest comparison.

I like Cubase. I use it 5 days a week. I haven't found anything better. BUT...that doesn't stop me from pointing out what I consider flaws...based on my working environment of 4 video monitors, an Icon controller, and frequent use of key commands. And, after C7/7.5, I think there is growing sentiment that Steinberg needs to rapidly address these issues...or they will eventually loose long term customers to a developer who sees a potential market for "professional users" who are currently being ignored by Steinberg.

I apologize for thinking you participate in the Cubase forums! Your post is very similar to the type of posts there.
Old 21st July 2014
  #56
Lives for gear
 

On one of the other forums a Steinberg rep mentioned there was a Cubase 7.5.40 in the works.

So, that's good!! I wonder what will and won't be addressed there ... and if there is a 7.5.30 planned or not!

Old 21st July 2014
  #57
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
Imo these discussions essentially boil down to three main points of interest:

1. Personal 'Dealbreakers' and that's something no poll or survey will really disclose. There are so many - highly personal - variables at play that it's impossible to give general solutions. As you said iBM some folks dig the new mixer some don't. Some like the new CR some don't. Is it a Dealbreaker? What are the deal breakers? This list is indeed manageable.

2. Feature lists: Features here, features there. There are literally thousands of different workflow options, sub-menus, export options, plugin quality lists, mouse clicking discussions, comfort zones, speed, accuracy, all at play. This list is endless. Which features do I really need? I have to make a decision.

3. In addition to that there is an highly personal emotional factor every individual has with a particular DAW. Am I socialized with it? Experiences with the company/support team? Peers groups, which DAW's use my friends? This list is endless.

Since all the major DAWs on the market are able to deliver the dish maybe to discuss point one is the most fruitful option for this thread.
Thank you. Clear reason ^^^ that.

It's funny to me how so often people get tunnel vision. I mean, in some places it's just automatically assumed by some that everyone does exactly what they do. See the old posts about PT 7 sucking for VI's or whatever, when legions of engineers using PT maybe never even used VI's at all, or even wanted to.

That's beyond the perception of some, that what they do isn't universal, that maybe not everyone with a digital workstation is doing exactly what they're doing or anything close to it.

It's kinda like the "world revolves around me and my preferences" generation.

I mean, "what I love (today) is king", the literal best thing period, except that it maybe actually can't replace DP in another directed use case having nothing to do with a chord track.
Old 22nd July 2014
  #58
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
But true. I've cleared up and talked about the very questionable nature of some things on that list and the other similar list that's been floating around here for months a couple of times already but they're all still there.
Link? Because the vast majority of the stuff on that list seems pretty accurate to me.
Old 22nd July 2014
  #59
Lives for gear
 
Robert Randolph's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus909 View Post
Link? Because the vast majority of the stuff on that list seems pretty accurate to me.
Would you respond to this post then please: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10274635-post26.html
Old 23rd July 2014
  #60
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Randolph View Post
Would you respond to this post then please: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10274635-post26.html
I don't have time to respond to all of them now, but check this post for responses to Mediabay, Chord Track, Note Expression, and Arranger Track:
Studio One V2 or Cubase 7?

In the meantime you can Google or find youtube videos on most if not all of the other features.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump