The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How happy are you with Cubase 7?
View Poll Results: How happy are you with Cubase 7?
10 (very happy)
29 Votes - 25.44%
23 Votes - 20.18%
28 Votes - 24.56%
11 Votes - 9.65%
7 Votes - 6.14%
3 Votes - 2.63%
4 Votes - 3.51%
2 Votes - 1.75%
3 Votes - 2.63%
1 (not happy at all)
4 Votes - 3.51%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

How happy are you with Cubase 7?

It's soon a year since Cubase 7 was released. How happy are you with Cubase 7's features, stability, performance, workflow changes, development speed etc?

Please vote in the poll, where 10 equals very happy, and 1 equals very unhappy.
Old 20th October 2013
Deleted User
I voted 6. Due to it's performance still being sub par.
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Addict

5, too much stability issues.
Old 21st October 2013
8, i'm pretty happy with the latest version
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Addict

to me it's a great program,I have a problem with program windows,to much mousing around(I hope for a consolidated window in V 8),mixer to me is bloated,since in 95% of my work I use 3rd party plug ins the mixer doesn't make sense to be used that way(I guess people
using included plugins are ok with the concept),some weird bugs!a good thing is that now the performance in OSX is much better at least in my computer.Saving and loading channel and instrument presets is bloated too.
I wish a couple of other things,but at the moment I think Cubase is the best solution when it comes to people producing or composing-arranging in a DAW world.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Nut

I admit that, since 7.0.6, the MixConsole is a little more consistent and, yes, there is a slight improvement in resources usage. At least, C7 no longer crashes when closing the MixConsole with F3. That's all about it...

BUT...
1) We are still plagued with the horrible white masked cursor. Unusable for me as, growing older, I don't expect my eyes taking the timeline on the opposite way. Alone, a real showstopper...
2) Still no fix/workaround for the lost pre-7 versions 'Appearance/Work area' page settings, mainly grid related.
3) Still no fix/workaround for the lost pre-7 versions 'Appearance/General' page settings, concerning the display of UI components (buttons...).
4) The R/W buttons of the FX/group tracks still don't behave as they should when narrowing one of these.
5) The RCE is still useless with Generic Remote definitions.
6) The ASIO guard is also still useless and even counter-productive.
7) Despite a very slight progress, the whole C7 application is still lacking responsiveness, compared to previous versions. This with UI quirks, here and there.
8) The MixConsole is still a clicking fest, and no longer support consistently some key commands, at the opposite of C6.5.
9) It still takes ages to load a project involving samples based VSTis.
10) Despite a slight progress in this department, the amount of the resources taken by C7 is still noticeably bigger than C6.5, and I'm not even talking of 5.1...

A lot of 'still' in this list, and after 10 months since the 7.0.0 release and 6 updates since, the verdict is STILL : C5.1.1 and 6.5.5 are the ones... Everything I did music related since last december is on one or the other of these. This says it all...
At this point, I am no longer expecting something that could really entice me to use it. And I will probably not upgrade anymore, even for a 50€ 7.5 fix. Lesson taken and confidence broken...
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

So... have all the Cubase users on this forum replied yet? 27 votes so far... I thought Cubase had at least 50 active users here? :-)
Old 28th October 2013
Gear Addict
I didnt vote as im going to wait until v8 to upgrade from 5.. not enough features to make it worth it, but I watch this forum like a hawk, to keep up to date
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

I voted 7. On the whole, it's really good. No stability issues here. There are a few things that consistently get in my way, though:

1. Lack of consistency between Project and Mix Console views.
2. Lack of integration of the old (and retained) inserts and the new Strip. Just allow me to insert anything into the strip!
3. Ping auto-latency settings still not working correctly for External FX, making external parallel processing a pain in the arse to set up.
Old 28th October 2013
Gear Nut

3 words ........ I LOVE IT
Old 30th October 2013
Gear Head

I a proootls HD user,and I love love cubase 7 I am very hepy.I wont to sale my ilok key.inside is Protools HD 10. MCDSP emerald Pack.reverb one george massenburg eq, sonnox limiter TDM ,Compresor TDM.and many other plugin for 2000 e.
Old 31st October 2013
Lives for gear

By saturday night I will have spent about 100+ hours with Cubase this week. Tracking, editing, tuning, mixing.
Some songs ITB, some songs with about 20 channels of outboard.
Some with 3 channels of audio, some with over a 100.

It's running on a 2yo i7 PC and W7 and stable as hell. Doens't crash, has no quirks, just works for hours on end.

I voted 9 because there's always stuff that could be better. For instance I still don't know what to think about the mixer: the functionality is great (right click to add group/fx to multiple channels, the Qlink,...) but sometimes I don't get the way it behaves (graphical).

You won't hear a lot of Cubase guys voting high numbers, they're too busy working.

Off I go,
Herwig
Old 31st October 2013
Its a great buy. The stability in 32-bit mode on 10.9 is great. The mixer could be a bit better when it comes to turning on components in the strip. Other than that I'm happy with my purchase. I have a Mid-2010 MBP w/8gigs of ram and an SSD running 10.9 and a seagate hybrid drive in place of my CD drive.
Old 1st November 2013
Here for the gear
Barely 2 mos. on Cubase 7 but..

I was 8 years on Logic - Logic X was the straw that broke the camel's back. I find the audio to be vastly superior to Logic's and the Arranger Track absolutely essential and phenominal - could not be better. So yes, it has been difficult switching over, but there are so many things Cubase does better that the few drawbacks are worth it. I think the big secret to getting fast and easy control over Cubase is to create key commands and macros.
Old 2nd November 2013
Lives for gear

Wow, Ping latency feature for hardware inserts does not work? Stability issues?

Then I will stay with V6
Old 2nd November 2013
Lives for gear

I use Nuendo and I voted 7.

They need to fix some really basic things...

Key Commands for the mixer still don't work as they should.

The mixer still exhibits graphic display issues...

Stereo Master Out still disappears even though
it is locked/pinned to the right side.
Sometimes the inserts section of the rack is missing,
even though it is selected to be visible

The mouse wheel will stop functioning after every "save as"

I can't stand the hovering over controls just to see what you are doing.
Waste of precious time! And the buttons in that area of the GUI are too close or something. Your mouse click has to be very precise or you get a preset browser or something else you didn't want.
More wasting time.

There are more issues to be sure but I have a session to prep for.
Old 2nd November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
Wow, Ping latency feature for hardware inserts does not work? Stability issues?

Then I will stay with V6
It does work in most scenarios. But not with ADAT expanders on RME interfaces, because stoopid RME reports a negative latency for some convoluted reason I fail to understand and stoopid Cubase can't compensate for that. Not an issue for most people but a PITA if it affects you!

Sent from my GT-I9300
Old 3rd November 2013
Deleted User
I'll give it a 4. I am completely unmoved by this version. Staying with 6.5.
Old 4th November 2013
Gear Maniac

I voted 9.
Surprisingly...now I am enjoying the redesign and workflow of Cubase 7.06
A long time ago I posted elsewhere in the forums that I thought the new version of Cubase looked like a mess and that the Cubase workflow was still overly complicated. Well, I spoke a bit too soon. On a lark, I upgraded to 7 from 6. There are some surprising very good things there - I love it a lot and use it 24/7 nowadays.
Cubase is a more viable competitor than before: great features, stable, nice forward-looking MixConsole, superb sound and stunning workflow (use key commands).
Also directly comparable to other competitors. Yes.
You should be ready and get involved with the new MixConsole V7.
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear

So many guys are happy means to me the acutal version works stable under some installments!

I have a Steinberg MR816 CSX and wanna combine it with a second one for more outs. Heard that some have trouble with two interfaces, but maybe not within Cubase!?!?!?

I wonder how stable the MR816 CSX and Cubase 7 work together in a Windows environment with outboard and lots of plug-ins? Does anyone earn his bucks with this combo!?
Old 4th November 2013
Here for the gear
I've always upgraded Cubase starting with SX some ten years ago, and I've never had any serious issues or bugs which I wasn't able solve.
Different on installing Cubase 7: none of my Cubase 6 projects opens properly, plugins-aren't loaded although they show up in the vst folder (I'm using the NI Komplete collection and some of the vst instruments work, others don't ???)
So, for the first time I am quite disappointed and end up using version 6.
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
So many guys are happy means to me the acutal version works stable under some installments!

I have a Steinberg MR816 CSX and wanna combine it with a second one for more outs. Heard that some have trouble with two interfaces, but maybe not within Cubase!?!?!?

I wonder how stable the MR816 CSX and Cubase 7 work together in a Windows environment with outboard and lots of plug-ins? Does anyone earn his bucks with this combo!?
I use an MR916CSX With Cubase 7 64 Bit and Win7. I run it pretty much all day avery day and it works perfectly although I don't use outboard gear generally. I do use lots of plugins though.

I have used outboard gear on one occasion with this setup so I can tell you that it does work but I can't say whether it's solid and stable with heavy use. I can't see any reason why you'd have a problem though.

RE: Using two 816's at the same time -sorry, I have no experience with that so can't help you.
Old 4th November 2013
Here for the gear
I will give it 5, may be with time I will get used to the new mixing console and I will come back and give it some more...but for now the stability issues are stil bugging me.
Old 4th November 2013
Very happy. Sometimes the window management is a bit crazy but it's stated so often and already on Steinbergs list (with C8 I guess) so I will not take this into account.
I have Cubase running 12hrs or more with external hardware... no problems and absolutely stable. It's the best and most feature complete DAW on the market IMHO.
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_Soul View Post
I will give it 5, may be with time I will get used to the new mixing console and I will come back and give it some more...but for now the stability issues are stil bugging me.
It took me quite a long time to get 100% used to it but I really like the new Mix Console now. At first I preferred the old mixer but after months of use, I've got used to all the new features and there's now way I'd want to go back now.

The only thing I miss from Cubase 6 is the old version of Control Room. I do think it was better laid out and was easier/faster to use. Hopefully a few more refinements to the new one will bring it up to speed.
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear
Honestly the more I use it and the less I sit around complaining, I find it better and better.
Old 5th November 2013
Here for the gear

I am happy with it. However, I have no other experience with other software. (I come from the world of VS-880. *shudder*)
Old 5th November 2013
Lives for gear

I give it a 3. I quickly went back to 6, and only open 7 up to see what they've changed with updates. Keep hoping that they figure out that mess of a mixer.
Old 5th November 2013
Lives for gear

10 - Freakin amazing software - the best by a mile !!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtafreq View Post
3 words ........ I LOVE IT
Old 10th November 2013
Lives for gear
The latest release is very very good indeed.

C7 is so amazing it's hard not to give it a 10.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search