Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
External FX routing > 2+ FX share return inputs?
Old 3rd October 2013
Lives for gear

External FX routing > 2+ FX share return inputs?

Due to my audio interface and input/output setup .. I have 3 stereo outputs to route to 3 different external fx > but only one stereo return I could afford external fx loop.

A. Is there anyway to create external fx in VST Connections where all 3 could run at the same time but share one return?

B. For delay compensation purposes.. Because I already have an external instrument routing setup >> would it make any difference timing wise to just set up manual output/inputs on group/fx channels to route?

C. Would a rack mixer/s be the best way to accomplish this? (Am kind of leaning to this... as I only have a few pieces of hardware... but My Virus TI and VP-9000 would be happy with a little input too, as well as my 201 delay and analog filter....
Not sure if it's possible to use one rack mixer (direct / bus outs?) to expand 2x stereo outs from adat Preamp to 4x; as well as mix them all back into one stereo channel for return into preamp to complete DAW ext fx loop..
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search