Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Cubase 7 - Strange Ext.FX behaviour
Old 23rd September 2013
Gear nut

Cubase 7 - Strange Ext.FX behaviour

here's my problem:
I have an analog filter - actually it's a MAM mb33 (303 clone, with audio input) - which I want to use to fatten up vst synths.
So I've set up the external effect like it should be: mono input, mono output -- with the right in/output configuration on my interface (don't know if it matters, it's a focusrite saffire pro 40)

When I inserted the External FX on the vst synth, I suddenly had a split signal: the filter-processed signal on the left (I can hear the filter work when I turn the knobs), and the dry vst synth on the right.
So i thought: okay, its a mono FX, so maybe that's why I'm getting the split signal.
Then I routed the vst synth into a mono group track, and inserted the external FX on that channel. suddenly I don't hear the vst synth anymore --- I just hear a strange low-octave saw buzz every time I hit a note??
I can exclude the option that the mb33 is playing, because it doesn't matter which note I play, the sound is always the same (except when I play around with the filter, then it changes accordingly, but is quite distorted). Also when I plug in a jack into the filter input of the mb33 it disconnects the oscillator, and I shouldn't be able to hear it anyway..

Then I created an FX channel, inserted the external FX and made a send from the vst synth onto that channel, and I got the same weird sound... The filter seems to react a little differently to different notes I play, but the difference is barely noticeable --- it's like I play a chord, and the change the highest note of this chord but with extremely low velocity..

Does anybody have a clue why this might be happening?
thx in advance
Old 23rd September 2013
Gear nut

any advice?
Old 29th September 2013
Gear nut

Old 29th September 2013
Lives for gear
I have seen that when inserting a mono efx on a stereo channel
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search