The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Saving mixer views acts strange
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

Saving mixer views acts strange

Hi guys
In cubase 7 I love the way we can save mixer views and recall them quickly. It's great. However..
If I add a new track or add anything for that matter be it an audio track or a new fx send or midi chanel then it becomes added to my saved mixer views.
The nixer views become ammended by any new track or chanel.
Perhaps I dont fully understand how these saved views work but I dont want my drum view to have a guitar track added and a reverb send added after I saved the view preset.
If im mixing and not adding anything then its great but otherwise its kinda strange

Sent from my GT-N7105T
Old 26th March 2013
Lives for gear

Yes but its very hard for Cubase to know in what view you want the added channel, it has to place it somewhere I think. To have all new changes made hided by default just to keep mixer views intact it not so great either. Maybe I've missunderstood
Old 27th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcase View Post
Yes but its very hard for Cubase to know in what view you want the added channel, it has to place it somewhere I think. To have all new changes made hided by default just to keep mixer views intact it not so great either. Maybe I've missunderstood
I would rather cubase stop any new chanels fron appearing in my saved views. I can then decide which new chanels to add to the view and resave....at the moment I have to sometimes spend time deleting many chanels from my views. its pretty annoying.

Sent from my GT-N7105T
Old 3rd April 2013
Gear Addict

^^ this !
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search