I am using having a problem with two separate sound cards on Cubase 6/7 -
When I have a mic plugged in and move the input gain knob to zero - there is still a healthy amount of signal coming through?
Is there a setting within Cubase to stop this from happening?
Many thanks : )
1. Make sure the Hi Z button isnt turned on. Thats for when your pluging in a bass or guitar.
2. Turn your input gain down on that input on the UR
3. If the signal is still too HOT, you can push the PAD button in then turn the gain back up some
4. Where is the signal peaking in Cubase? -12 to -18 is what I shoot for on the mic on the input channel.
5. The input gain knob shouldnt be cranked
6. Is your mic a dynamic mic or condenser? If its a dynamic mic such as an SM57, SM58, Senn e835 etc, MAKE SURE that the phantom power button is OFF
IF you have a condenser mic make sure the phantom power is turned on