The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options to Beat Detective for Cubase users
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Options to Beat Detective for Cubase users

I am making the transition to Cubase from PT.

What do Cubase users do as an alternative to using Beat Detective in PT?

Are there any alternatives?

THANKS
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by True North
I am making the transition to Cubase from PT.

What do Cubase users do as an alternative to using Beat Detective in PT?

Are there any alternatives?

THANKS
Cubase can do this on stereo files (read the manual) nfor Multitrack there

Beatquantize by zeroX (search google)
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Cool - I don't actually have Cubase yet - should be here next week, thanks
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

There are a few options I use for editing lets say Multitrack drums in CUbase SX3.

One approach if you have only 6 drums tracks is to make a 5.1 buss and route the drums to these and then export the 5.1 as an interleaved 5.1 file back into the projec.You can then use audio warping to time the drums and keep their phase relationship intact and when your done you can freeze the timestrecth and export the file again but this time as a 5.1 split file back into the project.

Another approach is outline in detail i this pdf

http://dankorneff.com/Iterative%20Qu...ck%20Drums.pdf
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom
There are a few options I use for editing lets say Multitrack drums in CUbase SX3.

One approach if you have only 6 drums tracks is to make a 5.1 buss and route the drums to these and then export the 5.1 as an interleaved 5.1 file back into the projec.You can then use audio warping to time the drums and keep their phase relationship intact and when your done you can freeze the timestrecth and export the file again but this time as a 5.1 split file back into the project.

mmm sound cool but 6trk is not enuff here... anyway will take alook thanks!
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom

Now that is creative, but unfortunately I do use more than 6 tracks for drummers. Thanks for the link. I have been contemplating getting the cheapest PT-LE interface I can find and buying the production tool kit that comes with a full version of Beat detective. Kind of an expensive option
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

If you buy Nuendo you can do a 10.1 surround file so that means 10 tracks
A tip with the interactive drum quantizing is to export a kik and snare as one file and get recycle to chop it up for you as it does it real quick.then import then rex file of the kik snare etc and run the chop macro on the drums.
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

Ifyou were useing Redrooms approach and you for instance had 12 tracks of drums, could you not do 6 tracks at a time if you kept the same quantize settings for both groups of 6. Than combine both sets of 6 quantized tracks at a later point?

Just wondering

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search