The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
cubase tutorials
Old 19th May 2006
Here for the gear

cubase tutorials

why does cubase hate me? im make a good living off of graphic design, so im not computer illiterate... but when it comes to recording, i'm ********. i cannot for the life of me figure out how to do the most basic things in cubase, mostly regarding adding vst effects, and multitracking. can someone point me to some idiot proof tutorials? or maybe i should try a new program.
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Don't be discouraged. You just need to spend some more time and have patience.
If you want real easy, go with Live 5. That's a piece of cake. But Cubase has a lot more features and versatility (at least in non-live situations). Have you read the manual? I know 850 pages, but it is pretty well written.
Try the book Cubase SX/SL3 Power.
Old 19th May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyshay
Don't be discouraged. You just need to spend some more time and have patience.
If you want real easy, go with Live 5. That's a piece of cake. But Cubase has a lot more features and versatility (at least in non-live situations). Have you read the manual? I know 850 pages, but it is pretty well written.
Try the book Cubase SX/SL3 Power.
i have SE by the way, yeah i've read the parts of the manual that pertain to my issues, but it kind of glosses over things i find difficult
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

not to hijack your thread but.....

I'm a PT user and since hearing such great things about Cubase/Nuendo I decided to buy SX (for $400, what the heck) I want to see how much better the editing is, summing etc that most seem to claim. I'm so busy that I've only got a few hours with it so far so I can't possibly pass judgement yet but I do have a few Qs. One is how do you re-order plugins once assigned? Seems like you can't without saving settings as presets and re inserting. Am I missing something? Also, no paper manual? Seems like you can select tracks and make assignments in the mixer window either. any users care help out?
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew
how do you re-order plugins once assigned?
You cant.

A serious bone of contention among Cubase users and hopefully if Steinberg have been listening, this should make it into SX4.

Quote:
Seems like you can select tracks and make assignments in the mixer window either
Go to EDIT>PREFERENCES>EDITING>PROJECT&MIXER and check 'Sync project and mixer'
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

The best tutorials i know are at auxbus.com.
I find tutorials a lot more productive than the manual because they offer a view over workflow instead explaining features alone.

also besides gearslutz, cubase.net could be a good start point.

On SX there are no reordable plug slots, incidentally the hosts that have such functionality have poor or none automatic plugin delay compensation.

Bye
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

some more tutorials here:
http://www.steinbergusers.com/

Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

You can download the manual off of steinbergs websight for free.

Reordering plugins, seems to be coming in SX4.

BaseJase
Illynoise
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Computer Music magazine did a special issue on Cubase taht covered all of the basics and a chapter on "little used features". I learned quite a bit from it. I think you can order it from their website.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search