The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase 6.0.4 / Artist 6.0.4 / Elements 6.0.4 pre-announcement.
Old 1st September 2011
  #1
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Cubase 6.0.4 / Artist 6.0.4 / Elements 6.0.4 pre-announcement.

From Steinberg.net
Cubase 6.0.4 / Artist 6.0.4 / Elements 6.0.4 pre-announcem.
by Helge Vogt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:42 pm


Dear Cubase 6, Cubase Artist 6 and Cubase Elements 6 users,

Thanks to your help, we identified five critical issues after the release of Cubase 6.0.3 which were resolved in the past weeks. In order to make these improvements available to you as soon as possible, I’m happy to announce that we are going to launch a 6.0.4 update by the middle of next week - as a so-called pre-release version.

Most of you already know by now what “pre-release” means: the update has not completed our full QA testing cycle and is therefore officially unsupported, although our internal preliminary testing indicates that it is stable and reliable. We know that the term “unsupported pre-release” may sound off-putting to the faint-hearted and without doubt there is a trade-off between time and certainty. However, a pre-release allows us to make important improvements available to you very shortly after they have been accomplished and to publicly check if an issue is actually truly resolved on hundreds of different system and OS configurations or if we need to take it back to the drawing board for further fine-tuning.

The 6.0.4 pre-release will resolve the following issues:

1) When using the new-in-6.0.3 “Gridlines in front of parts/events” function, the performance of the User Interface may diminish.

2) When using audio samples as metronome click, toggling the metronome on/off may lead to interruption of audio recordings.

3) When Control Room with more than one Studio bus is active, the metronome click may drop out.

4) Steinberg CI series audio hardware and Yamaha MOX synthesizer specific VST Connection port naming issues under Mac OS X Lion (10.7) systems.

5) Using the Altiverb plug-in or Yamaha MOTIF Editors in a Project together with video material may render the application unreliable.

Please note that we aim to release a fully supported 6.0.5 maintenance update for Cubase 6, Cubase Artist 6 and Cubase Elements 6 in the upcoming months. Of course it will include all of the above listed enhancements plus a handful more.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH


Link : www.steinberg.net • View topic - Cubase 6.0.4 / Artist 6.0.4 / Elements 6.0.4 pre-announcem.
Old 1st September 2011
  #2
Lives for gear
 
matucha's Avatar
... and automation points?
Old 1st September 2011
  #3
Lives for gear
Yikes...optional visible automation points at all times?

Any kind of simplified 'point/move/learn' midi learn function for control surfaces?
Old 7th September 2011
  #4
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

CUBASE 6.0.4 HOTFIX UPDATE RELEASED
Link : Detailview
Old 7th September 2011
  #5
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by matucha View Post
... and automation points?
Of course not. Someones ego might get hurt. Besides...the new and improved way is better...you just haven't seen the light.

Love,

Steinberg
Old 7th September 2011
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
Of course not. Someones ego might get hurt. Besides...the new and improved way is better...you just haven't seen the light.

Love,

Steinberg
"the new and improved" way" suxx.
good looking but usability is bad.
Old 7th September 2011
  #7
Lives for gear
 
TAFKAT's Avatar
 

Quote:
Please note that this hotfix update is an immediate response to issues reported by customers. In order to make these improvements available as soon as possible, the update wasn’t able to go through Steinberg’s entire quality assurance process, although the internal preliminary testing indicates that it is stable and reliable. For this reason, technical support cannot be granted and installation is done at your own risk. The next fully supported 6.0.5 maintenance update will include all of the above listed improvements plus several more.
Maybe its just me but I find the above caveats extremely frustrating and insulting. Their previous "fully supported" updates that have gone thru "Steinbergs entire quality assurance process " haven't been anything to instill any confidence for many, so placing an added caveat is rediculous in my opinion. Its Steinberg simply further distancing themselves from any accountability by pulling the officially unsupported card.

We are 4 updates in on Cubase 6.00 , lets have an overview.

6.01 - " Pre Release" - Unsupported

6.02 - Snap , Crackle, Pop, ASIO spiking for more than a few end users , bush mans hack needed to resolve by manually replacing 6.02 VST3 bundle file with earlier version. Broken backwards compatibility with sessions using bundled Multiband Compressor due to a major code change in that plug that had been working for most for many years . The genius of it all was that they assigned the identical PlugIn ID. A few more but you get the gist.

End users reporting rolling back to earlier versions .

6.03 - Crash and Burn , 5 major flaws identified and acknowledged after release has passed "Steinbergs entire quality assurance process "

End users again reporting rolling back to earlier versions .

6.04 - " Pre Release 9/ Hotfix " - Unsupported

If we are lucky we may actually get an update with 6.05 ( that doesn't break another 5 things after fixing the current batch ) that I can confidently install and recommend to clients and end users.

Am I the only one that is finding that inane ?
Old 7th September 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Jovas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAT View Post
Maybe its just me but I find the above caveats extremely frustrating and insulting. Their previous "fully supported" updates that have gone thru "Steinbergs entire quality assurance process " haven't been anything to instill any confidence for many, so placing an added caveat is rediculous in my opinion. Its Steinberg simply further distancing themselves from any accountability by pulling the officially unsupported card.

We are 4 updates in on Cubase 6.00 , lets have an overview.

6.01 - " Pre Release" - Unsupported

6.02 - Snap , Crackle, Pop, ASIO spiking for more than a few end users , bush mans hack needed to resolve by manually replacing 6.02 VST3 bundle file with earlier version. Broken backwards compatibility with sessions using bundled Multiband Compressor due to a major code change in that plug that had been working for most for many years . The genius of it all was that they assigned the identical PlugIn ID. A few more but you get the gist.

End users reporting rolling back to earlier versions .

6.03 - Crash and Burn , 5 major flaws identified and acknowledged after release has passed "Steinbergs entire quality assurance process "

End users again reporting rolling back to earlier versions .

6.04 - " Pre Release 9/ Hotfix " - Unsupported

If we are lucky we may actually get an update with 6.05 ( that doesn't break another 5 things after fixing the current batch ) that I can confidently install and recommend to clients and end users.

Am I the only one that is finding that inane ?
Cubase 4.5.2 was my first Cubase, I then Grace period upgraded to 5 for 20 bucks, and that was probably the last Steinberg product I ever purchase
Old 8th September 2011
  #9
Yeh, my bum is hurt too.
Old 8th September 2011
  #10
Lives for gear
 
Beyersound's Avatar
Love C6.02, very stable, have no real issues to speak of. Homebuilt computer, much attention to maintenance and detail, Win 7 no updates, 80 plus track mixes with tons of plugins as well as hardware no problem.
Old 8th September 2011
  #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyersound View Post
Love C6.02, very stable, have no real issues to speak of. Homebuilt computer, much attention to maintenance and detail, Win 7 no updates, 80 plus track mixes with tons of plugins no problem.
do not update to .3!
Old 8th September 2011
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Beyersound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik View Post
do not update to .3!
Thank you, .01 wasn't so hot either. Installed it, tried it, uninstalled it immediately. Steinberg was trying to help some users by speeding it along, but I'd rather wait for the "approved" and supported updates. Overall I am much happier with the Yamaha driven support, and will take this DAW over all others any day.
Old 8th September 2011
  #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyersound View Post
Thank you, .01 wasn't so hot either. Installed it, tried it, uninstalled it immediately. Steinberg was trying to help some users by speeding it along, but I'd rather wait for the "approved" and supported updates. Overall I am much happier with the Yamaha driven support, and will take this DAW over all others any day.
I agree, I love my cubase all day over any daw( I have used most)

I am very un-happy with the .3 update and as you know .2 was superb! I hate my need to have the newest...
Old 8th September 2011
  #14
Lives for gear
 
ARIEL's Avatar
I have Cubase 6 but still do everything in Version 5 , only because Line 6 gear box plug in doesn't work in C6 . I use it all the time . But I use 6 for drum editing which is excellent . Other than the line 6 issue it works well for me . Seems stable etc .
Old 8th September 2011
  #15
Lives for gear
 
ARIEL's Avatar
Forgot to add I am running it on XP , which isn't even supported
Old 8th September 2011
  #16
Gear Head
 
TnHillbilly's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyersound View Post
Love C6.02, very stable, have no real issues to speak of. Homebuilt computer, much attention to maintenance and detail, Win 7 no updates, 80 plus track mixes with tons of plugins as well as hardware no problem.
Same here.....have not needed 80 tracks but for what I do ....stable..
Old 8th September 2011
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Jovas's Avatar
Does Cubase allready support VSTi sidechaining?
Old 8th September 2011
  #18
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovas View Post
Does Cubase allready support VSTi sidechaining?

There's vst side chaining.
Why do you want vsti side chaining?
Old 8th September 2011
  #19
Gear Addict
 
DoctorG's Avatar
 

It it ain't broken - don't fix it. My 6.03 is fine. I won't update for feature fixes I don't use. However, its good they fix problems that might be causing pain for other users.
Old 8th September 2011
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Jovas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik31 View Post
There's vst side chaining.
Why do you want vsti side chaining?
To side chain my VSTi's.. Why not..?
Old 9th September 2011
  #21
Lives for gear
 
feck's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorG View Post
It it ain't broken - don't fix it. My 6.03 is fine. I won't update for feature fixes I don't use. However, its good they fix problems that might be causing pain for other users.
Just don't turn off the metronome while recording.....
Old 9th September 2011
  #22
Deleted User #106149
Guest
When in doubt theirs always the trusty and far superior Cubase vst 5/32 score. Discontinued but can find it most places online and its by far Steinberg' best release. SX line was a joke.

Own Cubase 5 aswell and its buggy as hell. Workflow is completely interfered with, supposedly to make life easier for the average user. I find it performing processing on my audio without me doing anything. WTF

Won't be rushing to buy 6 by the looks of things.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Gearslutz.com App
Old 9th September 2011
  #23
Gear Addict
 

I'm still on cubase 5.5, and I won't upgrade to any Cubase version until they do some improvement in the mixer. I like Cubase, but this mixer is so old fashion, and far behind Protool's one IMO.

Anyway I'm glad I've waited before upgrading to C6.
Old 9th September 2011
  #24
fdc
Gear Head
 
fdc's Avatar
yes still C5.5 here. waited till 5 also pretty long. bought it 3 month before the (me thinks pretty short) grace period for C6 started. C6 wont see my harddrive for a while.
Old 9th September 2011
  #25
Update

I currently have Cubase 6.2 and and having no issus to speak of. Also I am using XP. Could this be why???? Should I wait on the .3 and .4 updates? Could it only go downhill? Are there benefits/improvments to upgrading/updating? Or are these only FIXES?

Old 9th September 2011
  #26
I just updated to .4 and am happy.
Old 9th September 2011
  #27
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymackguitar View Post
I currently have Cubase 6.2 and and having no issus to speak of. Also I am using XP. Could this be why???? Should I wait on the .3 and .4 updates? Could it only go downhill? Are there benefits/improvments to upgrading/updating? Or are these only FIXES?

Don't update unless you need to. That is, unless there an update with new features that seem like they would help.

FWIW, C6 is just fine for me and has been since day 1, unlike C4/C5 and 5.1. The automation thing bugs, but I'm getting used to it. I just hope that if they are sticking to this new system, they go all the way with it and expand on the automation viewing possibilities.

For example, if I highlight a section of a track with automation points, let me zoom into that highlighted section automatically so I can make adjustments and type in values directly at those highlighted points.
Old 10th September 2011
  #28
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovas View Post
To side chain my VSTi's.. Why not..?

Could you explain what you mean?
Old 10th September 2011
  #29
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik31 View Post
Could you explain what you mean?
This is useful in VSTis that let you process an input with effects, e.g. the Virus TI Atomizer feature . Personally, I can think of quite a few things that would be more important like easier bounce in place, improved mixer and simpler multitimbral VSTi implementation.

Of course we all have different needs.

P.S.: For me, version 6.02 is rock solid, wont be upgrading until they fix the automation point issue.
Old 10th September 2011
  #30
Lives for gear
 
Jovas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik31 View Post
Could you explain what you mean?
I use the Fabfilter Twin 2 software synthesizer alot, which supports sidechaining. When I use it as a bass, or other prominent sound, I'd like to sidechain it to other dominant elements in the mix to keep things dynamic. I can then setup an envelope generator/follower and let that control the output/filter cut off of Twin 2 according to the side-chain signal. So when the kick plays, the bass ducks or the chords duck..

This saves me another compressor.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump