The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase 6.0.4 / Artist 6.0.4 / Elements 6.0.4 pre-announcement.
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Addict

im running the trial of c6, pretty unreliable on either win7 or xp.

one thing that drives me nuts atm re: the new automation system (i hope someone tells me a workaround for this...) is this: when you have say a volume curve that drops to minus infinity for some lenght of time, you used to be able (c5 and prior) to grab the automation nodes that delimit the drop to volume minus infinity, and, if you felt like, could grab them back up to whatever volume was needed. now however, this only works when those volume nodes aren't at volume 'minus infinity'; it does work when they're at, say, -140dB, because then you can 'scale back' to whatever volume you want. but scaling from the value of 'infinity' to an actual value (quite logically so i guess...) is not possible. the only way to do this (that i found) is to type in the desired volume figure inside the info timeline. this requires extra (annoying) mousing... and cannot be assigned to keycommands.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search