The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase.net moved
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Cubase.net moved

Cubase.net .:::.

Wow, so far for the Steinberg Cubase forums, they will be read only hahahahha.. Time to check out Cubendo forums..
Old 16th December 2010
Deleted User
In typical Steiny fashion, I log into my My Steinberg account, go to the forums and I cant post LOL

Do we need to create another user account on the forum as it doesnt say anywhere??
Old 16th December 2010
Well, as a newbie to STeinberg on a mac I had some serious nightmares with this shift.

To the point, yeah you absolutely have to register your products, as well as your eLicense key. Since everything worked, I assumed I was "registered" but it turns out just my eKey was. So I went to product registration at MySteinberg to fix it and then I could post.

The other problem I had, mac-related, is that Safari and MySteinberg seem to be clashing. Most links from MySteiny shunt me off to a 404 error page! Switching to Firefox resolved this problem, and I was able to get to straighten out registration and get on the new forum.

The really frustrating part is how much of a walled enclave Steinberg itself is. No open email addresses. No phone numbers. No way to inform Steinberg that Mac/Safari were not working right at all, since you couldn't even log into their forums without the registration stuff being sorted out. And I couldn't fix the registry until I tried Firefox - before that it was just an enraging exercise in frustration. It's better now.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Davis View Post
Well, as a newbie to STeinberg on a mac I had some serious nightmares with this shift.

To the point, yeah you absolutely have to register your products, as well as your eLicense key. Since everything worked, I assumed I was "registered" but it turns out just my eKey was. So I went to product registration at MySteinberg to fix it and then I could post.

The other problem I had, mac-related, is that Safari and MySteinberg seem to be clashing. Most links from MySteiny shunt me off to a 404 error page! Switching to Firefox resolved this problem, and I was able to get to straighten out registration and get on the new forum.

The really frustrating part is how much of a walled enclave Steinberg itself is. No open email addresses. No phone numbers. No way to inform Steinberg that Mac/Safari were not working right at all, since you couldn't even log into their forums without the registration stuff being sorted out. And I couldn't fix the registry until I tried Firefox - before that it was just an enraging exercise in frustration. It's better now.
In typical Steinberg fashion they'll get to it when they get to it. heh

The forums crashed on me too using Firefox on a PC
Old 16th December 2010
Deleted User
Got it now, that was funheh
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Seriously fvcked up as usual. I can't login, I can login, I have PMs, I click on em and they disappear, all of em

I just can't be ar5ed with them anymore fuuck
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

I'm not sure why they are saying it's going to be read only..

Ok they say it's going to be archived. Well I hope the new forums will be fun and usefull!
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Got it now, that was funheh
How did you get it to work? I can't login with my MySteinberg info, and the old info from the old Cubase.net forum isn't working either..

Got it working, just login to MySteinberg and create a forum profile with that info
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovas View Post
How did you get it to work? I can't login with my MySteinberg info, and the old info from the old Cubase.net forum isn't working either..
log-in at MySteinberg and follow the "to the forums"- links in there. that way it worked for me. i didnt have to log in seperateley again then. didnt log out since then though...
decided to choose a new nick for the new forum.
the new forum is already FULL of complaints about the new forum not working properly, in just the same way as when a new cubase-update is released.
steinberg really continues to exceed itself.
is it maybe time for my first facepalm ever? i think... yes.

Old 16th December 2010
Gear Addict

I seriously think they hate staying in business, or they like to make it their business to irritate customers.

And I feel like a woman married to man who beats her, but she still thinks life will be worse if she leaves him.

Yes... Steinberg makes me feel like a battered woman.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay M View Post
I hear ya! heh
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

And I feel like a woman married to man who beats her, but she still thinks life will be worse if she leaves him.

lol classic... hopefully they pull something outta there ass with cubase 6, including a decent upgrade path to existing users, else im off to either reaper 4 or PT9.
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Guru

haha nice
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

LOL Yea they treat their customers like little kids or something. That never ceases to amaze me.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I would never admit to that, but yeah...

Boo. Suckfest.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Back to normal now Cubase.net .:::. Index
Old 17th December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:

That's nothing ....

My DAW was Logic 5.51 on a PC .... I'm married to a man that moved another woman in, and makes me watch whilst they make sweet music
together.

ts
Old 21st December 2010
Here for the gear

I wanted to reply to my oun thread on Cu.net but couldn't login. THERE'S NO FREAKING LOGIN LINK TO LOGIN!! OUCH! no message left at the door either!!

I did get some very good help from them fixing stuff for me. So, I figured that the next best way to get reliable info for C-5 is here at gearslutz.com. Actually might be the 1st best place now that this glitch in the Cubase forums adds to the Steinberg support issues I hear people always complaining about.

Here goes, for anyone willing to help me out here and thanks in advance;

pc win 7, 64bit
intel i7 processor 2.93GHz
4gigs ram
C-5.5.2 HSO, (16bit trial)

I have Kontakt 3 and Halion 3, used them both with my previous version of Cubase (C-4 Essential) Today, neither K-3 or Hal 3 will load into the C-5 program. K-3 loads onto the stand-alone player (all samples audable BTW) but won't show in the vsti pane in C-5. Halion 3 won't even load the stand-alone. Am I supposed to "point" the K-3 library contents to Steinberg/Cubase etc..etc..?? Or, should my "very capable" pc see and place the contents it's appropriate location?

I had a similar problem getting the Halion Symphonic Orchestra loaded. Georg Bruns walked me through the process, now I can access them. (I'm not impressed with the 16 bit samples however, especially when the content has to go through a few stages of conversions some, down to mp3 etc.) I won't pay $400 for the 24 bit version of HSO now that all of this is happening.
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

Steinberg only wants registered users to be on the cubase forums, and for good reason. There have been so many who either don't own it, or have a un-registered copy going on there. By doing what they did, it will reduce a lot of the complaining by non registered users. Many company's do the same thing like on the Samplitude forums. And there is a lot less of the whinners on their forums. I for one am happy they did this move. I had no problem going to the steinberg site and getting myself registered for the new forums.
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
Steinberg only wants registered users to be on the cubase forums, and for good reason. There have been so many who either don't own it, or have a un-registered copy going on there. By doing what they did, it will reduce a lot of the complaining by non registered users. Many company's do the same thing like on the Samplitude forums. And there is a lot less of the whinners on their forums. I for one am happy they did this move. I had no problem going to the steinberg site and getting myself registered for the new forums.
I agree. And I also had very little trouble getting to the new forum. The only downside I see is that any body who wants to lurk around and get an idea about a Steinberg product for future purchase won't be able to. That might hurt sales but I guess that is Steinberg's problem.
I know when I am researching new gear or new software I like to get on the forums for that product and get a feel for how people are using it, any compatibility issues, and of course how good the customer service is.
A lot of product forums even have a pre-sales section just for questions for potential buyers.
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
In typical Steiny fashion, I log into my My Steinberg account, go to the forums and I cant post LOL

Do we need to create another user account on the forum as it doesnt say anywhere??
I have exactly the same problem.
I can't login with my old Cubase.net name.
And I can't do it with My Steinberg's login...

I sent an e-mail to Steinberg's support.
No answer.

I'll certainly forget this forum quickly.
Old 21st December 2010
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm66 View Post
I have exactly the same problem.
I can't login with my old Cubase.net name.
And I can't do it with My Steinberg's login...

I sent an e-mail to Steinberg's support.
No answer.

I'll certainly forget this forum quickly.
You have to go to your My Steinberg account at Home*:*Welcome to Steinberg*|*http://www.steinberg.net/ and create a new user name and password, everyone is starting over my friend from post count of 1
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the tip.
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
+1 million !
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwonbass View Post
I agree. And I also had very little trouble getting to the new forum. The only downside I see is that any body who wants to lurk around and get an idea about a Steinberg product for future purchase won't be able to. That might hurt sales but I guess that is Steinberg's problem.
I know when I am researching new gear or new software I like to get on the forums for that product and get a feel for how people are using it, any compatibility issues, and of course how good the customer service is.
A lot of product forums even have a pre-sales section just for questions for potential buyers.
You can view most of the forums without having a login. Steinberg hides the lounges if you are not logged in.

You can also create a profile in Steinberg's my steinberg to gain some access to post questions in the "Welcome to Steinberg" forums.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search