The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase 5.5 DAW Software
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug hazelrigg View Post
Has this update for Cubase 5 fixed the Rewire problems? All the other DAWs work flawlessly with Rewire -- except Cubase 5
Rewire works great for me, always has. What problems are you having?

Only gripe I got about rewire in Cubase is it still don't support stereo rewire, only mono (except 1st channel which is stereo). I causes me to do extra work to create projects that use more tracks than should be needed.... :(( I wish they would fix that though.
Old 21st April 2010
LQM
Lives for gear

Rewire works fine for me. I rewire Ableton Live and Renoise into Cubase all the time with no issues in C5.

Sidechaining - VST3 allows this. The latest Waves (v7) plugins are available in VST3, Fabfilter Pro-C also comes with a VST3 version. For sidechaining purposes, the inbuilt Cubase Compressor works just fine.

For VST 2.x you have to use the workarounds.

WiseG definately needs to change his DAW and also take a chill pill, nothing but Steinberg bashing in every post I read.

The timestretching will probably be improved in C6, but Sonar's timestretching is no better. DAWS which use Izotope Radius or Elastique Pro (with formant preservation) are slightly better but most timewarping doesn't sound good stretched more than a few BPM anyway. The Variaudio feature in C5 uses Elastique Solo, the monophonic version of Elastique Pro.

The windows resizing can be a bit of a pain, I agree, but this in itself it not a sufficient reason to give up on a DAW and go through the financial hit and all the time it will take to learn a new system.

Reaper has much to commend it, but still lacks some features such as scoring, MIDI Logical editor, no groove quantization and lots of other little bits and pieces. I have Reaper and I use it for mobile recording, but still prefer Cubase. There is now a demo for Cubase 5 available BTW.

Sonar has it's faults too, if you think the grass is greener there then hitch your wagon to your horses and giddy-up !
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephonic View Post
One thing that has stopped from upgrading to Cubase 5 this year is because I fear that I may fork out 200 bucks just to find that Cubase 6 will be released later this year or early next year. That would likely cost me another 200, so for now I'm staying put with 4.5.2 and when 6 comes I'll upgrade. It kind of sucks, because I could really use some of the features that 5 comes with.

I paid more than 800 euro for C4 in 2007. C5 costs 600 euro and an upgrade is 200 euro. Now if I were to get C5 and assuming that an upgrade to a future C6 will also be 200 euro, I would spent 1200 euro on software that may just be 600 euro when bought new.

This sort of upgrade paths do not encourage brand loyalty, to say the least. I understand that everybody needs to get paid, but I feel that Steinberg should have a more attractive upgrade path for return customers. Like I pay 200 for the first upgrade, but only 100 for the second etc.

I read somewhere else that Digidesign has had a very consistent and reasonable upgrade policy, perhaps that is one of the reasons why they have held on to their no.1 spot for so long.

I first bought Cubase VST 3.7 back in 1999, so it's not like I just jumped in 3 years ago.
Ive had this exact same experience and its pissed me off big time

started on vst3.7 upgraded to sx1 for $800(australian) sx1 was buggy as ****, hung around then about 9 months later upgraded to sx2 for $300, sx2 was pretty good.

about 3 months after i upgraded to sx2 steinberg bring out this deal where any previous version of cubase back to atari days etc can upgrade to sx for $250 so my mate that i was writing music with uopgrades to sx2 from vst for $250 whereas ive paid $1100 within a year iwas PISSED.

any way stuck with sx2 till acouple of years ago when i tried to upgrade to cubase4 (just after they did that big bug fix) it was gonna cost i think around$700!! i was pissed but ordered it anyway. The shop called back a week later and said i couldnt upgrade at this time "why" "oh... ummmm... cant really say" - (it was because cubase 5 was about to be released) so cubase 5 gets released and i go to upgrade - the list price for the upgrade from sx2 to cubase5 was something like $900 (a brand new boxed version is like $950 or something) the shop said they could just do me a better priced on new boxed copy cos theres more margin in it for then than the upgrades, - i said dont bother.

im still running sx2 - Steinberg need to get their **** together its like the never ending story with them SAME OLD **** OVER AND OVER AND OVER.....................................................................
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

If your listening Steinberg, PLEASE fix the mute and solo buttons.

I find it mind numbing that I have to individually click every track's mute or solo button if they are not in a folder.

It seems to me like this is a really easy thing to fix...click mute on one track, hold shift and click on any other track an all the tracks inbetween are also muted...or select the tracks first using shift, and then simply click mute on one of them and they all mute. Or use Logic's approach and simply click and drag over the mute buttons like you would on a physical console. (everything I said for mute applies to the solo button as well). Is it just me who would this extremely time saving?

Also, I would love to see an "undo" function on the mixer window...I hate having to memorize fader positions or pan settings before I want to experiment with something slightly different. Also I hate losing my edit history after the project has been saved and closed...drives me bonkers sometimes.

Also....if you power a 'send' on a track that is soloed, why do you have to unsolo and resolo the track in order to hear the newly applied send? Why not just automatically solo the send along with the track...ovbiously you want to hear the send with the soloed track otherwise you wouldn't have powered it on!

Anyone with me? It seems to me like this would require very little programming effort yet would drastically improve workflow. I would much rather basic improvements like this than anything fancy or new built in plugins. If I want new plugins, I will buy them. I'm lookig for a DAW that is the most efficent tool possible that allows me to get down to creating music...is that too much to ask?
Old 21st April 2010
LQM
Lives for gear

Every DAW company has done a special at some time which pissed people off, look at Logic, not only did Apple bundle all the premium 'platinum' paid instruments such as Space Designer into Logic for free when they took it over AS WELL as stopping production on the PC platform, they also slashed the price from Logic Pro 7 to Logic Studio 8 in half and included a whole bunch of extra stuff like Soundtrack Pro and Mainstage for free too. If you bought Emagic Logic Platinum Pro 5 with the add ons, and then upgraded from 6 to 7 and paid $399 for the upgrade (with the program still retailing at $969), and then they release Logic STudio 8 at $499 with some excellent free add-on programs, you'd be annoyed too but life happens ...

It's like that in real life too, car companies, especially ones who end up in the dumper for some reason suddenly slash 30% of their prices, or offer 0% interest.

You can blame Steinberg for software inadequecies but not for doing competitive market pricing/incentive strategies !
Old 21st April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai View Post
Cubase/Nuendo playback engine sounds different than the Bounce/Mixdown engine.
Bounce engine better sound, but you mix
I didn't hear of any speak about the audio engines. Did I miss something? And that sounds to me more likely an issue with your monitor chain not the audio engine.
Old 21st April 2010
LQM
Lives for gear

Post Audio clips conducted under proper test conditions (pref with screenshots), or it didn't happen ...
Old 21st April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
As a user of C5.1, and after checking the 5.5 announcenment, I must say that I'm deceived, once again... What about :

- The broken VST2.x compatibility (no fxp/fxb savings) ?
- The clumsy windows management with the dreaded resizing of the project window and erratic VST plug-ins display ? Don't tell me about the workspaces : it's as clumsy as can be...
- The vst/trackpresets mess all mixed in something absolutely confusing : vstpresets and trackpresets should be clearly separated and easily accessible. This without speaking of the new trackpresets saving bug...
- The horrible mediabay with its disappearing/reappearing presets, endless scanning processes to view what you know is on your disk and hierarchic tree view completely confusing ? What I see is only a cosmetic fix...
- The lack of a decent timestretching tool (think I've tried all the algorithms ; none of them work decently for only few percents timestretching of a rythmic guitar clip) ?
- The lack of decent comping tool ?

All this is making me switch to Sonar 8.5, for the best or the worst (still waiting for it...). After more than 3 years since Cubase 4.0.x release (I've been using Cubase since the SL/SX2 days) and looking back, I find that I haven't been creative enough, afraid of tweaking all my plug-ins at disposal with the fear of not being able to retrieve what I saved, thanks to the awful mediabay/VST3 presets management.

I tried to get used to it, expecting and hoping for improvements at each update, but now I'm fed up. I just want to use everything at full potential without second thoughts.

So, I guess that I'll install C5.5 (I still have Cubase projects to edit), but Steinberg won't have a single cent from me if they don't fix in C6 at least the VST 2.x compatibility, the windows management (with dockable views), this with with decent timestretching algorithms and an usable presets handling.

lol !!

cubase is really a all in one package the internal plugs cool and really usefull it s my main daw...
the only thing that dissapoint me is the timing of bugfixes....
it s the most important thing to have stable daw....
i m back @ 4.52 and tried now reaper and bought it...it is a great lil programm with a helpful community!!!
i m not sure if i buy another update...
maybe we should stop betatesting
and buy only X.5 versions
okay that what i m gonna do...
Old 21st April 2010
Lives for gear

george...

that all songs in one track is killer on the cpu.. i used to work that way

now i get it all set up and save a template file before we hit record.
open that up for every song.
save the mixer settings from the best song, and open them in all other songs.

works just as well and keeps everything cleaner, more organized.
plus you can do little tweaks (at the clients expense, of course), and have saved recall of all of these.

gl
Old 21st April 2010
LQM
Lives for gear

Cubase 5 is a very stable application for the majority of people running it. Very few people owning C5 are running older versions due to glitches AFAIK, certainly as a ratio of posts at the CB.net forum.

I like Reaper too, and own it but it's more like my backup program as I prefer the extra functionality and GUI of Cubase (to be fair, I've been using Cubase since the Atari ST so could be called 'set in my ways'). If you spend a long time setting Reaper up carefully to your workflow, it is a very powerful program and I would take it over the basic versions of Cubase (such as Essential 5) any day.
Old 22nd April 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQM View Post

WiseG definately needs to change his DAW and also take a chill pill, nothing but Steinberg bashing in every post I read.

The windows resizing can be a bit of a pain, I agree, but this in itself it not a sufficient reason to give up on a DAW and go through the financial hit and all the time it will take to learn a new system.
as a paying customer can i not not air my views, or express my own opinion?

i have had enough of being strung along by steinberg and all there nonsense pr talk, cubase 5 is not win 7 compatible even yet they advertise it as compatible,

the gui disappearing when holding the mouse down for longer then 3 seconds adjust or tweaking parametres.

what i hear "turn aero off" no no other daw is affected by this expect cubase.

there dreadful vst bridge which was wrapped in the worst false advertisement i have seen.

you even agree about the windows resizing as a problem , yet steinberg insist its a feature, what a load of b*llsh*t.

instead of focusing on the existing long standing customers they choose to try and cater for loop based mickey mouse i want to make music producers,

i want fixes, i want seamless workflow,

i will not be forced to to pay for more incarnations of cubase to have fix's for long standing problems.

and if that means taking a sledge hammer to my dongle and downloading a better no dongle version of cubase to have my fixes that i am entitled to so be it.
Old 22nd April 2010
LQM
Lives for gear

Of course you're entitled to complain fella.

However, you do nothing BUT complain. Therefore, if I were in your shoes, I would already have moved on. You can often get discounted 'cross grade' pricing on other DAWS. Try out Sonar and Samplitude perhaps, or Studio One or Reaper.

Yes, some of your complaints are certainly valid, but it obviously affects you more than most CB users. I agree the window GUI thing is not a 'feature' but a bug, but this in itself doesn't make me want to switch DAWS. I agree that forum mods who are effectively the voice of Steinberg can seem gruff and ignorant at times. So, if 5.5 doesn't fix what rankles with you then moving on would be your best choice IMHO.
Old 22nd April 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQM View Post
Of course you're entitled to complain fella.

However, you do nothing BUT complain. Therefore, if I were in your shoes, I would already have moved on. You can often get discounted 'cross grade' pricing on other DAWS. Try out Sonar and Samplitude perhaps, or Studio One or Reaper.

Yes, some of your complaints are certainly valid, but it obviously affects you more than most CB users. I agree the window GUI thing is not a 'feature' but a bug, but this in itself doesn't make me want to switch DAWS. I agree that forum mods who are effectively the voice of Steinberg can seem gruff and ignorant at times. So, if 5.5 doesn't fix what rankles with you then moving on would be your best choice IMHO.

your very much a pro steinberg guy,

and while i have been using cubase for near to 10 years, im simply fed up with sb's atitude twoards its long standing customers any one that opens there mouth on there oficial forums gets the boot, the last guy that got the boot was hippo and he was there on those same forums for years.

there are many flaws in cubase and yet we are treated as fools,

5.5 wont fix none of the issues i have highlighted as they would take a majour overhaul even a complete rewrite to do,

better multi-threading, cubase as it stands has the worst multithreading capabilities out of all daws, i own reaper, i have tried various others at differnt work places.

steinberg are fading away into the distance and they relise this and bring out new incarnations of cubase with useless apps for producers that do not need the loopmash's, groove agents, bigger beats and all the rest of that non sense,

like i said before i wont be giving steinberg any money towards useless incarnations of the same with added bloat.
Old 22nd April 2010
LQM
Lives for gear

That's fine.

So show that you mean it and that these are not hollow words and move on. The CB.net forum is full of people who constantly complain and have been complaining since SX1 and threatening to dump the DAW, who are still there 8 years later, still upgrading and still complaining ...

I own Reaper too but I'm not ready to move to it as my primary DAW.

Until recently, I worked with Logic and PTHD on a daily basis at work (was laid off a while ago after 8 years), and trust me, Logic has many issues too.

Like I said, you have options. Reaper is one - or Sonar, Studio One, Samplitude, etc on a crossgrade license should save you a few hundred bucks.

I have my gripes with SB. I have had messages deleted and been given a warning by Chris B. about forum conduct and being banned before. For over a year, I switched much of my music production (at home) to Ableton Live instead of upgrading to Cubase 4. I am not a total fanboy. However, with some minor peeves aside, I am loving Cubase 5.
Old 22nd April 2010
hrm hrm hrm..

you guys make start thinking. well I have no problem with my CPU/HD (sometimes I struggle with too many cuts and I have to render the file, but I do that anyway).

I do not work a lot with external synths or vst instruments.

but.. except ath I agree that I should give it a try again.

btw.. I used samplitude 10 yesterday again and it feels a lot better. more stable, better interaction.. but I am not used to the object editor.. have to learn that. you get used to a tool (I am on cubase since.. 3.5.. 10 years?)

cheers & thank you guys for the input.
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disjointed View Post
george...

that all songs in one track is killer on the cpu.. i used to work that way

now i get it all set up and save a template file before we hit record.
open that up for every song.
save the mixer settings from the best song, and open them in all other songs.

works just as well and keeps everything cleaner, more organized.
plus you can do little tweaks (at the clients expense, of course), and have saved recall of all of these.

gl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversounds View Post
would be easier to do one song then:

"Save project to new folder" (copying files) with a different name.
Then simply delete all files created through pool.

You still get the track configurations, vsts, midi channels (if any) and you would have a very organized client main folder with each track in a separate subfolder. Easy to export and find takes.

I only do all songs in one project when i'm recording but still i usually go "saving projects to new folders" function.
Old 24th April 2010
Gear Nut

Well, I received Sonar since my last post (#91) and I am enjoying it, especially the dockable views and the presets management, the quicker launching and others. But I am already missing some of Cubase features, i.e. the ability to easily set the whole project tempo to an improvisation thanks to the linear time base feature, the free routing capabilities, the input tracks, the input transformer...

So, I have mixed impression about all this : Sonar is great in its own way (rock stable, as Cubase by the way...), but I still feel like more 'at home' with Cubase, features and tools layout related. I already found workarounds for Sonar limitations but still need at least few weeks (or months ?) to get automatisms to use Sonar efficiently.

I'm not into 'Cubase bashing' and supported Steiny for many years. But, again, the broken VST 2.x compatibility with the mediabay/vst/trackpresets mess is not understandable, IMO. I can do (and did...) with all the other flaws, but not with this one, at present, if I need to create and save new presets for my plug-ins. And I don't think that the 5.5 update will bring any improvement, considering this.

But I have to admit that if I had to start a project right now, I'd probably be using Cubase...
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

I don't think Steinberg care much about us. Maybe if I was Madonna's producer or a member of the Black Eyed Peas they might listen to me, but I am not. I wonder what famous producers use and whether they bother to report bugs and participate in the forums. Surely they suffer as much as we do!

The 5.5 update is a bit of a joke. "Updated versions of LoopMash", seriously, what a bloody joke... Any bugs related to LoopMash wouldn't be there if LoopMash hadn't been created in the first place. And YES, we users do not miss features we don't need, but we DO MISS simple workflow-enhancing features that we keep requesting and are never added. Do Steinberg do any market research at all? I thought the Cubase forum was for that! What about per-plugin undo and mixer undo stack? What about Mackie Control protocol that actually works (it does with every other DAW out there, not with Cubase). These are extremely easy to fix, I know that Steinberg devs are extremely talented people, but they are too busy accommodating Steinberg's corporate needs rather than the user needs. I'd gladly pay 200 GBP for an update if it was worth it. Unfortunately I feel like a few years ago when I bought an album CD with one track I liked and 12 other tracks that sucked. I say: Steinberg focus on making the FINEST DAW in the world and drop the crap, coz you can do it. Instead of making money by having too many products, have just two or three products, be the best at them and charge twice as much for them. That's fine by me. I'd gladly pay 1000 GBP for Cubase if tech support listened and participated in the forum, and devs themselves got involved too, and if feature requests and bug reports were taken on board. What a losing battle isn't it?? Wenever I post on the Cubase forum, it feels like a message in a bottle.
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
I don't think Steinberg care much about us. Maybe if I was Madonna's producer or a member of the Black Eyed Peas they might listen to me, but I am not. I wonder what famous producers use and whether they bother to report bugs and participate in the forums. Surely they suffer as much as we do!

The 5.5 update is a bit of a joke. "Updated versions of LoopMash", seriously, what a bloody joke... Any bugs related to LoopMash wouldn't be there if LoopMash hadn't been created in the first place. And YES, we users do not miss features we don't need, but we DO MISS simple workflow-enhancing features that we keep requesting and are never added. Do Steinberg do any market research at all? I thought the Cubase forum was for that! What about per-plugin undo and mixer undo stack? What about Mackie Control protocol that actually works (it does with every other DAW out there, not with Cubase). These are extremely easy to fix, I know that Steinberg devs are extremely talented people, but they are too busy accommodating Steinberg's corporate needs rather than the user needs. I'd gladly pay 200 GBP for an update if it was worth it. Unfortunately I feel like a few years ago when I bought an album CD with one track I liked and 12 other tracks that sucked. I say: Steinberg focus on making the FINEST DAW in the world and drop the crap, coz you can do it. Instead of making money by having too many products, have just two or three products, be the best at them and charge twice as much for them. That's fine by me. I'd gladly pay 1000 GBP for Cubase if tech support listened and participated in the forum, and devs themselves got involved too, and if feature requests and bug reports were taken on board. What a losing battle isn't it?? Wenever I post on the Cubase forum, it feels like a message in a bottle.
I agree with most of what you say but in defense of Steinberg they do need to introduce new things into the program to appeal to new users.Also there are things they have implemented like batch export and freeze.
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Cubase 5 won´t ever be even 64-bit for OS X. Lousy multicore support and performance, bugs and so on... Instead they just keep adding cute little useless featuress, that no one wants to see.

Steinberg is totally falling behind in technology. Goddamn Germans! Makes me want to switch. Like American "democracy", they do exactly the opposite what people really want!

dfegad Steinberg
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob800 View Post
Cubase 5 won´t ever be even 64-bit for OS X. Lousy multicore support and performance, bugs and so on... Instead they just keep adding cute little useless featuress, that no one wants to see.

Steinberg is totally falling behind in technology. Goddamn Germans! Makes me want to switch. Like American "democracy", they do exactly the opposite that people really want!

dfegad Steinberg
B.S.

Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaidon View Post
B.S.

Not B.S. Only truth.
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom View Post
IAlso there are things they have implemented like batch export and freeze.
That is very true, however I don't think new features appeal to new users. Personally, if I was a new user I'd be looking for three things:

1. Rock-solid reliability
2. Good tech support and active forum partitipation
3. Focus on workflow

If I am at my local store and they tell me that Cubase has this and that cool feature, but tech support sucks and workflow is so-so, compared to a leaner, more reliable DAW that's intuitive and encourages experimentation (by having PLUGIN UNDO for example), I'd go for the latter.

They could also propose new features on forums to see what the response is. The competition might copy them though, so maybe not a good idea, although it is really only a matter of time before they do anyway...

However, at this point in time DAWs are already pretty good in terms of what they can achieve. The problem is HOW they achieve it, not WHAT they achieve. I often have to find workarounds to do what I want to do. For example, in Cubase I have to save a plugin I am about to tweak as a preset, in case I want to revert to the previous state. Many other DAWs offer plugin Undo. I am currently downloading Samplitude 11. If it has plugin undo, it might be byebye-Cubase I am afraid. (Edit: Just tested it and it doesn't have plugin undo. I have to say Samplitude is not as intuitive as Cubase. FL Studio, Live, REAPER and Reason all have plugin undo... I am going mad).

Going back to my LoopMash rant, well, what is LoopMash exactly? It's a piece of software that you dump a loop into, tweak a couple of things and HOPE it will sound nice. It should have been called LuckyDip. We might as well have Cubase arrange the whole track for us, right? All this shouldn't even be bundled with Cubase. It should be available as a separate download that perhaps only runs on Cubase (so that buying the DAW is compelling for those who like the downloadable extras).

We don't want new features, we want things to work, then add the new features.
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoox View Post
We don't want new features, we want things to work, then add the new features.
Amen.
Old 4th May 2010

Scoox, i agree with every thing you have said, its a real shame this company doesnt listen.
I have been using this software since 1998 on an Atari ST, i have seen it change and in many ways, some better some worse, the add gimmics, then they drop them after a few years,
i like reaper, but im im still at home on Cubase, its home to me, but it upsets me that steinberg mess it around so much adding junk and making it cluncky, If only they would stream line it, and make it smaller, get rid of all the junk.

VST3 great, but why cant we move pluigins to a folder we want them in, its messy. i hate mass like that. I like the freeze tracks, but i would like a print plugin track button that is destructive, bouncing down and importing does not sound the same, i swere it. Plus i might want to keep all the send and mixer automation in tack!

What about all my presets, where the hell are they, if i reinstall what about a simple back export of all MY PRESETS, i dont care about the billions of presets cubase, has, i want to delate them, i just want MY PRESETS THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tringboy View Post
...it upsets me that steinberg mess it around so much adding junk and making it cluncky, If only they would stream line it, and make it smaller, get rid of all the junk.

What about all my presets, where the hell are they, if i reinstall what about a simple back export of all MY PRESETS, i dont care about the billions of presets cubase, has, i want to delate them, i just want MY PRESETS THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Amen again.
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tringboy View Post
VST3 great, but why cant we move pluigins to a folder we want them in, its messy. i hate mass like that. I like the freeze tracks, but i would like a print plugin track button that is destructive, bouncing down and importing does not sound the same, i swere it. Plus i might want to keep all the send and mixer automation in tack!

haha - i feel you ... but as far as i know steinberg organizes all files just the way the windows standards are. they are not the ones to blame ...

beside that i still think cubase 5 is the best cubase ever.
maybe i am just lucky, but i never had any problems since v.5.

anyway, when ever i think the grass is greener on the other side, i go and take a look at the forums of all the other daw companies. and it seems that all of them have "problems" in one way or the other ....
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom View Post
I agree with most of what you say but in defense of Steinberg they do need to introduce new things into the program to appeal to new users.Also there are things they have implemented like batch export and freeze.
To this I will add that new users don't care whether the software has new features becasue to them ALL features are new (both the old ones and the new ones). Perhaps you mean "features that the competition does not have". Well, here is a little feature pretty much everyone forgot to add: good tech support and user friendliness.

Forums like this speak truth, and if every forum did nothing but praise Cubase, no doubt Cubase would be flying off the shelves. All DAWs have problems, but only Steinberg seem to respond to user feedback with arrogance and negligence. What puzzles me is that, with so much bad press as I and other users are giving Cubase, Steinberg seem to be doing nothing about it. In all honesty, it only takes a couple of bad posts telling truth for new users to have second thoughts.

The day Steinberg get their act together I am going to marry a woman, have a son and call him Cubendo Fernandez.
Old 4th May 2010
Lives for gear

A funny post from from the Cubase forum about LoopMash:

I looked at it once. The thing is a complete and total mystery to me. I have no idea what it does or what it is for. It's seems to be about as far from intuitive as you can get. I can usually figure how to use plugins without RTFM... but this thing, even the manual baffled me. I think it must be for people with younger brains... or at least brains that work differently to mine.

LMFAOheh
Old 4th May 2010
kdp
Lives for gear

Cubase is getting too bloaty.Get rid of loopmash and all these DJ gizmos. Eveyrtime I open up the mixer I get a headache.Buttons and options for miles.
Old 5th May 2010
Gear Addict

what does this new audio warp timeline feature do? does it let one select a track for the sensitivity of all tracks?? similar to pt so that there are no phase problems? anyone??

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search