The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cubase 5.5 DAW Software
Old 17th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Prod View Post
The entire thing about having to force quit every time I close a project is getting old fast. Any idea if switching to J-Bridge will help with this? Again I am running Cubase 5.5 64 bit on Windows 7 with VI's such as Kontakt and BFD2 etc.
I have this problem with Cubase 5.0, I haven't yet updated as I am waiting for my new DAW pc to arrive and will then reinstall all my drivers. I am hoping it clears the problem, as everytime I close Cubase after a session, I have to ctrl alt delete, and force close cubase in the task manager in win 7.

It is definately something to do with some drivers as it never happened until i installed the M Audio Midisport 4x4. I am hoping this problem goes away in my new DAW as it is extremely annoying.
Old 17th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter H. Boer View Post
Does this also happen if:
- first cntrl-s
- then press X to close the project
- then press X to close Cubase
?
Yes, it happens even if i save, then close the project first and then close cubase. I can close a project and start up a new project no problem, it is when i close Cubase as a whole that it hangs for literally hours.
Old 17th July 2010

Rather than starting my own thread - as their are a few Cubase users looking at this one I wondered ....

As I have come from Logic Pro to Cubase 5 for mixing and recording, I am missing a few things from Logic's mixer.

Logic's mixer would let you select several channels and move ALL their FX sends at once (even if they where are different values) so that if you wanted to adjust all the drums tracks to have 2dB more reverb you could select ALL the drum tracks and raise the reverb FX sends releative to each other.

In other words if the Snare had 5dB of FX send and the OH 1dB after selecting ALL the drum tracks and raising the FX send on just one track by 2dB now the SD would be 7dB and the OH 3dB.

I see no way of doing this in Cubase 5.5 - am I missing something.

Can I link FX sends = like I did in Logic?

Thanks
Trebor
Old 18th July 2010
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Flow View Post
Rather than starting my own thread - as their are a few Cubase users looking at this one I wondered ....

As I have come from Logic Pro to Cubase 5 for mixing and recording, I am missing a few things from Logic's mixer.

Logic's mixer would let you select several channels and move ALL their FX sends at once (even if they where are different values) so that if you wanted to adjust all the drums tracks to have 2dB more reverb you could select ALL the drum tracks and raise the reverb FX sends releative to each other.

In other words if the Snare had 5dB of FX send and the OH 1dB after selecting ALL the drum tracks and raising the FX send on just one track by 2dB now the SD would be 7dB and the OH 3dB.

I see no way of doing this in Cubase 5.5 - am I missing something.

Can I link FX sends = like I did in Logic?

Thanks
Trebor
No, you just could link the selected mixer tracks volume (without the option on the Mixer to stay on top).

The link and group management à lá Logic or Protools is being requested to Cubendo many times...
Steinberg said that are working on that for a later Nuendo 5 big update...
Hope to see that on C6 too.
Old 18th July 2010
Gear Addict
+1 for safe lock

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search