Cubase 11?
Old 12th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...f=307&t=202314

"Steinberg President issues the following statement on activation issues
Unread post by Matthias Quellmann Β» Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Dear Cubase customers,

As you most probably have noticed, our license servers have been struggling with the overwhelming demand that has led to problems for many of you activating purchased update and full licenses since yesterday's release of Cubase 11.

We are sincerely sorry for letting you down like this, especially at a time that should be special and full of enjoyment, for you as our loyal customer but also for us as a company who have been working hard to release this version in these challenging times.
Our system was unable to cope with the many activations in this short period of time, and we have to admit to ourselves that our license management system as it stands has reached its capacity limits.

Rest assured, however, that no license has been lost.

In order to defuse the situation we have decided to interrupt the sale of new updates until the previously purchased updates have been processed by our license management system. For all of you who have not yet purchased but would like to do so, we kindly ask you to wait and check the Cubase website again for update availability.

Yours truly,

Andreas
President of Steinberg"
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick66 View Post
Doesn't answer all of your questions, but the removal of a plosive impressed me. Saw this kind of thing done years ago in a mastering session and always wanted it built into cubase. The full spectral-layers didn't seem stable last time I tried, but this looks very useful. Don't know how sophisticated the selection tools are, that will be key.

Thanks, this does show a little more than vocal removal. Unfortunately, he never goes into the 'process' menu though.

I'm also very curious about the ability to adjust clip gain and add/remove/adjust fades on clips that have Spectralayers applied. FWIW, I have Nuendo and demoed SL earlier this year and one of the biggest drawbacks for me was the fact that once you applied SL, you could NOT adjust clip gain, fades, etc. However, I was told that functionality was coming so curious where that stands.
Deleted 222f60c
Quote:
Originally Posted by krevvy View Post
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...f=307&t=202314

"Steinberg President issues the following statement on activation issues
Unread post by Matthias Quellmann Β» Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Dear Cubase customers,

As you most probably have noticed, our license servers have been struggling with the overwhelming demand that has led to problems for many of you activating purchased update and full licenses since yesterday's release of Cubase 11.

We are sincerely sorry for letting you down like this, especially at a time that should be special and full of enjoyment, for you as our loyal customer but also for us as a company who have been working hard to release this version in these challenging times.
Our system was unable to cope with the many activations in this short period of time, and we have to admit to ourselves that our license management system as it stands has reached its capacity limits.

Rest assured, however, that no license has been lost.

In order to defuse the situation we have decided to interrupt the sale of new updates until the previously purchased updates have been processed by our license management system. For all of you who have not yet purchased but would like to do so, we kindly ask you to wait and check the Cubase website again for update availability.

Yours truly,

Andreas
President of Steinberg"
Well, that is very honest, and..... presidential...
Old 12th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm in as well. After trying a couple of times the elicenser procedure was incomplete and a recovery procedure fixed it.

I saw that somebody mentioned improvements in multi-core performance but I don't know if it applies to Mac and/or PC. In the past I had issues with my 14-core CPU that I managed to solve by diving in the registry. But I do hope they have fixed that in such a way that it works right out of the box. If so I may consider upgrading the CPU since the new AMD 5950X is a speedy motherbuzzer.
Old 20th November 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I try to upgrade and see the price 99 bucks, but when i press "checkout" this price magically becomes 99 Euro))) Kinda bad trick)
Old 20th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Or they could send it out with 30 days trial period while they get their license servers sorted. When a company has once a year revenue type events like an upgrade, its an utter disaster to curb the initial enthusiasm of a newly released product by selling it and being unable to deliver it. It also makes them look like they don't know enough about computer technology--and wonder what other corners they are cutting. So, unmitigated disaster. I am sure things will get ironed out eventually.

One thing I see in tech is that companies can save money by laying off expensive technical staff--and it seems like a good decision until something happens and the organization can't put together a strong team to address it.

Its cute how he blames it on 'unprecedented demand'. I don't see this 11 as very interesting over 10.5, so hard to imagine it has more demand than 10.5 which I though had a lot more to offer. I am happy enough with steinberg products, but in my working career I have seen a lot of executive BS to recognize it here.

I wonder if someone at steinberg saved some money by not upgrading the license servers. When managers do not have a technical background they understand cutting costs but not investing in the future.
Old 20th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzi View Post
Or they could send it out with 30 days trial period while they get their license servers sorted.
Well no, they couldn't. They need the license server to give out demo licenses. (And there is no demo version yet anyway. There never is until the first update).

The servers were overloaded for a few days only.

I could buy, download and install C11 on Monday. No license issues at all. Everything went through in seconds.

I just tried doing an eLicenser maintenance right now. It went through in seconds also. It seems the problems are long solved.

Quote:
When a company has once a year revenue type events like an upgrade, its an utter disaster to curb the initial enthusiasm of a newly released product by selling it and being unable to deliver it. It also makes them look like they don't know enough about computer technology--and wonder what other corners they are cutting. So, unmitigated disaster. I am sure things will get ironed out eventually.
I doubt it will have any long term impact on sales. I doubt it will even have any short term impact. Certainly not an unmitigated disaster. Much ado about nothing really.

Quote:
Its cute how he blames it on 'unprecedented demand'. I don't see this 11 as very interesting over 10.5, so hard to imagine it has more demand than 10.5 which I though had a lot more to offer. I am happy enough with steinberg products, but in my working career I have seen a lot of executive BS to recognize it here.
More people at home, less social activities, people are bored, more demand. Simple really. You are really over thinking things.

Alistair
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
More people at home, less social activities, people are bored, more demand. Simple really. You are really over thinking things.

Alistair
C'mon Alistair, you know this forum doubles as Hyperboleslutz.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasfera View Post
I try to upgrade and see the price 99 bucks, but when i press "checkout" this price magically becomes 99 Euro))) Kinda bad trick)
Works fine in LA. Which city/state are you in?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Dusseldorf under VPN.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasfera View Post
Dusseldorf under VPN.
But you're in Dusseldorf so you should be paying Euro.

So if I understand correctly Steinberg is the bad guy because they won't let you defraud the system?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It's a worthwhile update to me. Pretty big Cubase fan after only a year or so of using it.

I do wish Steinberg would realize how many of us need to supply multiple versions of a mix, and put them in a queue and go get coffee. They could do that by allowing us to choose Mix Snapshots in the new Export dialog (vocals up, vocals down, instrumental, back vocals only, etc). It's every bit as useful as the now possible method of exporting stems in a queue.

But of course they would have to go back and fix mixer snapshots so they included mutes

Last edited by oceantracks; 23rd November 2020 at 11:36 PM..
Old 21st November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
..Simple really. You are really over thinking things.

Alistair
Quite, quite. Your complete speculation certainly trumped my complete speculation.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
its an utter disaster
Quote:
So, unmitigated disaster.
I'll reserve those types of characterizations to things like the current pandemic... or worse...

..not that anyone asked my opinion about your opinion...
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Updated from C10 a few days ago. Everything went smooth. No problems with servers or anything, even tho i have pretty slow internet in my studio.

Nice little workflow improvements everywhere. I like it
Old 21st November 2020
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I had been using Elements 10.5 and was liking it a lot but getting the ability to side chain was enough for me to pay the $44AU upgrade cost to go to 11. Upgraded this morning with no issues at all.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildschwein View Post
I had been using Elements 10.5 and was liking it a lot but getting the ability to side chain was enough for me to pay the $44AU upgrade cost to go to 11. Upgraded this morning with no issues at all.
That's useful info, I think I'll upgrade my Elements license also then.

I bought Elements a couple years back to use as my travel DAW (ie, no dongle) and was able to get around many of the limitations by creative routing using things such as MUX by MuTools. However, I eventually conceded it was a faff and resorted to Live instead.

One of my favourite features in 10.5 was the ability to import tracks from different projects. This was a gamechanger in terms of workflow. Does anybody know if this allows importing Elements tracks into Pro (obviously not for the tracks where functionality isn't compatible)? This would then convert me back to Elements for road use. Please, please say it's possible :D
Old 23rd November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I would have thought it wouldn't be an issue. Maybe one to float over in the Steinberg forum for confirmation.
Old 23rd November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Looks like a nice update that many people will find useful. I'm on v10 and I can't see anything in this update that will screams out to me that i need to update.

If I was after a visualizer to me Super supervision is worth the upgrade price alone but I am an RME user and we have DIGIcheck.

the to the plugins I have (Sound Toys, Fabfilter, NI, Izotope, Eventide, SD3) there isn't any new features what are worth me spending the money.

I'm recording guitars, programming drums and using soft synths sometimes.

Unless the future updates introduce some must have best in class features I'm very happy with v10. That would be the EQ's, Compressors, reverb etc.

If an update introduced those then I would def upgrade, but right now I would be better of spending that money in another area like a new mic, new FX pedal etc.

I love Cubase and I'm always excited to see what improvements they are making.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm finding the Pitch bend editing very laggy on my system with Cubase 11. Had no issues at all with other versions of Cubase - I knew I should have waited until their fist bug fix lol.
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

can't decide whether or not to pull the trigger on this update, I don't know why.
Good thread to follow.
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by liothomas View Post
can't decide whether or not to pull the trigger on this update, I don't know why.
Good thread to follow.
If none of the new features will guarantee an improvement in productivity do what I do and upgrade next summer when it will be 50% off and any initial bugs sorted out.
Old 22nd December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
download assistant not working on old osx

so i just bought the upgrade from 9.5 to Cubase 11.

unfortunately macbook pro i am using exclusively for internet is still on El Capitan. my other computers including Daw PC are completely offline.

while i managed to update eLicencer, and got my download access code and activation code, the Steinberg Download Assistant does not work anymore on old OSX operating systems..

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/e...s/360017212400

i tried to look arround the site for an alternative means of access, but there does not seem to be any - it always bring me back to the assistant download over again.

so, is there any other way to i get to my sofware now, other than going thru the ordeal of upgrading my mac osx, which i really don't have time to do right now ?

any advice is much appreciated.

thanks

Last edited by clusterchord; 22nd December 2020 at 04:31 AM..
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post

unfortunately macbook pro i am using exclusively for internet is still on El Capitan. my other computers including Daw PC is are completely offline.

while i managed to update eLicencer, and got my download access code and activation code, the Steinberg Download Assistant does not work anymore on old OSX operating systems..

i tried to look arround the site for an alternative means of access, but there does not seem to be any - it always bring me back to the assistant download over again.

so, is there any other way to i get to my sofware now, other than going thru the ordeal of upgrading my mac osx, which i really don't have time to do right now ?

thanks
I have found that going to the Steinberg website and getting to the "HELP" or SUPPORT area, then choosing the little CHAT button has really been helpful. Another time I called them, and they did return my call, within a couple hours at most. They were very helpful.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post

unfortunately macbook pro i am using exclusively for internet is still on El Capitan. my other computers including Daw PC is are completely offline.

thanks
Why not just hook up to the net on the DAW computers, update, and then disconnect?
Old 22nd December 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You can download Cubase 11 and all content without Steinberg Download Assistant by visiting https://www.steinberg.net/en/support...oads/cubase_11
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgimian View Post
You can download Cubase 11 and all content without Steinberg Download Assistant by visiting https://www.steinberg.net/en/support...oads/cubase_11
many thanks
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Upgraded something like ten days ago, from 10.5.20. Didn't have the time to test the new stuff, and to be honest, I'm not in a rush : nothing like what could be a game changer in it, in my view. Just two comments, though :

- This upgrade is surprisingly stable and reliable for a .0.0 version (consequently, I'm about to get rid of 10.5.20),
- The audio processing load, for exactly the same sketch project (a combination of audio, instrument and MIDI tracks, with 3 external instruments involved) has dropped, idle, from more or less 20 to something like 12-14%...

These two alone make the upgrade worth, IMO. I'll look more closely at the new stuff later : for the moment, I'm more enticed to an in depth test of my very recent Arturia VCollection 8 purchase...
πŸ“ Reply