The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
From Studio One 4 back to Cubase 10.5
Old 2 weeks ago
From Studio One 4 back to Cubase 10.5

Well i have both. But i really never learned Cubase 9. Anyway i bought 10.5 and starting learning the key commands. Now it is much easier to work with it.
I am really liking it. Anybody went from Studio one to Cubase?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektor View Post
Well i have both. But i really never learned Cubase 9. Anyway i bought 10.5 and starting learning the key commands. Now it is much easier to work with it.
I did and I really like Nuendo 10, but I'm in Post for my day job and I'm slowly migrating from Pro Tools. I use(d) Studio One 4 for music, and I love it, but I need more/deeper midi tools.

I'm happy that I switched, even though there are some bugs, there's nothing show stopping for me. It has ARA 2 integration and that's what made me make the move. S1 has it too, and I thought I wouldn't ever part with it, but when Steinberg implemented it, I knew I could make the move.

tg
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektor View Post
I own Studio One v4 and have tried to use it as my main DAW. It has a lot of great workflow features and isn't bogged down by 30 years of legacy code the way Cubase is. However, I keep coming back to Cubase if for no other reason than Studio One still (!) doesn't record SysEx (at least as far as I know). I use mostly hardware synths and it's essential that I be able to dump the synth patches at the start of their Cubase MIDI tracks so that I can recall the right sounds when I open up the song again.

Plus, I don't want to have to open a separate notation program if I want to see the score for my tracks. Having the Score Editor built into Cubase is much more convenient.
Old 6 days ago
I can see what you mean. But it is good having a all in one. But I heard Studio One does not handle external intrumentals well.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Style Guide View Post
I own Studio One v4 and have tried to use it as my main DAW. It has a lot of great workflow features and isn't bogged down by 30 years of legacy code the way Cubase is. However, I keep coming back to Cubase if for no other reason than Studio One still (!) doesn't record SysEx (at least as far as I know). I use mostly hardware synths and it's essential that I be able to dump the synth patches at the start of their Cubase MIDI tracks so that I can recall the right sounds when I open up the song again.

Plus, I don't want to have to open a separate notation program if I want to see the score for my tracks. Having the Score Editor built into Cubase is much more convenient.
How do you dump patches into Cubase? I don’t really know how to use system and I need to do this.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
I have had Cubase for decades and I really hate it.
If I want to do something it always doesn't do it at first, even simple things. I nearly always have to adapt my workflow or my expectations.

So I switched to StudioOne.
Oh, it looks really great.

Ok, it's a music program, where can I see the notes of a MIDI track?
Ouch, it has no built-in note editor / viewer. What?
Are there MIDI tracks (that's the music)?
No!!

Ok, I often use old MIDI VST plugins. They are very practical for doing musical things.
Ouch, there is no MIDI effect rack for MIDI VST plugins. What?

Ok, I mainly use HW synth, so I have to use MIDI sysex.
Ouch, it doesn't support MIDI sysex.

It is ridiculous that today's generation of developers has lost the interest and know-how of the old MIDI days.

So I am ruefully back on Cubase!
But I see there the same tendencies.

best regards
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear