The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Quadrafuzz V1 insight help
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quadrafuzz V1 insight help

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place but I'll ask here in case anyone knows, sorry if this is not the correct place. This is not strictly about Cubase but an old plugin as stated in the title, Quadrafuzz v1. I know it's a dated one but I'm interested in a particular side effect when used, pre-ringing.

I just like the way it sounds and I can't get this type of effect elsewhere, It's quite likely that being a multiband plugin, several filters and crossovers cause this, but I don't know how to replicate it outside this plugin.

Being a 32 bit vst I had to use Jbridge to use it in modern DAWs but that comes with inestability and being unreliable.

I posted examples below about it using a sine wave with incremental stacks of it and pictures showing the pre-ringing. I think it's a quite cool side effect for sound design and would like someone to tell me more about it or how to get closer to this type of pre-ring. I tried using multiband compressors but it's not coming close.

Maybe the crossover frequencies and poles it uses? it's a combination of that plus distortion?

For a better idea it's better to download the audios below. I named them 1-4 in order of how many are stacked. I used the default Quadrafuzz settings, nothing touched.

Any help is welcomed, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Quadrafuzz V1 insight help-6.jpg   Quadrafuzz V1 insight help-1.jpg   Quadrafuzz V1 insight help-2.jpg   Quadrafuzz V1 insight help-3.jpg   Quadrafuzz V1 insight help-4.jpg  

Quadrafuzz V1 insight help-5.jpg  
Attached Files

Quadrafuzz_ 1.mp3 (19.4 KB, 58 views)

Quadrafuzz_ 2.mp3 (19.4 KB, 37 views)

Quadrafuzz_ 3.mp3 (19.4 KB, 36 views)

Quadrafuzz_ 4.mp3 (19.4 KB, 37 views)

Quadrafuzz_ No FX.mp3 (19.4 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by shake_puig; 3 weeks ago at 08:02 PM.. Reason: Notes about Quadrafuzz settings.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear