The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How many use the stock Cubase EQ?
Old 3rd June 2020
How many use the stock Cubase EQ?

Curious how many are happy with the stock Cubase EQ's?
Old 3rd June 2020
I use Cubase standard EQ a LOT. Not least because I have the CC121 controller which makes it very practical. The situations where I don't use Cubase EQ is:
* removing resonances and such, there I use TDR Nova with some automatic dynamic matching
* occasional character EQ pultec style
* master bus, there I use TDR:s mastering EQ with some automatic matching
Old 3rd June 2020
Lives for gear

i'm hardly doing any work itb these days and went back to mixing on (digital) desks but if doing so, i'm mostly using nuendo's stock eq's, occasionally sonnox' or then alogorithmix' eq on the master bus.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

i use it. it works good.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Never the channel EQ (4 bands is not enough and I don't like the interface), Frequency all the time, even often as a trim/gain plugin.

Only gripe is: I would love a smaller range view. What looks like a tiny bump on the screen is actually +/-6dB or more.
The new external input feature would be great to have on Frequency as well!

Linphase and M/S per band are useful sometimes.

For those interested: I've default-setted my Frequency to be band 1 a 6dB/Oct HPF, band 2 a LowShelf and the last two bands a mirror of that.

Herwig
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

4-band version is good for quick simple changes. I use it all the time because it's fast and get's the job done.

For more problematic stuff I too use "Frequency".
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

My use echoes some of the above comments. It’s by no means the only EQ I use on a mix - there are more appropriate tools for character, precision, sweetening etc. - but I do turn to it quite often for quickly carving out space on individual tracks. I’ve got a CMC-QC controller which gives useful hands-on control, and I do find the new spectral comparison feature really useful.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
The stock Cubase EQ is very good for general transparent utililty tasks - clean and gets out the way. The stock (pro) EQ plugin "Frequency" is excellent - all the EQ you ever need really unless you require a character plugin for the task in hand.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Just because of the workflow it is great, it’s just always there, no need to insert a plugin. I use it in every project, a quick fix here and there, easily done. Multiple curves for high and low shelves (with/without resonance, a vaguely “pultec” style), decramped curves, low CPU. You even can switch UI style from graphic to knobs What’s not to like?
Yes, it is “only” four bands, but combined with the filters in the PRE section, it is probably sufficient EQ for 80% of the time, except for problem cases or sound design.
Doesn’t mean I like to use other stuff as well.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

To add to my previous post: the channel EQ is at a fixed place in the plugin chain. Since I'm using at least 3 plugins on every channel (iron, tape, console) I find it very important WHERE I would like to add any additional plugins. The channel EQ is a lot more clicking around to get to that (and less flexible overall) than just adding Frequency at the desired spot.

Herwig
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

four bands is not enough, eq position matters, min. three plugins per channel etc. - consider yourself lucky are not forced to work in the analog domain...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I use "Frequency" all the time as my go-to EQ. Does most of what I need.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
The pre sections low-cut, hi-cut and pre-gain are more or less used on everything that is recorded with a mic. Part of pre-mixing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Plug in(s) yes....channel, no. Need the volume offsets of the plug ins.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear