The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking For The Least Expensive Path To Cubase 10.5 Professional
Old 10th January 2020
Gear Nut

Looking For The Least Expensive Path To Cubase 10.5 Professional

I'm looking to purchase a legitimate copy of Cubase 10.5 Professional. I own Cubase AI 10 that was included with a product purchase but I don't have a lot of cash right now and I'm looking for a legitimate pathway to 10.5 Pro. I don't know if that could include people selling copies of their earlier versions of Cubase on eBay, new or used and then upgrading from there. I'm not sure if Steinberg would have a problem with me purchasing someone else's Cubase and transferring the license. I wouldn't think so, I'm just trying to figure out a way to save as much money as possible. I surely can't afford the cost to do a direct upgrade right now. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10th January 2020
Lives for gear

License transfer is allowed by Steinberg.

There is no magic way to get a low price, search ebay or other classifieds.
If you can't afford what's being asked for 10.5 Pro buy an older version and use it until there's an update sale.

Or wait for next upgrade sale and upgrade from AI then.

Sales are around mid year.
Old 11th January 2020
Gear Nut

I must have misread the description before. I didn't see the crossgrade offer from Studio One Professional.

If anyone knows who's got the best deal on that I may go for it. I hate I'm only days away from the Christmas sale everyone had.
Old 12th January 2020
Gear Nut

I just picked up Steinberg Cubase 10.5 Professional for $265.60 It pays to shop around!
Old 12th January 2020
Gear Nut

I'm still waiting for my order that is in processing, then I receive download info.

What's is the file size for Cubase 10.5 Pro and the complete file size including any extras it may include?

Thanks
Old 12th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
I'm still waiting for my order that is in processing, then I receive download info.

What's is the file size for Cubase 10.5 Pro and the complete file size including any extras it may include?

Thanks
It's massive..... over 20Gb!!
Old 12th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
It's massive..... over 20Gb!!
That's not a problem. I just was curious because I'll probably be downloading while away from home using my phone's mobile hotspot. I should've waited to buy the dongle while I'm away at a local store but I bought it already via Sweetwater. Sooo... I can't open it until I get home in a couple of weeks.

I really hate that Steinberg is still stuck on the dongle. I will be installing on my audiodesk at home and my laptop, so that dongle will have to be on the move a lot.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search