The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best DAW for classic music and including Spitfire Audio to work with?
Old 7th December 2019
Here for the gear

Best DAW for classic music and including Spitfire Audio to work with?

I've watched several videos, yet didn't find out yet which DAW is better to make classical music... Most of DAWs are well adapted for guitar, MIDI as I've noticed. Yeah, I never used any DAW, I know almost nothing, only the fact that Spitfire Audio is the best tool to use in classic composition or covers. I have purchased few versions including Hans Zimmer Strings. But dunno which DAW would fit the best. What would you advice? Does Cubase Elementor work with SA well? Or Pro? Or Ableton Live 10, S1 4? Really no idea....
Old 9th December 2019
Lives for gear

I use Logic X on Mac (You didn't say which O.S.) which I also see used in a lot of Spitfire tutorial videos, but you can't go wrong with Cubase on a PC or in general, it's a great DAW and I would chose that over any other DAW on your list for classical music especially Ableton or FL Studio! I'm sure the Cubase users here could let you know more...
Old 10th December 2019
Here for the gear

Unfortunately I have no chance of using Logic Pro as my PC runs Windows What about comparison Cubase Pro with Studio 1? Any idea?)
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagato_uchiha View Post
Unfortunately I have no chance of using Logic Pro as my PC runs Windows What about comparison Cubase Pro with Studio 1? Any idea?)
Personally I would go with Cubase Pro for what you want to do, although Studio 1 does look like nice DAW for other things...
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Mmmh let me see, best DAW for composing, a question posted in the Cubase forum.

I know Cubase Pro 10.

I'm totally unbiased of course
Old 17th December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
I've watched several videos, yet didn't find out yet which DAW is better to make classical music... Most of DAWs are well adapted for guitar, MIDI as I've noticed. Yeah, I never used any DAW, I know almost nothing, only the fact that Spitfire Audio is the best tool to use in classic composition or covers. I have purchased few versions including Hans Zimmer Strings. But dunno which DAW would fit the best. What would you advice? Does Cubase Elementor work with SA well? Or Pro? Or Ableton Live 10, S1 4? Really no idea....
I don't know which is the best but Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL use Cubase.

Junkie XL has some great videos on his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/junkiexlofficial

His Studio Time series is great. He explains his setup, his template etc. This is episode 1:

Alistair
Old 18th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
I've watched several videos, yet didn't find out yet which DAW is better to make classical music...
"Classical' could mean a number of things - It's not clear if you are planning recording using entirely acoustic performances or sampled instruments. If it's acoustic real-time performances, any DAW will be fine, even Audacity, you'll want to use the very best microphones, preamplifiers, and interface. If you need sampled instruments, the well-known price-point leader is Logic Pro, or use any generic DAW and purchase the instruments separately. Specify your intention and you will advice that is more attuned to your specific circumstance.
Old 18th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
I don't know which is the best but Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL use Cubase.

Junkie XL has some great videos on his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/junkiexlofficial

His Studio Time series is great. He explains his setup, his template etc. This is episode 1:

Alistair
Great series indeed and very generous of Tom to be giving away so much info about his process! Quite an inspiring chap full of enthusiasm..
Old 18th December 2019
Gear Maniac
It’s always interesting looking at what film musicians are dishing out.

But to the OP it doesn’t matter which DAW you use - any software can be applied with incredible results.
Old 18th December 2019
Gear Guru

The OP mentions Spitfire and Hans Zimmer strings. That is all MIDI, not live recording. The OP clearly wrote "making classical music", not recording.

Even for recording, having a good implementation of staff view with tools to produce sheet music for the musicians, integration with Dorico etc is of great use.

So IMO the absolute best tool is Cubase Pro.

Alistair

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search