The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase 10.5 release...
Old 28th May 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deondamage View Post
So far, every 10.5x update did nothing to fix any of the problems I`m experiencing, however, the May 25th update introduced a new issue on startup.

What are you on -Mac or PC? And which OS version? Sorry you're having difficulties -frustrating, I know.
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear

After all these years, trim head / tail shortcuts just like Pro Tools - AMAZING!
Old 29th May 2020
Gear Guru

???

I feel like I've been doing that in Nuendo for years... Are we thinking of the same thing?
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified View Post
After all these years, trim head / tail shortcuts just like Pro Tools - AMAZING!
sorry, what is trim head & tail shortcuts?
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

Place the selection cursor anywhere on a clip, hit a keyboard shortcut to trim the clip the cursor is on (without needing to select the clip or anything) from the start of the clip to the cursor or from the cursor to the end. This is a very commonly used functionality in PT and has not been available in Cubase - until Cubase 10.5.20 (as their release notes state as well).
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

Place the selection cursor anywhere on a clip, hit a keyboard shortcut to trim the clip the cursor is on (without needing to select the clip or anything) from the start of the clip to the cursor or from the cursor to the end. This is a very commonly used functionality in PT and has not been available in Cubase - until Cubase 10.5.20 (as their release notes state as well). You can also have the selection cursor across multiple tracks and use the shortcuts - great for drum or vocal editing.
Old 30th May 2020
Here for the gear

HiDPI on Windows is sitll not fixed so half my plugins are unusable or all the text is blurry, 19 months and counting now... :
Old 30th May 2020
GBP
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified View Post
Yes I have made some buttons in Metagrid. As you say “ very good for editing vocals” )
Old 30th May 2020
GBP
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
???

I feel like I've been doing that in Nuendo for years... Are we thinking of the same thing?
Yes I think it is taken from Nuendo, probably as an olive leaf to Cubase users....

Steinberg might have considered it a “branch” but they neglected to throw in
“Backbone”.....
Old 4th June 2020
Gear Head

cubase 10.5.20 is released

The problem of support for the 4k screens hidpi mode still does not solved
Knowing that, almost two years ago, I announced that the 4k support was available on Cubase 10 but its fake

People also upgraded to 10.5 and the support still poor, or rather it was not working properly

And now the company is rudely telling us that support will be available only in version 11
Note that the Mac version has this full feature since version 10
So why was the Windows version priced the same as the Mac version?

Why do not they solve the problem for free
this is steinberg problem ..
they should found solution for us

Why did they sold us a version with lack of support?
And they ask us to buy a new version in order to get support?
Is this fair?

Please review this topic as it expresses the annoyance of many customers

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...07701#p1007701
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The summer Discount of cubase 10.5. is here.

36 euros instead of 60
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post

36 euros instead of 60
Knew I should have waited! But then I'd have had lockdown without 10.5

Still waiting for Absolute Collection discount...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardTK View Post
Knew I should have waited! But then I'd have had lockdown without 10.5

Still waiting for Absolute Collection discount...
It's every year the same. Since many years.

New version with bugs on Christmas.

Bug fixes and discount in summer.
I take the later...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
solved*

on to the summer sale!

Last edited by souljahh; 4 weeks ago at 04:35 PM.. Reason: minor thing to bother
Old 4 weeks ago
Do they ever do sales on the crossgrades or just the new versions/updates???
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
Do they ever do sales on the crossgrades or just the new versions/updates???
yup. there was one last year.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

36 euros instead of 60
Appreciate this post.

Otherwise this would have slipped past me.

Installed and now running 10.5.20

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's every year the same. Since many years.

New version with bugs on Christmas.

Bug fixes and discount in summer.
I take the later...

I love it when they release the new version with more bugs
Old 2 weeks ago
I finally took the jump, seeing that I could upgrade for 36 € : after all, it'll make an eventual upgrade to 11 less costly.

Before, I made sure that I could install it beside my perfectly working 10.0.60 installation, though : I wouldn't have upgrade, otherwise. The only issue during the process is that there hasn't been a transfer of the preferences/audio setup/control room/external instruments/presets settings. So, I had to do the chore by myself.

Once done, and after having expected the worse, I'm rather surprised about the overall behavior of it (10.5.20 version) : until now, it seems as stable as 10.0.60. Now, how it will behave with a more in depth usage (including the new stuff) remains to be seen, in my case...
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
I finally took the jump, seeing that I could upgrade for 36 € : after all, it'll make an eventual upgrade to 11 less costly.

Before, I made sure that I could install it beside my perfectly working 10.0.60 installation, though : I wouldn't have upgrade, otherwise. The only issue during the process is that there hasn't been a transfer of the preferences/audio setup/control room/external instruments/presets settings. So, I had to do the chore by myself.

Once done, and after having expected the worse, I'm rather surprised about the overall behavior of it (10.5.20 version) : until now, it seems as stable as 10.0.60. Now, how it will behave with a more in depth usage (including the new stuff) remains to be seen, in my case...
In my experience, transferring the preferences (keeping them from a previous version) during installation is one of the main reasons for trouble. I always choose a complete installer rather only updating necessary files for that reason.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
In my experience, transferring the preferences (keeping them from a previous version) during installation is one of the main reasons for trouble. I always choose a complete installer rather only updating necessary files for that reason.
Must be lucky, always keep my prefs, no problems here on Mac using .20...been very solid.

Really looking forward to 11...have a feeling it will be a lot of notation stuff, and maybe movable mixer channels at last...we'll see...
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Must be lucky, always keep my prefs, no problems here on Mac using .20...been very solid.

Really looking forward to 11...have a feeling it will be a lot of notation stuff, and maybe movable mixer channels at last...we'll see...
What you mean by movable mixer channels?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I used the Update from 10.0 one, after doing a post in a related thread about this on Steiny forums : got a clear explanation about which one to choose, thanks to raino. When saying in my previous post that I had to do the chore by myself, I actually did the following :

1) Made a full backup of the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64 folder, just in case.
2) Copied all the files that were in the equivalent Cubase 10_64 folder to the Cubase 10.5_64 one, excepting all what was related to media or VST scans (IOW, media*.xml and vst*.xml files).
3) Replaced/add everything that was in the Cubase 10.5_64\Presets with the content of the equivalent 10.0 one.
4) Copied my projects templates in the equivalent Cubase 10.5_64\projects Templates folder.

I retrieved this way, almost everything, with no issue until now. After this, I'm not sure that this kind of process could be safely done from an x.5 version to an x+1.0 one...

Quote:
Confirmed again. Still rock stable, here, AFAICS : I'm wondering where all the issues reported here and there are coming from...

Quote:
Honestly, I'm waiting for an overhaul of the Generic remote definitions over everything else...
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
I used the Update from 10.0 one, after doing a post in a related thread about this on Steiny forums : got a clear explanation about which one to choose, thanks to raino. When saying in my previous post that I had to do the chore by myself, I actually did the following :

1) Made a full backup of the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64 folder, just in case.
2) Copied all the files that were in the equivalent Cubase 10_64 folder to the Cubase 10.5_64 one, excepting all what was related to media or VST scans (IOW, media*.xml and vst*.xml files).
3) Replaced/add everything that was in the Cubase 10.5_64\Presets with the content of the equivalent 10.0 one.
4) Copied my projects templates in the equivalent Cubase 10.5_64\projects Templates folder.

I retrieved this way, almost everything, with no issue until now. After this, I'm not sure that this kind of process could be safely done from an x.5 version to an x+1.0 one...

Confirmed again. Still rock stable, here, AFAICS : I'm wondering where all the issues reported here and there are coming from...

Honestly, I'm waiting for an overhaul of the Generic remote definitions over everything else...
Yeah, that's good practice. Basically the same procedure worked great for me, but caused a lot of trouble on a buddy's rig.
Old 1 week ago
GBP
Gear Maniac

Quote:
What you mean by movable mixer channels?
I think Oceantracks is talking about being able to move the mixer channels like you can in studio one.
Presently in Cubase you can only move the tracks around in the arrange page view (not including zones) , which then moves the mixer channels to match within the mixer view. It would be nice to be able to move the mixer channels around directly.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP View Post
I think Oceantracks is talking about being able to move the mixer channels like you can in studio one.
Presently in Cubase you can only move the tracks around in the arrange page view (not including zones) , which then moves the mixer channels to match within the mixer view. It would be nice to be able to move the mixer channels around directly.
Aah, now I get it. Yeah, that'd be cool.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear